View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 18th, 2014, 9:55 pm

Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Favre needs surgery to play 
RIP Killer

Post Re: Favre needs surgery to play
All this just sounds like a bunch of people overly interested in what someone does or has to say.

May 22nd, 2010, 10:47 pm
Lions2SB2 wrote:
Lionman3 wrote:
Favre: He’ll return to NFL if team returns to CWS
56 minutes ago

Buzz up!
0 Print
HATTIESBURG, Miss. (AP)—Brett Favre(notes) says he still isn’t sure what he’s doing next season, but he may have given some indication after visiting with the Southern Miss baseball team.

The Minnesota Vikings quarterback told the Golden Eagles on Thursday morning that if they can make it back to the College World Series for the second straight year, he will return for one more season in the NFL.

Favre has left fans hanging since the Vikings lost to New Orleans in the NFC Championship game. He signed a two-year contract with the Vikings before last season. Coach Brad Childress hasn’t talked with Favre recently except by text message.

Southern Miss players have a lot of work to do if they want to force Favre into action. They are 30-20 and need wins to earn a postseason invitation

Are you kidding me?!

This is stupid from him, like my old man said show some respect for the game.

Give me a break... now the guy can't even joke about his former baseball team? This is utterly ridiculous, media fabricated bullsh!t. If anyone really thinks that whether or not he plays on a surgically repaired arm hinges AT ALL on what a college baseball team does is a moron.

May 24th, 2010, 3:22 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

I don't think Any of us think that.

But if you can't see that its Douchey for him to joke about it/Make light of his possible return to a team with 13 Million and 100s of thousands of Fans Hinging on his decision .. you a Farve Apologist. Thats common sense.

At Best it was a poorly timed Joke and he is an Idiot. At Worst he knew it would be recorded, reported, and put him in the media spotlight again (it had been a few days). Either way, I expect more.

Now the Commercial from Sears or wherver where he waffles about buying a TV. That was a great way to make fun of himself for the past, so its not to say I am uptight or have no sense of humor, but sometimes it is just not the appropriate time/place.

May 24th, 2010, 4:11 pm
Profile ICQ WWW

DJ-B wrote:

But if you can't see that its Douchey for him to joke about it/Make light of his possible return to a team with 13 Million and 100s of thousands of Fans Hinging on his decision .. you a Farve Apologist. Thats common sense.

At Best it was a poorly timed Joke and he is an Idiot. At Worst he knew it would be recorded, reported, and put him in the media spotlight again (it had been a few days). Either way, I expect more.

Now the Commercial from Sears or wherver where he waffles about buying a TV. That was a great way to make fun of himself for the past, so its not to say I am uptight or have no sense of humor, but sometimes it is just not the appropriate time/place.

I agree. Favre unnanamously gets overlooked as one of the biggest "ME" guys in the NFL

May 24th, 2010, 4:23 pm

Killwill25 wrote:
DJ-B wrote:

I agree. Favre unnanamously gets overlooked as one of the biggest "ME" guys in the NFL

May 24th, 2010, 4:24 pm
DJ-B wrote:

I understand your point DJ, but the media watches this guy like a hawk and there IS NO time and place for him to joke about things like this. I'm 10000% certain that strangers and TV personalities ask him every chance that they get if he's coming back or not, and they pounce on every act and every word that the guy says that may provide some sort of indication as to his future intentions. The guy can't even go to the doctors and NOT SAY ANYTHING to the media without it making national sports news.

I know that if I were living under that sort of scrutiny I would say "eff it" too and just say whatever I wanted to say whenever I wanted to say it. That's all you can do. The only other alternative is to simply never come outside and live in a cave, or never be in a state where you don't know what you're going to do in the future. That said, I really don't think the latter is an option. At his age I think he generally has real, honest questions about both whether or not he CAN come back, and whether or not he WANTS to come back.

I'm 31 and I hurt myself moving a sleeper sofa... I can't image what kind of punishment he goes through at 40 getting creamed by 300lb NLF players, how he feels after a game, or how he feels about waking up day after day knowing that Sunday is coming and he's going to get hit again. At some point, even if you love the game, the competition, and the crowd/celebrity taking up a new hobby starts looking pretty damn good.

I can't fault the guy for making a joke to his former college's baseball team, and I think that it is media lunacy not Brett Favre stardom that makes these sort of comments into quasi-real sports stories.

May 24th, 2010, 4:47 pm

wjb. Thank you for your well thought out post. I cannot say how I feel about Farve (and he is a ME guy, and loves the spotlight) without admitting that the media is 50% of the problem as well. They do Stalk/Follow him everywhere, but he could still not say dumb things to get extra attention if he did not like it. Plenty of Stars in hollywood deal with this daily. They are part of the problem, but he encourages it, there is no doubt about that.

May 24th, 2010, 7:14 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Reply to topic   [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3