View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 20th, 2014, 8:08 pm

Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Report: Favre tells Vikings he's not returning 
Modmin Dude

Post Re: Report: Favre tells Vikings he's not returning
Quote:
Shutdown Corner Wed Aug 04 09:24am PDT

Rodney Harrison blasts Favre for selfishness, craving attention
By Chris Chase

Former NFL All-Pro Rodney Harrison(notes) ripped Brett Favre on Wednesday morning for stringing along his Minnesota Vikings teammates and acting selfishly as he decides whether to play his 20th season in the NFL.

Speaking on the Dan Patrick Show, the current NBC studio analyst implied Favre had no class and that he teases everyone with retirement flip-flops because he craves the attention of the media.

Harrison wrote:
"You get to a point at 40 years old that you know exactly what you want to do — if you want to play football or not. And that's why I've been critical of this guy. Because it's so unfair to your teammates, it's unfair to your coaches, it's unfair to the city, the organization that you keep leaving people hung out to dry like that.

I've never understood Brett Favre(notes). I just think he loves the media attention. At 40 years old, you know if you want to grind through an 18-week season.

If I was a teammate of his, I'd probably be a little ticked off he's not in training camp."

Harrison went on to say that "guys who really have class" like Tom Brady(notes) and Peyton Manning(notes) would never be in such a position because they care about their teammates and organization and don't make things about themselves. The former Patriots star would know a thing or two about having no class; he was regarded as the dirtiest player in the league during his career and racked up more than $200,000 in fines

If Favre does return to the NFL before the start of the regular season, his first game would be broadcast on Harrison's network, NBC.

August 4th, 2010, 4:15 pm
Modmin Dude

You're gonna love this one:

Deadspin wrote:
'Brett Favre Once Sent Me Cock Shots': Not A Love Story

Here's another reason Brett Favre should stay retired this time: Turns out The Daily Line's Jenn Sterger has kept a ridiculously disturbing (but HILARIOUS) secret about her interactions with The Gunslinger while they were both part of the Jets organization.

For those who don't know (or forget) who Jenn Sterger is: formerly buxom Florida State Cowgirl who gained internet notoriety for being a buxom Florida State fan who parlayed that popularity into a full-time career. She did Maxim shoots. Playboy shoots. She wrote a "Confessions of a Cowgirl" column for Sports Illustrated. Then, in 2008, Ms. Sterger joined the Jets as an in-house sideline reporter. It was during that fateful time that her and Mr. Favre's paths began to cross. Sort of.

Last winter, close to the Super Bowl, Ms. Sterger and I were discussing a possible collaboration on the proposed "Deadspin Swimsuit Project," which turned into a conversation about the whole "athlete dong photo" phenomenon. She claimed that she's been on the receiving end of several of those types of cell phone interactions by drunk men, some of whom were professional athletes. We later had a phone conversation about who some of the more well-known dong-shot senders were. One person, she claimed, who was very into cell phone-donging her was none other than Brett Favre. Now, at one point in his career, this news wouldn't be too surprising. Favre's time in Green Bay is littered with stories about his boozing and carousing. But gray-haired Favre? Oh yeah, she said. Sterger said that Favre first began to call her early in the season and leave strange, friendly messages on her voicemail. She played me one of these voicemails over the phone. It was Brett turning on the Mississippi simpleton charm on his way to practice giving Jenn a friendly good ol' boy hello to a pretty lady. It was odd, but nothing incriminating. Then the phone calls from Brett started to turn weird.

Sterger claimed she spurned Favre's advances because he was married, but also because she was working for the Jets at the time she didn't think it was the best idea to start a torrid affair with the team's highest profile player (the Jets have not responded to a question about any knowledge of the Favre/Sterger saga at this time). Plus, if she went forward with how aggressive he was and how skeeved out she was to some of her superiors, she suspected she might lose her job. The interactions were flirty and strange but she didn't think there wasn't anything that made her too uncomfortable. But then, one night, Sterger received a picture on her phone which was so shocking that she just tossed it across the room. It was his dick. Brett Favre's dick. And it happened multiple times. In fact, Sterger claims that, in one of the photos Favre allegedly sent her, he's masturbating — while wearing a pair of Crocs. In another photo, Favre is holding his penis while wearing the wristwatch he wore during his first teary-eyed retirement press conference. You know, this one:

But soon after Jenn told me this story, she balked about releasing the photos or voicemails she still had on her computer. They were still on her computer because they were fun to laugh at amongst friends, but she never planned to sell them or use them to bolster her profile. We invited her in into the Gawker Media lair many times to have a nice discussion about what we could do with the photos and how they could be presented and how she wouldn't look bad in the process if she just had fun with it. Alas, that didn't happen. When this Favre conversation first took place, Jenn started on Vs.' "The Daily Line" show so this wasn't the added publicity she wanted or need at the time. Plus, she really didn't want her name attached to this whatsoever. And I was told by her to keep my big mouth shut. Here's her email to me on February 15, 2010:

Quote:
AND NOT A WORD OF THAT SH!T TO ANYONE.
I like ya AJ... and if there is a way to expose this dude for the creepy douche he is WITHOUT me being attached to it in any way that is fine. I just want to make it clear I never met him, saw him, etc... because I don't roll that way. That way meaning old.. or married. Some big boobed hoes have morals and souls believe it or not..

