View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 23rd, 2014, 12:39 am

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Plax could be out of jail soon 
RIP Killer

Post Plax could be out of jail soon
Quote:
Ex-Spartan Plaxico Burress could get out of prison in 2-3 weeks
Detroit News staff

Former Michigan State receiver Plaxico Burress, currently serving a two-year sentence for gun possession, could be released in as little as two to three weeks, a source told the New York Post on Wednesday.

The paper reported Burress, released by the New York Giants in April 2009, will likely get out early on a work-release program, although it was unclear whether that could include returning to the NFL. Burress has served almost a year of the sentence.

Burress, who turns 33 on Aug. 12, pleaded guilty to gun possession after accidentally shooting himself in a nightclub. He likely would face a suspension from the NFL if a team does sign him.

From The Detroit News: http://detnews.com/article/20100804/SPO ... z0vjm12TPs

August 5th, 2010, 9:19 am
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Post Re: Plax could be out of jail soon
He's got a few good years in him left. No reason for him not to be able to play IMO.

August 5th, 2010, 9:33 am
Modmin Dude

steensn wrote:
He's got a few good years in him left. No reason for him not to be able to play IMO.

All depends on if he can get a modified work release, considering that usually those on work release have to be in jail on weekends and aren't allowed to cross state lines.

August 5th, 2010, 10:06 am
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

Would this satisfy Goodell's court? Or will he hand down his own suspension.

August 5th, 2010, 10:30 am
RIP Killer

Goodell gave Vick like a couple game suspension right? I can't see much more than that.

August 5th, 2010, 10:34 am

steensn wrote:
Goodell gave Dawg Killa like a couple game suspension right? I can't see much more than that.

Forgot about that, maybe four games at the most. Vick is getting too much leeway these days in my opinion. Plax might end up being another Dungy project, he should open a PR firm to handle all these misfits.

August 5th, 2010, 10:44 am
RIP Killer

He's not trying to make money, he is trying to help. I know it is hard for people to understand... but Dungee is doing this out of the kindness of his heart.

August 5th, 2010, 10:54 am

steensn wrote:
He's not trying to make money, he is trying to help. I know it is hard for people to understand... but Dungee is doing this out of the kindness of his heart.

I know he is, I guess it was an ill fitted joke. I just get the feeling these guys are going to burn him one way or another.

August 5th, 2010, 11:01 am
RIP Killer

grgrundge wrote:
steensn wrote:

I know he is, I guess it was an ill fitted joke. I just get the feeling these guys are going to burn him one way or another.

Ok, a joke, that is fine. Some people are to can't trust and are snippy... guess you are not one of them.

August 5th, 2010, 11:05 am

steensn wrote:
grgrundge wrote:
steensn wrote:

Ok, a joke, that is fine. Some people are to can't trust and are snippy... guess you are not one of them.

LOL! I'm not snippy and I believe I'm a trustworthy person, maybe a bit cynical since I've been following the Lions for fifty years and I live in Michigan. :lol:

August 5th, 2010, 11:27 am
RIP Killer

grgrundge wrote:
following the Lions for fifty years and I live in Michigan. :lol:

And you haven't made it to a mental institute yet?

August 5th, 2010, 11:41 am
Modmin Dude

steensn wrote:
grgrundge wrote:
following the Lions for fifty years and I live in Michigan. :lol:

And you haven't made it to a mental institute yet?

He did, but they just prescribed this forum cuz don't you know misery LOVES company! LOL

August 5th, 2010, 11:54 am
RIP Killer

Plax is an assbag who I hope never makes it back to the NFL. He's applying for a work release only. He'll have to go through the process and it likely won't be anytime within the next month. Also, who would want him without having been through training camp OR having not played ball in 2 years.

This guy has cancer written all over him.

August 5th, 2010, 12:04 pm
Color Commentator - John Madden

I don't think he'll get more then a couple games, if anything, from Goddell. My guess is that his crime was no where near the severity of Michael Vick's.

My question is if he's even going to be getting any looks from teams to actually serve the suspension. He probably doesn't have his speed, but he is still going to be 6'5" when he gets out of jail and may catch on somewhere.

August 5th, 2010, 1:39 pm
Heisman Winner

I'm looking at Bears, what with Rod and Lovie both being Dungy guys, and with their lack of talent at WR. If he can get the early release, He'll at least have 2-3 teams trying to grab him for a low price tag.

August 5th, 2010, 5:57 pm
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next