View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 23rd, 2014, 3:57 pm

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Randy Moss Catch 
RIP Killer

Post Randy Moss Catch
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-cant-miss ... ed-TD-snag

Wow...

September 19th, 2010, 11:30 pm
Varsity Benchwarmer

Post Re: Randy Moss Catch
I could do that :P

September 20th, 2010, 12:21 am
This is what pisses me off about Calvin Johnson. He claims to be a great receiver and everyone labels him as such, but he never makes these types of amazing grabs. He's turning into a loudmouthed premadonna, and he isn't producing on the field. Yesterday he was thrown to 11 times and had 4 catches. There were at least 4 additional catchable balls that went his way and he failed to reel them in.

I realize that Randy Moss has drops too, but not 1/2 as many as CJ, and CJ fails to make up for it with amazing grabs like this. CJ would rather showboat in the endzone, flail around on the ground trying to make himself look good than secure the damn ball and make sure the play gets called correctly.

September 20th, 2010, 10:03 am
QB Coach

wjb21ndtown wrote:
This is what pisses me off about Calvin Johnson. He claims to be a great receiver and everyone labels him as such, but he never makes these types of amazing grabs. He's turning into a loudmouthed premadonna, and he isn't producing on the field. Yesterday he was thrown to 11 times and had 4 catches. There were at least 4 additional catchable balls that went his way and he failed to reel them in.

I realize that Randy Moss has drops too, but not 1/2 as many as CJ, and CJ fails to make up for it with amazing grabs like this. CJ would rather showboat in the endzone, flail around on the ground trying to make himself look good than secure the damn ball and make sure the play gets called correctly.

I generally agree that CJ hasn't been making many/any amazing catches in recent memory, I disagree with the statement that he showboats or flails around on the ground. When has he ever done that? I've never seen it.

http://www.11points.com/Books/11_Things ... _Do_Anyway

LET'S GO DUKE!

If you don't like gay marriage, don't get one.

September 21st, 2010, 12:50 am
RIP Killer

wjb is in love with Roy Williams and pictures him anytime someone catches the ball :lol: :shock: :lol:

September 21st, 2010, 8:20 am
1st Round Pick

Location: Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 763.18 miles from Ford Field
:shock:

I wish Calvin would make more of those catches.

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

September 21st, 2010, 2:18 pm
Profile WWW
Touchdown Jesus wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:

I generally agree that CJ hasn't been making many/any amazing catches in recent memory, I disagree with the statement that he showboats or flails around on the ground. When has he ever done that? I've never seen it.

I was referring to the catch that got called back. IMO he was showboating, holding the ball away from his body to show the refs and everyone else that he caught the ball. Some see it another way. I just look at that catch and see a grab that wasn't all that difficult, and personally feel that he made it look way tougher than it was. Someone like Randy Moss, Andre Johnson, Ocho, T.O., etc. (any possession WR that had a similar size advantage) would have made that grab, held the ball to their body, came down, and it wouldn't have been over-ruled. Others may disagree, but that's what I see.

He also responded to the play review in an immature manner, came out the following week and talked about a trumped up TD celebration (that we would have probably have seen if we were winning when he caught the TD), and IMO has a lack-luster, laid back approach to the game.

September 21st, 2010, 2:51 pm
conversion02 wrote:
wjb is in love with Roy Williams and pictures him anytime someone catches the ball :lol: :shock: :lol:

Ha... How quickly you forget that I wanted Roy ran out of town when people were saying that trading him was crazy...

September 21st, 2010, 2:51 pm
RIP Killer

No, I know. It's called sarcasm

September 21st, 2010, 2:54 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]