I agreed, but still persisted because I'm a dick and it's an incredibly funny story, but one that didn't really hold any real weight unless she either gave us the A.) photos B.) voicemails C.) attached her name to it. She was reluctant to do so up until yesterday because I pressed her on it:

Okay, here's the deal:

I'm very close to running your Favre allegations today. I've spoken to the Jets about this. So let me know how you want to proceed, please. I'd prefer you were on the record about this stuff, but I understand if you don't want to be. However, I do have our email conversations we had and, frankly, that's enough to get this started.

Not trying to dick you over, but, there was no way I was going to sit on it forever, either.

So lemme know.

Her Blackberry was messed up, though. However, she did respond by saying she would (finally) go on the record with her tales of Favre's creepy cell phone stalking:

I can... as soon as I get this thing back and running.. or you could meet me in person on my way to studio in a few hours.

So I'm gonna say she's settled on C. There's no turning back now. But who knows? Jenn and I never connected yesterday, either in person or on the phone. Maybe those photos will surface at this point since I assume many people would like to hear her side of this story, given it's a helluva lot more interesting than any retirement rope-a-dopes.

And there's no real evidence that Favre's been horndoggin' it throughout the latter part of his NFL career. Maybe he was just lonely while he spent time in New York and sought some companionship with Sterger who, if you hadn't noticed, does resemble his wife, Deanna. One thing that is notable is this: it turns out that Brett watched last year's Super Bowl at home in Mississippi. He didn't watch it alone, however. According to one source, he watched the Saints miraculously defeat the Colts in the company of one special guest: Tiger Woods. I wonder what those guys talked about?

http://deadspin.com/5603701/brett-favre ... love-story

:shock: :lol:

August 4th, 2010, 4:29 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

While it is unsubstantiated to this point (at least IMO) , would it really suprise anyone if the King of "ME Guys" acted like a quitessential douche ME ME ME Guy?

August 4th, 2010, 4:50 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
sleepy2.gif

August 4th, 2010, 5:39 pm
1st Round Pick

Location: Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 763.18 miles from Ford Field
Not buying one bit of this right now. It all comes down to his ankle and I gurantee if he comes back, the Saints will be looking to hurt him even more this time.

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

August 5th, 2010, 6:31 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

why does Farva keep showing up at f'ing high schools all the damn time? Just fade away into oblivion you clown!

August 5th, 2010, 7:40 pm
Modmin Dude

PFT wrote:
Glazer gets the real scoop behind Favre's waffling
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on August 9, 2010 12:48 PM ET

We continue to be amazed by those who have suggested that Judd Zulgad of the Minneapolis Star-Tribune and Jay Glazer of FOX somehow made up the fact that Brett Favre texted a number of his teammates about his intent to retire.

Favre didn't help matters when he lied about the texts, essentially calling the teammates that publicly confirmed the news liars too.

Six days after the drama started, Glazer uncovers what really happened in an excellent piece for FOX. (We want more of these, Jay.) Favre indeed sent texts to many teammates, convincingly telling them he was done because of health reasons.

That inspired a "two-pronged" attack by the Vikings organization and players to beg, plead, and cajole Favre into reconsidering. The Vikings offered Favre a "much more lucrative package" to entice him back. (Glazer mentions $20 million.)

It sounds like the love Vikings teammates showed may have meant more to Favre. According to Glazer, not many Packers, if any, asked him to reconsider his retirement. The Jets seemed happy he was gone.

"He's torn," said one Vikings player. "I think in his mind he was done, but loves the guys in this locker room and doesn't want to let them down. He didn't want to [come back], but I don't think he can say no to these guys. He's tortured."

It seems faintly ridiculous, not to mention melodramatic, that Favre would need so much ego massaging. But that doesn't make the reporting any less true.

I fully expect Favre to play, just like many of you. But it's hardly surprising that Favre doesn't know himself yet; that he has to feel wanted, that he's struggling with the decision every step of the way.

If Brett Favre could stop himself from becoming a parody of Brett Favre, he probably would have by now.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... -waffling/

August 9th, 2010, 1:16 pm
Modmin Dude

Glaze wrote:
The real reason Brett's waffling
Jay Glazer
Updated Aug 9, 2010 12:18 PM ET
MANKATO, Minn.
Brett Favre was done.

