View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently December 19th, 2014, 7:50 am

Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Report: Favre tells Vikings he's not returning 
National Champion

Post Re: Report: Favre tells Vikings he's not returning
TheRealWags wrote:
and have it be against the Packers, now THAT would be awesome!!! :lol:

Heck, how about against us. We play them in the last game of the season @ Ford Feild. That'd be sweet to be the spoilers...

August 20th, 2010, 2:44 pm
RIP Killer

Killwill25 wrote:
steensn wrote:
I'd love to see him go out with a SB win... would be nice to have the NFC North look a little more dominant.

How can you root for one of our most hated rivals? Are'nt you tired of Favre's nuts on your chin? The Vikings winning the SB benefits no one but MN. I'm with everyone else in saying that I hope this season goes horribly wrong for the Vikings. It's not bad enough being the laughing stock of the NFL so you want to see another team (in our division) who's never won a SB win one before us? I honestly can't believe how you can root for this guy after seeing him abuse us for the past 20 years. Now you want to see him win a superbowl :idea: . How about rooting for our QB.

1) I'm realistic... if we had a chance towin a SB this year, id be singing a different tune... but come on.

2) I'm a fan of the conference second. Id rather we look like we were in a tough division rather than the bottom of a bad division. I'm tired of the nfc north not being in the mix.

3) I'm the kinda guy being a huge osu fan would root for um in the nat champ game if they made it.

So if things were different, id day id love to beat them out to win the nfc north and go on to a sb win.... but let's be honest here... not gonna happen.

August 20th, 2010, 4:02 pm
RIP Killer

Ill add, I have respect for a guy that has given so much for the game. Anyone who is put off by what the media has done with the story is foolish to by into media bs. Farve has reasons and has a right to do his offseason the way he thinks will be best for him.

August 20th, 2010, 4:05 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

I can respect your UM/OSU comment being a UM fan myself.

But the media didnt do anything. Farve retired and un-retired 5 times. He is the 1 who dangles carrots in front of the media whenever he isnt story #1. Its not all on him, but to say that the media turned him into the biggest sports primadonna in history would be silly. He encourages it and obviously relishes the attention more than a 14 year old chubby girl would.

August 20th, 2010, 7:47 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Modmin Dude

Hystrix wrote:
TheRealWags wrote:

Heck, how about against us. We play them in the last game of the season @ Ford Feild. That'd be sweet to be the spoilers...

Yeah, that would be sweet, but I thought we were talking about the playoffs? And i just don't see us making it that far this year (hell, I'll be happy with .500 :wink: )

August 21st, 2010, 1:21 am
RIP Killer

DJ-B wrote:
I can respect your UM/OSU comment being a UM fan myself.

But the media didnt do anything. Farve retired and un-retired 5 times. He is the 1 who dangles carrots in front of the media whenever he isnt story #1. Its not all on him, but to say that the media turned him into the biggest sports primadonna in history would be silly. He encourages it and obviously relishes the attention more than a 14 year old chubby girl would.

So? I have no idea why anything he has done is an issue. Did he bait the media, sure. Was his desicion making overblown, yes. Who cares if he purposefully pushed himself into the limelight for fun, I fail to see the issue.

August 21st, 2010, 12:16 pm
QB Coach

I'm a big U of M fan, I don't agree with the change that the AD did to Michigan football, but I'm still a fan of the sport, and my team, and hope for them to do well.

Back in 2004 when OSU was playing the National Championship, I was rooting for them. In fact the only time I don't root for them is against Michigan or MSU.

I agree with Steesn, I'm a conference fan, but I have my faves within the conference.

In regards to professional football, I am a fan of NFC North, but I detest GB and Chicago.

2 Chronicles 10:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

August 21st, 2010, 1:16 pm
Hall of Fame Player

Is anyone truly surprised by anything Favre does? It is a known issue that the man is a megalamaniac.

August 21st, 2010, 2:45 pm
1st Round Pick

Location: Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 763.18 miles from Ford Field
I can actually see Favre not making it the whole season.

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

August 25th, 2010, 10:03 pm
Profile WWW
Hall of Fame Player

Lions2SB2 wrote:
I can actually see Favre not making it the whole season.

Plus 1.

Like Week 1 against the Saints. Pop goes the weasel. Good by Season. Good By Career. See Ya Favre.

August 25th, 2010, 10:30 pm
National Champion

TheRealWags wrote:
Hystrix wrote:
TheRealWags wrote:

Yeah, that would be sweet, but I thought we were talking about the playoffs? And i just don't see us making it that far this year (hell, I'll be happy with .500 :wink: )

I was talking about the Lions being spoilers and knocking the Vikings off so that they do not get into the playoffs. We could do that regaurdless of our record...

August 26th, 2010, 1:03 pm
Reply to topic   [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5