View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 16th, 2014, 3:34 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Randy Moss Feels Unloved... 
RIP Killer

Post Randy Moss Feels Unloved...
So with all this discussion with Moss, anyone think he'll be the guy to break Jerry Rice's records? Of any active player, Moss has by far the best chance and honestly I don't really see him slowing down all that much. If he can play nice in NE and stay with Brady, I can't see him getting less than 1000 yards a season. He started 2 years younger than Rice so he has two years of being more in his prime.

Moss to date: 14,466 yards
Rice to for same period: 16,377 yards

Caveat is that this year for Moss was the same year Rice was injured and was never the same again. Playing this season would put him back closer to Rice's numbers and the rest of Rice's career was "solid" at best.

Fun thoughts...

September 13th, 2010, 7:19 pm
RIP Killer

Post Re: Randy Moss Feels Unloved...
By coming out and saying he's not playing for NE next year, does he really think that's going to help him and the chemistry between his teammates this year?

Moss won't break Rice's records. He doesn't deserve too. He has talent, but not the drive, the class, or the dedication. He'll go somewhere (wherever there's money and a possibility of going all the way) and feel "unloved" there too. He'll be pissed and move around like TO and eventually be a 50/800 type of guy.

September 13th, 2010, 7:25 pm
conversion02 wrote:
By coming out and saying he's not playing for NE next year, does he really think that's going to help him and the chemistry between his teammates this year?

Moss won't break Rice's records. He doesn't deserve too. He has talent, but not the drive, the class, or the dedication. He'll go somewhere (wherever there's money and a possibility of going all the way) and feel "unloved" there too. He'll be pissed and move around like TO and eventually be a 50/800 type of guy.

IMO he's letting his emotions get the best of him. I think that NE will offer him a contract extension before the end of the year, but I don't know if he's going to like the terms. NE didn't have any problem with letting Deon Branch go, when Branch was their leading target and Branch was in his prime. IMO they're certainly not going to have a problem letting Moss go if he commands huge money, esp. with their new found talent at WR.

I think it is in Moss' best interest to stay in NE. If he does that he keeps the chemistry that he has with Brady, he keeps a Qb that can and will take advantage of his ability, and he keeps a team around him that commands attention EVERYWHERE that allows him to be himself. How quickly he is forgetting his dog days of Oakland...

September 13th, 2010, 11:50 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

The Pats stunk the year before Moss arrived. Hell, the Lions even almost beat them that year. I think he deserves more credit than he gets.

September 14th, 2010, 1:36 pm
Color Commentator - John Madden

He's legit and should get a lot of respect. However, the Pats have been known to do stupid things to very important players (See Logan Mankins). It's too bad; I hope he feels the love soon. I've got him in two fantasy leagues!

September 16th, 2010, 11:35 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]