Last week, Favre informed several Vikings he was hanging up his cleats. His mind may have said otherwise, but his body was telling him it was time.

But like so many other times in Favre's career, his actions veered from his intentions.

After spending a few days in Minnesota, the events of the latest chapter in Favre's long-running soap opera now appear much clearer. Here is the story, from the inside.

Favre indeed sent text messages to teammates telling them he was forgoing his 20th season, citing his health as the reason. According to sources, while the texts seemed pretty convincing that he had made up his mind, the team wasn't letting their gunslinger slip off into the sunset without a fight.

In a two-pronged attack, the Vikings organization immediately jumped into action, offering him a much more lucrative package for this season and pleading with him to reconsider his decision. Simultaneously, veteran players immediately implored teammates to bombard Favre with texts or calls, asking him to give them one last shot at the Super Bowl.

As one source explained to me, Favre probably wasn't prepared for such an outpouring. When he left the Packers there wasn't much love, if any, from teammates asking him to reconsider. And there certainly wasn't any from Jets' players. But with this team, Favre was completely beloved, and for the first time, had an entire locker room figuratively pounding down his door like a husband begging his wife not to file for divorce.

"He's torn," said another member of the Vikings. "I think in his mind he was done, but loves the guys in this locker room and doesn't want to let them down. He didn't want to (come back), but I don't think he can say no to these guys. He's tortured."

Not one source on the Vikings believed this was a play for money or a play for more time. Would he take the money they decided to throw his way to come back? Of course, but it's not the driving force behind why he initially chose to shut it down, only to halt his decision and buy himself more time.

Do I believe Favre will be under center against the Saints opening night of the season? Absolutely. Even when I reported what his intentions were last week, I fully believed he would change his mind over and over again before coming to the rescue.

Initially, I believed this was all part of Favre's ploy to get teammates to beg him to come back. But I don't believe this to be the case anymore. After talking with several Vikings, I honestly believe Favre, frustrated with his ankle and listening to his body, sent his message with the intention of letting the guys down easily. I don't think he was looking for drama this time.

But anything related with Favre automatically comes with its own built-in circus. That circus was made even more bizarre when Favre denied what some of his teammates had already confirmed -- that he had sent messages saying he was done.

Instead of denying he had informed teammates he wasn't coming back, Favre should have openly stated he is struggling with letting down a locker room full of guys who emphatically asked him to reconsider. Public sentiment surely would have granted him more patience and sympathy had he honestly admitted that he intended to retire, but the team's reaction had gotten him to relent. There is great honor in this, even if Favre is unable to make it back for a 20th season because of injuries.

Some on the team still believe he's going to listen to his body. One source said he wouldn't be surprised if Favre was going to see Dr. James Andrews, almost hoping to come up with proof that his ankle was not good to go. At least, in this case, he would feel somebody else made the decision for him. While others still believe that Favre was simply frustrated by how his ankle and body were feeling and in a few weeks he would recover enough to come back.

In the end, will Favre play? Absolutely, unless his ankle will put him in harm's way this year. Do I feel Favre felt he was done last week? No doubt, more so now that I've seen and heard the evidence.

But I also believe he was taken aback by the outpouring of support and love he was shown from his troops. How can he say no to that . . . and $20 million?

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/bret ... zer-080910

August 9th, 2010, 1:21 pm
Color Commentator - John Madden

I hope he doesn't come back, but until the 5th game of the season rolls around, I'm still going to believe that he's coming back.

August 10th, 2010, 1:08 pm
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

He'll be back...bank on it! this is nothing mre than the same old BS

August 11th, 2010, 11:04 am
1st Round Pick

Location: Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 763.18 miles from Ford Field
conversion02 wrote:
why does Farva keep showing up at f'ing high schools all the damn time? Just fade away into oblivion you clown!

Hell have him show up at my high school. Our football team went 0-7 last year.

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

August 12th, 2010, 7:13 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

conversion02 wrote:

I think it's great. Can you imagine being a high school WR and having Farve come and throw to you? I'd love to be a celebrity like that and give kids like that that opportunity.

August 12th, 2010, 7:15 pm
RIP Killer

Uninvited. The guy's ego is so damn big.

Yeah, something like that would be nice if he called the school and said, "hey, can I come in during your football practice and work with the players?" But to just randomly show up at the high school, in the middle of the day? That's just strange.

August 12th, 2010, 10:04 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

steensn wrote:
conversion02 wrote:

I think it's great. Can you imagine being a high school WR and having Farve come and throw to you? I'd love to be a celebrity like that and give kids like that that opportunity.

steesn, please get out of Brett Favres' thong.

August 12th, 2010, 11:36 pm
RIP Killer

lawlz

August 13th, 2010, 8:07 am
Reply to topic   [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next