View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 23rd, 2014, 2:12 am

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 Lawrence Taylor Arrested After Rape Allegation 
Modmin Dude

Post Lawrence Taylor Arrested After Rape Allegation
Haven't seen this posted yet...

Quote:
May 6, 2010
Lawrence Taylor Arrested After Rape Allegation
By LYNN ZINSER and NATE SCHWEBER
Lawrence Taylor, the former New York Giants linebacker, was arrested early Thursday morning and will be arraigned Thursday afternoon on a charge of third-degree rape involving a 16-year-old girl at a hotel in Montebello, N.Y., according to the authorities.

Taylor was taken into custody after the police received a report that the girl, who was reported to be missing from her home in the Bronx since March, had been brought to Taylor’s hotel room by a pimp. According to Christopher P. St. Lawrence, the town supervisor of Ramapo, N.Y., the Ramapo police went to Taylor’s room at the Holiday Inn Suffern, in Montebello, and arrested him without incident.

The police have scheduled a news conference for 3:30 p.m. to discuss the case. Taylor has an arraignment hearing on the third-degree rape charge at 4 p.m.

“We have a victim who is 16 years old who has alleged that they had sex,” Mr. St. Lawrence said. “She is not allowed under New York laws to have consensual sex. She is traumatized. She’s a very young girl.”

Mr. St. Lawrence said the chain of events started when the girl’s uncle, who had reported her missing, called the New York Police Department saying he had received a text message from her. In it, she said she was being driven back to the Bronx by a pimp and gave the address where she was headed. N.Y.P.D. officers went to that address, and found the girl and the alleged pimp. The N.Y.P.D. then called the Ramapo police and asked them to arrest Taylor.

Mr. St. Lawrence said they were looking to bring charges against the pimp, whose name he said would be released at the news conference, and said the police were investigating whether the girl had been kept by him against her will.

“I think she was victimized by someone helping her for the wrong reasons,” Mr. St. Lawrence said.

Mr. Taylor, 51, lists his residence as Pembroke Pines, Fla., but he also owns a home in northern New Jersey. Montebello, a village in Rockland County about 25 miles north of New York City, is close to the New York-New Jersey state line; the hotel is situated just off the New York Thruway. Mr. St. Lawrence said the hotel is about a half-mile from the Spook Rock Golf Course, where Mr. Taylor plays about 50 times a year.

Mr. Taylor, who was inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame in 1999 and is considered one of the best defensive players to play in the N.F.L., had a 13-year career with the Giants that was marred by problems with drugs and alcohol. He was suspended several times by the N.F.L. and was arrested multiple times for drug possession. In the past few years he has re-emerged as a public personality, including working in front of the camera on N.F.L. broadcasts. He has said his drug problems are in his past.

In November he was charged in Dade County, Fla., with leaving the scene of an accident. He was released on $500 bond; the case is still pending.

Mr. St. Lawrence said that the police removed evidence from Mr. Taylor’s room, but that he did not believe the police found drugs.

Officials from the Giants and the N.F.L. said they would have no immediate comment on Thursday about the arrest.

Judy Battista contributed reporting.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/05/07/sport ... tml?src=me

May 6th, 2010, 3:23 pm
RIP Killer

Post Re: Lawrence Taylor Arrested After Rape Allegation
Wow... this is so sad...

May 6th, 2010, 3:34 pm
1st Round Pick

steensn wrote:
Wow... this is so sad...

Not to mention disgusting. He's 51 years old. I'm shure there are plenty of women his own age and even a few years younger who wouldnt mind doing him, but 16 come on.

May 6th, 2010, 3:39 pm
RIP Killer

Probably the best defensive player I ever saw, talk about a beast. Unfortunately, he is also a beast off the field.

May 6th, 2010, 3:43 pm
Profile WWW
Div 1 - Starter

Unfortunately this hardly seems like shocking news. LT has consistently had issues with self-control and laws.

May 6th, 2010, 8:09 pm
RIP Killer

Pablo wrote:
Probably the best defensive player I ever saw, talk about a beast. Unfortunately, he is also a beast off the field.

I can't help but wonder how much of the "beast" in him was fueled by the cocaine, and how much he would or would not have accomplished without it.

May 6th, 2010, 9:14 pm
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

m2karateman wrote:
Pablo wrote:

I can't help but wonder how much of the "beast" in him was fueled by the cocaine, and how much he would or would not have accomplished without it.

this whoe thin is kinda strange though.....how can you be charged with buying a prostitute AND rape?

seems like it can only be one or the other....can anyone help me here?

May 7th, 2010, 11:30 am
Mr. Irrelevant

Legally speaking, any form or act of sexual intercourse without consent is considered rape. Sure this girl was getting paid, but how much of that was going to her pimp and did she even want to be there? Probably not. That's why it is considered rape. Plus, with her being under 17 or 18 years old, it is considered statuatory rape because "legally" she isn't allowed (or old enough) to consent to sexual favors, intercourse etc. . .

May 7th, 2010, 12:41 pm
Color Commentator - John Madden

Right, she can not consent to having sex since she's not 17, as the state of New York mandates. He is also charged with solicitation of a prostitute which is also an offense. When they showed LT in the court room with his attorney, he looked like, to me at least, a man that knew he really screwed up. I want to believe he's innocent until he's proven guilty, but my initial reaction is that he did this and is going to have to do some jail time.

May 7th, 2010, 1:07 pm
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

Great football player, but a train wreck ever since he left the game.

May 7th, 2010, 1:23 pm
Hall of Fame Player

Post Lawrence Taylor

The "L" ain't for 'Lawrence'! [-(

May 7th, 2010, 9:42 pm
Profile WWW
Varsity Benchwarmer

Dont Smoke Crack!!!!! =D>

May 9th, 2010, 2:24 am
RIP Killer