View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 23rd, 2014, 1:59 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Steelers, Chiefs, and Bears - oh my... 

Who will be the NFL's last unbeaten team?
Poll ended at October 19th, 2010, 3:25 pm
Chicago Bears 8%  8%  [ 1 ]
Kansas City Chiefs 31%  31%  [ 4 ]
Pittsburgh Steelers 62%  62%  [ 8 ]
Total votes : 13

Steelers, Chiefs, and Bears - oh my... 
RIP Killer

Post Steelers, Chiefs, and Bears - oh my...
who would have thunk it?

September 28th, 2010, 3:25 pm
Profile WWW
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Post Re: Steelers, Chiefs, and Bears - oh my...
Depends who they play. The Bears are a 10-6 team at best. The Chiefs have played teams witha combined 1-8 record,and will still end up 7-9 (but could sneak to 8-8 and a playoff spot since their division sucks).

The Steelers have a shot with that Lockdown D, and if they can get to having Ben back without losing, they could get to 8 or 9 wins before losing.

September 28th, 2010, 3:28 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
RIP Killer

I can see the Steelers losing to the Ravens this weekend and the Bears losing to the Giants in the Meadowlands so I went with the Chiefs who face the only foe easier than the Lions - the bye week.

After that it is the Colts, so tag a loss on them in week 5. If the Steelers win this week they will go for a few more with an upcoming bye and some easy games.

September 28th, 2010, 4:01 pm
Profile WWW
Modmin Dude

I said the Chiefs, because...

well, just because :wink:

September 28th, 2010, 4:05 pm
Veteran General Manager

Pablo wrote:
who would have thunk it?

I'm sure a thousand people will say they expected 1 or more of the 3 to be undefeated right now. But, if you had asked before the season started, I doubt any of the 3 would be picked.

September 28th, 2010, 7:31 pm
RIP Killer

The bears would be lucky to dream of 10-6. We all know about opening day... They've played an average Dallas team who started the season in shambles. They played a Packers team that committed the most penalties in history and had 3 or 4 turnovers recalled. The Packers outplayed them the entire game.

I will give the Bears credit - their OL has done a solid job, Cutler looks damn good, and their defense (we all knew their LBs were among the tops in the game, but their secondary looks awesome for being a bunch of average schmoes. It's not the playcalling, it's the execution...and the fact they've played the same defense, with a large number of the same players for years.

September 28th, 2010, 8:54 pm
Walk On

I voted Bears... not because they're better than the Steelers - but because the schedule could easily end up going their way. I don't see KC getting by both Indy and Houston... so they're probably looking at stopping at 3-0 or possibly 4-0, even though the rest of their schedule is very favorable (eg. they're probably going to win their division, and are almost certain to make the playoffs). I think Pitt has a better chance of getting beat in the next 4 weeks against Balt, Miami and NO than the Bears do against their near-term opponents, looking at their also-favorable schedule:

October
Sun. 3 @ Giants 7:20 PM Bears can easily win ... this is the entire key - and the Gints are currently reeling...
Sun. 10 @ Panthers 12:00 PM Bears should win
Sun. 17 SEAHAWKS 12:00 PM Bears should win at home
Sun. 24 REDSKINS 12:00 PM Bears should win at home
November
Sun. 7 @ Bills (Toronto) 12:00 PM Bears should win

So... the Bears get by the Gints on Sunday (a distinct possiblity) ... and they could end up 8-0 and cruising undefeated all the way to 11/14 or even later. Then the Vikings are more beatable than I ever thought they'd be (I picked the Lions to take them on Sunday). The Dolphins are an enigma ... that would be my choice for a sure Bear loss... but it would be an interesting potential pay-back matchup for the Bears, after the Fins put the first L on both the '85 and '06 Bears. If the Fins couldn't do it, the Eagles are a likely spoiler... but it is a 10-day break & at home for the Bears on that Sun after Turkey Day. But I believe if the Bears get by the Gints that they're not going to lose until one of these 3:

Sun. 14 VIKINGS 12:00 PM Bears can win at home
Thu. 18 @ Dolphins 7:20 PM Bears might win - but unlikely away on a short week
Sun. 28 EAGLES 12:00 PM Bears might win at home

If things go their way in those previous 3, the Bears have shot at being 11-0 going into December. This is highly unlikely - but LOOK at the schedule.

Dec
Sun. 5 @ Lions 12:00 PM Bears should win - OK, you all are going to want to hear "might win"...
Sun. 12 PATRIOTS 12:00 PM Bears should lose
Mon. 20 @ Vikings 7:30 PM Bears should lose ... might depend on if the Vikes are contending.
Sun. 26 JETS 12:00 PM Bears might win... can Sanchez beat them throwing in the cold?
Jan
Sun. 2 @ Packers 12:00 PM Bears should lose. But the Pack might be "resting"....hmnn....

What looked like a super-tough schedule at the beginning of the year is looking far-friendlier at this point. There are only a couple of what currently look like "Should-Lose" games on the schedule. I was originally guessing the'd be 10-6 this year... but now I'm thinking 11-5 or better, if they stay healthy (of course) ... with at 3 of those losses probably not coming until Dec/Jan.

October 1st, 2010, 2:29 pm
The Bears are done this weekend. I'm voting for Pitt (although they could be done this weekend too!).

October 1st, 2010, 4:26 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]