View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 28th, 2014, 2:28 am

Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 18 Game Season, soon to be a reality 
Veteran General Manager

Post Re: 18 Game Season, soon to be a reality
steensn wrote:
I just see guys having shorter careers, more money, more money EARLY before they have proven anything...etc.

I don't buy that. Are you saying that NFL players are wimps compared to USFL players? And also, The Patriots and Colts and Steelers have been playing 18 games a year for most of the last decade. Do they have any higher percentage of career ending injuries than anyone else? NO !!!!!

Do they even have a higher percentage of normal injuries? I don't think so.

August 27th, 2010, 12:16 pm
1st Round Pick

Location: Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 763.18 miles from Ford Field
I think this is good for the NFL, and I am 100% with it. Bring on 18 games!

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

August 27th, 2010, 12:24 pm
Profile WWW
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

I'm in favor of this as well, but I understand the players' concerns.

August 27th, 2010, 12:43 pm
RIP Killer

I love the way the current schedule works, 6 divisional games and then play against 1 NFC and 1 AFC division. Everyone in the division plays the same schedule - perfection. Especially since they now end the season with a couple of division games.

I'm not totally opposed to an 18 game schedule, the more football the better - but I would like to see a very fair schedule like we have now.

August 27th, 2010, 2:24 pm
Profile WWW
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

This is just another bargaining chip in the labor negotiations. I highly doubt the proposal will be implemented in its current form.

August 27th, 2010, 3:51 pm
Div 1 - Starter

sweetd20 wrote:
The easy solution to this is something that neither side will ever agree to. Take less. The owners can easily reduce ticket prices for the preseason games and the players can get paid less. It's just ridiculous that they ask fans to pay full price for less than half of the normal product. If they are going to offer hamburgers they can't charge filet mignon prices and expect the fans to be happy. As far as 18 games go they are just going to water down the product by increasing rosters and forcing lesser talent to be on the field for more snaps.

I think you've got it right. Watching preseason football can be enjoyable since you get to see lesser known talent and guys playing their butts off to try and make the team. I just don't want to pay full price to see teams who aren't taking the final score seriously. This is where the owners are confused. It isn't that I don't want to watch preseason football, I just don't want to be hosed on the price.

August 29th, 2010, 7:53 am
National Champion

BillySims wrote:
steensn wrote:
I just see guys having shorter careers, more money, more money EARLY before they have proven anything...etc.

I don't buy that. Are you saying that NFL players are wimps compared to USFL players? And also, The Patriots and Colts and Steelers have been playing 18 games a year for most of the last decade. Do they have any higher percentage of career ending injuries than anyone else? NO !!!!!

Do they even have a higher percentage of normal injuries? I don't think so.

I fairly certain that teams that make the playoffs get bonuses, so yeah, they get extra cash.

August 29th, 2010, 3:13 pm
Reply to topic   [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2