View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently December 22nd, 2014, 1:51 pm

Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Report: Favre tells Vikings he's not returning 
Player of the Year - Offense

Post Re: Report: Favre tells Vikings he's not returning
steensn wrote:
conversion02 wrote:
why does Farva keep showing up at f'ing high schools all the damn time? Just fade away into oblivion you clown!

I think it's great. Can you imagine being a high school WR and having Farve come and throw to you? I'd love to be a celebrity like that and give kids like that that opportunity.

Some random old dude comes to a high school, texts pictures of a dingalong and asking kids to play catch in any other city would be charged as being a pedophile.... lol, its not great.

August 13th, 2010, 8:07 pm
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

Told ya:
PFT wrote:
Brett Favre finally makes up his mind
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on August 17, 2010 2:46 PM ET
There's just something about August 17th that Brett Favre must like. (Either that, or Jared Allen did a great job tying Favre up.)

Exactly one year from the day Brad Childress first chauffeured Favre to the Minnesota Vikings facility, there are multiple indications that Favre has finally decided to return to the team for the 2010 season.

Scott Hanson of NFL Network reports that Favre is on a jet heading north to Minnesota. We haven't confirmed that news, but we can repeat an email sent out from Brett Favre's official website. The email says:

"Stay tuned for breaking news from the Minnesota Vikings today on Brett Favre's possible return. Visit the Vikings.com and Officialbrettfavre.com for more information."

Was there ever any doubt?

UPDATE: The Minneapolis Star-Tribune confirms Favre is on a flight to Minnesota. Although this gives him extra time to change his mind.

UPDATE II: Jay Glazer of FOX reports that Favre told the trio of Vikings who came to persuade him to return that he is "back in" and he's on a plane to Minnesota now. Glazer notes Favre hasn't told the team anything yet and could always change his mind.

August 17th, 2010, 4:37 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

As if there was any doubt. Called it from day 1, Toe the line, generate headlines. Soak in as much Ego enforcing public and teamate love as possible, and then right before you get to the point where your teamates say, Yes or NO - we don't care but choose today, he chooses to come back.

I look forward to a rousing tear based press conference, where he spills about how the dedication and love of his teamates motivated him to overlook the physical pain and recovery to give it one more try. Maybe a single tear on the cheek (or more). What a crock of poop. I can't wait to watch Avril , Suh, Williams or KVB de-cleat him.

August 17th, 2010, 7:18 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
RIP Killer

Good!

August 18th, 2010, 9:10 pm
QB Coach

Now the Vikings fans can look forward to Favre lighting it up in the regular season, and throwing the killer INT to end their season. It's what he's done every year for the past several seasons.

That or he gets injured and is done for good.

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

August 19th, 2010, 2:21 pm
RIP Killer

I'd love to see him go out with a SB win... would be nice to have the NFC North look a little more dominant.

August 19th, 2010, 2:43 pm
Modmin Dude

steensn wrote:
I'd love to see him go out with a SB win... would be nice to have the NFC North look a little more dominant.

I'd love for them to miss the playoffs :P

August 19th, 2010, 3:07 pm
Player of the Year - Offense

He won't make it through the whole season. That ankle is a big X marks the spot. Even after the surgery, he's got a new bone spur. If the Saint's D doesn't get to him in game 1, I'd expect him to be put on his rectum quite a few times in week 3 when we face them.

August 19th, 2010, 3:10 pm
Varsity 1st Team

Love to see him Abruptly retire after his team is 3-7 and blame it on a injury.

frok

August 19th, 2010, 3:11 pm
ST Coordinator – John Bonamego

TheRealWags wrote:
steensn wrote:

Heck I'd like to see him make the playoffs and then throw another pick 6 for a loss...But then again I'm spiteful. That would amuse me to no end.

August 19th, 2010, 5:46 pm
1st Round Pick

he can retire after vanden bosch , Arvil and Suh have there shots at him. I'd like him to meet a detroit pass rush for once other then Porcher and Scroggins.

August 19th, 2010, 8:40 pm

steensn wrote:

How can you root for one of our most hated rivals? Are'nt you tired of Favre's nuts on your chin? The Vikings winning the SB benefits no one but MN. I'm with everyone else in saying that I hope this season goes horribly wrong for the Vikings. It's not bad enough being the laughing stock of the NFL so you want to see another team (in our division) who's never won a SB win one before us? I honestly can't believe how you can root for this guy after seeing him abuse us for the past 20 years. Now you want to see him win a superbowl :idea: . How about rooting for our QB.

August 20th, 2010, 12:10 am
Modmin Dude

regularjoe12 wrote:
TheRealWags wrote:
steensn wrote:

Heck I'd like to see him make the playoffs and then throw another pick 6 for a loss...But then again I'm spiteful. That would amuse me to no end.

and have it be against the Packers, now THAT would be awesome!!! :lol:

August 20th, 2010, 9:08 am
ST Coordinator – John Bonamego

Killwill25 wrote:
steensn wrote:

How can you root for one of our most hated rivals? Are'nt you tired of Favre's nuts on your chin? The Vikings winning the SB benefits no one but MN. I'm with everyone else in saying that I hope this season goes horribly wrong for the Vikings. It's not bad enough being the laughing stock of the NFL so you want to see another team (in our division) who's never won a SB win one before us? I honestly can't believe how you can root for this guy after seeing him abuse us for the past 20 years. Now you want to see him win a superbowl :idea: . How about rooting for our QB.

Wow..I totally forgot the the Vikings lost all 4 SB appearances.

August 20th, 2010, 1:39 pm

Doesn't look like Favre is gonna have as many options on offense as he did last season. Harvin and his migraines and wasn't there something going on with Rice too?

NEVER GIVE UP!

August 20th, 2010, 2:21 pm
Reply to topic   [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next