View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 20th, 2014, 11:58 pm

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 And the NFL season begins... 
Post And the NFL season begins...
With a total snoozer...

I can stand those "kill the clock games." In the 3rd quarter I was hoping that Minny would score just so NO would start playing real football again, and stop killing the clock.

Minny's defense looked TOUGH though... Esp. against the run. I think they're going to give the Lions fits.

September 10th, 2010, 1:45 pm
Player of the Year - Defense

Post Re: And the NFL season begins...
They only ran 3 times in the first half. And ran for 75 yards (brees was sacked while scrambling for -6, so technically 81 yards) in the second half. If they ran earlier, they should have gotten 120+. Did you watch the Williams Wall pushed aside like it was nothing? Like i posted in another thread, neither defense impressed me. It was lack of execution by the offenses. I don't call bad passes or drops as a plus for a defense, but as a negative on the offense.

September 10th, 2010, 1:50 pm
QB Coach

But that opens up our passing game, because the CB Abdul or whatever his name was, was consistently getting beat. He wasn't watching for the ball, and couldn't jump. CJ has a chance to burn him pretty good, not to mention our other weapons. But their D scared me too!

2 Chronicles 10:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

September 10th, 2010, 3:03 pm
RIP Killer

I still think he D's just showed how strong they are. I know njroar feels they had sloppy offenses, which I can agree they were sloppy, but I still think beyond the little sloppiness was a really big time defensive game.

September 10th, 2010, 4:09 pm
njroar wrote:
They only ran 3 times in the first half. And ran for 75 yards (brees was sacked while scrambling for -6, so technically 81 yards) in the second half. If they ran earlier, they should have gotten 120+. Did you watch the Williams Wall pushed aside like it was nothing? Like i posted in another thread, neither defense impressed me. It was lack of execution by the offenses. I don't call bad passes or drops as a plus for a defense, but as a negative on the offense.

You must be a Saint's fan, because your post is totally biased. It only takes one team to kill the clock, the winning team. In the first 1/2 it was Minny, in the 2nd 1/2 it was the Saints. The Saints may have only ran the ball once in the first 1/2, but Minny was running 60%+ of their plays. Minny had one drive in the first 1/2 that lasted something like 9 minutes. Like I said, snoozer...

September 10th, 2010, 4:28 pm

I agree it was a snoozer, and yes Minny was running because they have no chemistry in the passing game. Berrian is the lone reciever who has been in camp the entire time. Harvin has missed time because of his condition and almost died in early august. Farve wasn't in camp long either. No chemisty equals having to rely on the run game because their pass game was poop.

My only point was that neither defense impressed me because the offenses didn't come close to looking at their best. I'm trying to figure out exactly what you saw that was so scary? What exactly made them look tough?

September 10th, 2010, 5:19 pm
RIP Killer

Their Defense... offense... not really. But I feel they'll get better.

September 10th, 2010, 7:55 pm

I know you said the defense... but what about it scared you? You did see how the Saint's guard's mauled the Wiliam's Wall right? If you're on Goal line defense, and you end up facing the uprights, you're being manhandled.

September 10th, 2010, 8:24 pm
RIP Killer

Sure, some battles were lost, but Brees was on the run all night. 14 points is the lowest score the Peyton-Brees combo has put up to date. I think that speaks for itself...

September 10th, 2010, 8:31 pm
Rookie Player of the Year

Just confirmed how much I hate games in domes. No matter how great the crowd is, everything just seems so sterilized.

Also, you can never predict ahead of time what is going to be a great game. That's the danger of all the hype they put on this game--when it doesn't live up to it, everybody's bummed out.

September 11th, 2010, 2:13 pm
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]