View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently December 22nd, 2014, 10:57 am

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
 Anquan Boldin Holding Out? 
RIP Killer

Post Anquan Boldin Holding Out?
Cardinals | Boldin Potential Holdout Over Contract Situation - from www.KFFL.com
Sun, 24 Apr 2005 14:50:33 -0700

Darren Urban, of the East Valley Tribune, reports Arizona Cardinals WR Anquan Boldin has spent the offseason working out on his own so far, but the question that remains is whether or not his contract situation will keep him from working out at the team's complex. His agent, Drew Rosenhaus, is still pushing hard for a new contract despite his current contract having two years remaining on it. Thus, there is a chance Boldin will not show up for the voluntary team organized workouts and possibly also skip out of the team's mandatory minicamp. When asked if Boldin would be at minicamp, he responded with, "Yeah, hopefully." He said his plan is to be there, but noted he does not know. Rosenhaus declined to comment on the situation. As for Boldin's health, he said he was not 100 percent all of last year due to a knee injury. Now, however, he said he has regained his quickness and speed.

April 24th, 2005, 10:05 pm
Pro Bowl Player

They drafted Jerome Mathis this year, Larry fitzgerald last year, and Anquan Boldin 2 years ago.. They have about as dangerous a receving corps as we do, He better keep his butt there!

April 25th, 2005, 12:00 am
Profile WWW
QB Coach

We didn't draft Jerome Mathis... We got LeRon McCoy in the 7th round... and he isn't a replacement by any means.

This has been going on for a year... nothing new.

April 25th, 2005, 12:34 am
Profile WWW
Pro Bowl Player

I got Arizona Confused with Houston... my bad

Arizona
Bryant Johnson 1rst round 2003
Anquan Boldin 2nd round 2003
Larry Fitzgerald 1rst round 2004
TheReal McCoy 7th round 2005

Is Bryant Johnson a bust? I remember hearing a whole lot about Anquan but nothing about him? and to anybody that says drafting 3 WR's in two years is a bad thing Look at the talent Arizona got

Last edited by Ferris on April 25th, 2005, 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

April 25th, 2005, 9:56 am
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Post Re: Anquan Boldin Holding Out?
conversion02 wrote:
His agent, Drew Rosenhaus

That is all you had to say. I haven't checked into what agent each of the Lions rookies have signed with, but I pray none of them signed with Rosenhaus!

April 25th, 2005, 10:23 am
Profile WWW
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

Post Re: Anquan Boldin Holding Out?
Pablo wrote:
conversion02 wrote:
His agent, Drew Rosenhaus

That is all you had to say. I haven't checked into what agent each of the Lions rookies have signed with, but I pray none of them signed with Rosenhaus!

He is bad for the NFL

Does anyone know how many EX-Miami players who are holding out?

April 25th, 2005, 12:46 pm
RIP Killer

Well this thread got me looking into the Lions rookie agents and you are not going to believe what I found. Guess we don't have to worry about Cody signed with DR... :lol:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft05/n ... 4788&num=0

Quote:
You knew it was only a matter of time.

First, it was Donald Trump with the now famous words of "you're fired" as contestants competed to become the next employee of the multi-millionaire executive.

Now, athletes could be the next to utter the phrase. And first to play the role of "The Donald" is University of Southern California defensive lineman Shaun Cody.

"Super Agent," sort of "The Apprentice" meets "The Bachelor" with a hint of "Dream Job" is an eight-week reality show looking at the process Cody goes through in selecting an agent.

The brainchild of NFL agent Jack Bechta and former Women's Tennis Association chief operation officer Josh Ripple, "Super Agent" features nine prospective agents looking for a marquee client.

Cody, who is projected to be a late first-round draft pick, signed on to do the show shortly after the Trojans' victory over Oklahoma in the Orange Bowl.

When first approached about the idea, Cody was focused on finishing his senior season. But he received another phone call one day after the Orange Bowl and accepted the offer.

"I thought it was a good idea initially," said Cody, a first-team Associated Press All-American last season. "They changed a few things around and I thought it was a good thing."

The eight-week series, scheduled to begin airing on July 20 on Spike TV, will have agents competing in a series of challenges in order to convince Cody they're best suited for the right to be his agent.

"Jack put an all-points bulletin out to all of his agent friends and we went through hundreds and hundreds of prospective candidates," Jordan Harman, the show's executive producer, said. "We picked people who represented all aspects of the agent world to give Shaun a fair representation."

One of the agents who received word of the show was Tim McIlwain, based out of Manhattan Beach, Calif., who currently represents free-agent center Jason Starkey and Arizona Cardinals receiver Nathan Poole.

McIlwain, who admits it's hard to recruit against higher-profile agents, couldn't pass on the opportunity.

"The reality is I don't watch a lot of television, but anytime you're going to bring me a first-round draft pick, I'll take a shot at him," McIlwain said.
Coincidentally, before learning about the show, McIlwain spent time rooting against Cody on the playing field as an alumnus of the University of California.

Taping began in late January at the Senior Bowl in Mobile, Ala., where Cody met the nine agents along with the show's host, Kansas City tight end Tony Gonzalez for the first time. Besides serving as the show's host, Gonzalez became a mentor for Cody, providing advice from his own experiences in hiring an agent.

Gonzalez has had two agents, signing with Leigh Steinberg when he started his NFL career in 1997, and later hiring local agent Tom Condon at IMG Football.

"Tony was awesome ? when he signed on I was pretty much in," Cody said. "I was a fan of his growing up because I wanted to be a tight end and I remember watching a lot of game tape on him in college."

Along with Gonzalez's advice, Cody relied a lot on his family to come up with his final decision.

"My family was a big factor in a lot of the decisions I made," Cody said. "They had a chance to have dinner with all the agents and speak to them on a one-on-one basis."

Competition between the agents included mock contract negotiations with a former NFL general manager and pitching Cody as a spokesman for Reebok.

As with any reality show, there was a wide assortment of personalities.
"There's a woman, someone from the Midwest, someone from Texas, myself who is from New Jersey," McIlwain said. "Everyone got along for the most part but there were a couple people who were more annoying than others."

In the end, Cody's decision came down to three agents.

"It was tough because they were all such great agents," Cody said. "It comes down to that gut feeling."

April 25th, 2005, 2:18 pm
Profile WWW
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

BTW,

Like your new Avatar Pablo.

April 25th, 2005, 2:49 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Like your new Avatar Pablo.

It was slowing down systems, Alpha made me change it! [-(

April 25th, 2005, 3:02 pm
Profile WWW
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

April 25th, 2005, 3:08 pm
Profile WWW
QB Coach

Is Bryant Johnson a bust? I remember hearing a whole lot about Anquan but nothing about him? and to anybody that says drafting 3 WR's in two years is a bad thing Look at the talent Arizona got

Johnson actually had a solid second season... he could break out in his third year. 49 receptions for 537 yards and a TD. Not bad at all for a #2/3 receiver.

He's been better than most other receivers in that class. He was perceived as a reach in the Dave McGinnis regime... Denny Green was questioning the pick (saying that Terrell Suggs was a better one).

Now Denny is here... and we have A+ drafts!

April 25th, 2005, 5:23 pm
Profile WWW
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

Man Drew Rosenhaus has got to be rich, thats what hes doing anyway, he's motivating a bunch into thinking there worth more, thats why more are signing with him, this guy needs to be banned from the league...

Michael Huff for DROY

April 25th, 2005, 7:10 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

They picked up Timmy Chang

Cardinals | Green Excited About Chang
Tue, 26 Apr 2005 21:50:54 -0700

AZCardinals.com reports Arizona Cardinals head coach Dennis Green is excited about the addition of undrafted free agent QB Timmy Chang. "Many times because of the style they play with a team, guys get kind of downgraded a little bit," Green said. "I think people though [Hawaii's] offense wouldn't suit the NFL so it was hard to project him, but I think he'll come in and have an excellent chance to compete."

April 27th, 2005, 8:38 am
Site Admin

LMAO...now Denny can run his 4 QB rotation again :lol:

April 27th, 2005, 9:10 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]