View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 24th, 2014, 6:50 am

Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Cutler sacked 9 times, has a concussion. 
Post Re: Cutler sacked 9 times, has a concussion.
thelomasbrowns wrote:
What happens if the independent doctor who has to check out people believed to have a concussion decides the team is 'faking' it?

I don't know that any doc would accuse someone of "faking" a concussion. Docs are overly cautious when diagnosing concussions. Virtually ANY blow to the head can be labeled a concussion based on the players comments about the hit. In short, I think it is a very safe/easy injury to "fake."

October 6th, 2010, 3:56 pm
Modmin Dude

LMAO
It's like Deja Vu all over again
PFT wrote:
Mike Tice would like the Bears to run more
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on October 7, 2010 12:32 PM ET
It's no surprise that the Bears are giving up a ton of sacks and they aren't running the ball much. It's what you sign up for with Mike Martz as offensive coordinator.

Offensive line coach Mike Tice seems to want more balance, though.

''I've said this many, many times: Big guys aren't big when they're going backwards,'' Tice told Sean Jensen of the Chicago Sun-Times. ''They're big when they're going forward.''

Tice, a former head coach, got a reputation as an assistant in Jacksonville for sometimes offering a little too much input into the offense. We've heard whispers that there could already be friction between Tice and Martz, especially with Jay Cutler almost getting maimed last Sunday night.

''What we thought we should go with," coach Lovie Smith said of the team's loss against the Giants. ''It didn't work. This week, hopefully, we'll have better results.''

The Bears are 30th in rushing attempts per game, and 28th in yards-per-carry. If Tice has anything to say about it, Chicago will try to run more this week against Carolina.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... -run-more/

October 7th, 2010, 1:03 pm
RIP Killer

Cutler's out... maybe not faked...

http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/n ... id=5658555

Todd Collins to start.

October 7th, 2010, 1:11 pm
I want to know what was up with him going into that game. He came out slow, refused to make decisions and get rid of the ball, refused to let go of the ball, and just down right awful... Cutler has had his problems in the past, but I've never seen him be that indecisive. He looked like he flat out didn't want to be out there... like someone having a bad day at work that was just "ho-hum" about his day... I don't see how you can be that way in front of 50-60,000 people when you're getting ready to play a football game, but that's how he seemed to me... That's what led me to believe that his injury wasn't real... He STARTED the game playing like crap, before he ever got sacked... I wonder what is going on with him...

October 7th, 2010, 1:57 pm
RIP Killer

Good points... but everyone has that... sometimes things just don't jive.

October 7th, 2010, 2:00 pm
RIP Killer

Last season during training camp and the regular season the Chicago Fox news around here had "Jay Cutler watch" and would do a log book type thing including pics on what bars fans had seen Cutler at during the week. Apparently, he's quite the partier - ala Matt Leinart.

October 7th, 2010, 2:02 pm
conversion02 wrote:
Last season during training camp and the regular season the Chicago Fox news around here had "Jay Cutler watch" and would do a log book type thing including pics on what bars fans had seen Cutler at during the week. Apparently, he's quite the partier - ala Matt Leinart.

Good point Conversion... Maybe he was hungover...

October 7th, 2010, 2:13 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

wjb21ndtown wrote:
I want to know what was up with him going into that game. He came out slow, refused to make decisions and get rid of the ball, refused to let go of the ball, and just down right awful... Cutler has had his problems in the past, but I've never seen him be that indecisive. He looked like he flat out didn't want to be out there... like someone having a bad day at work that was just "ho-hum" about his day... I don't see how you can be that way in front of 50-60,000 people when you're getting ready to play a football game, but that's how he seemed to me... That's what led me to believe that his injury wasn't real... He STARTED the game playing like crap, before he ever got sacked... I wonder what is going on with him...

My impression of it is that in the first couple games, maybe because he was taking heat from everybody after their bad pre-season, Martz gameplanned to play more conservative and protect Cutler/compensate for their terrible O-line. When they started 3-0, I think he was like 'thank god that's over' and went back to his seven-step drop nonsense.

October 7th, 2010, 2:32 pm
Walk On

Did you guys watch the game?

The Oline was responsible for about 4 of those sacks (which isn't good, but when you have 3 new Olinemen in there against the Giants... maybe not quite as awful as it sounds). They were playing Omiyale (replacing Williams at LT), Garza at LG (who played hurt and spelled by a fresh-off-the-practice squad guy Edwin Williams), Krootz, first year starter Louis at RG, and Rookie Webb at RT.

The tight ends & running backs were almost always there in max protect, and simply whiffed on I think 3 more of those sacks. Brutal blocking by the TEs and Forte. Brutal.

Then Cutler.... he looked out of sorts almost the entire game. I'm wondering if he didn't get his bell rung early, or was out of sorts from something else (his diabetes? he drinks - but can't drink too much because of the diabetes). Whatever it was, Cutler himself was responsible for 4 of the sacks. He just wouldn't get rid of the ball, like he was confused. Martz actually DID adjust (Collingsworth mentioned it), and had Cutler taking shorter drops. He had WRs within his vision, but still pulled the ball down to get sacked. It was bizarre.

But to blame it on Martz? I don't know - Maybe some ... but it was just a giant clusterf*ck all around.

The Bears have a friendly schedule, and Tice will settle in on an Oline and get them working together when Chris Williams gets back. I personally think they should consider putting Chris Williams at LG when he returns and go with a lineup of Omiyale, CW, Krootz, Louis and Webb the rest of the season. My guess is they'll gel under Tice by the second half of the season.

October 7th, 2010, 8:21 pm

I.E. wrote:
Did you guys watch the game?

The Oline was responsible for about 4 of those sacks (which isn't good, but when you have 3 new Olinemen in there against the Giants... maybe not quite as awful as it sounds). They were playing Omiyale (replacing Williams at LT), Garza at LG (who played hurt and spelled by a fresh-off-the-practice squad guy Edwin Williams), Krootz, first year starter Louis at RG, and Rookie Webb at RT.

The tight ends & running backs were almost always there in max protect, and simply whiffed on I think 3 more of those sacks. Brutal blocking by the TEs and Forte. Brutal.

Then Cutler.... he looked out of sorts almost the entire game. I'm wondering if he didn't get his bell rung early, or was out of sorts from something else (his diabetes? he drinks - but can't drink too much because of the diabetes). Whatever it was, Cutler himself was responsible for 4 of the sacks. He just wouldn't get rid of the ball, like he was confused. Martz actually DID adjust (Collingsworth mentioned it), and had Cutler taking shorter drops. He had WRs within his vision, but still pulled the ball down to get sacked. It was bizarre.

But to blame it on Martz? I don't know - Maybe some ... but it was just a giant clusterf*ck all around.

The Bears have a friendly schedule, and Tice will settle in on an Oline and get them working together when Chris Williams gets back. I personally think they should consider putting Chris Williams at LG when he returns and go with a lineup of Omiyale, CW, Krootz, Louis and Webb the rest of the season. My guess is they'll gel under Tice by the second half of the season.

Hate to say it IE, but you sound a lot like some Lions fans did back when Martz was here. A good O-line coach is not enough to make up for a fundamental lack of talent and/or guys playing out of position.

October 7th, 2010, 9:18 pm
RIP Killer

Lance Lewis was playing RG.

October 8th, 2010, 7:59 am
thelomasbrowns wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:

My impression of it is that in the first couple games, maybe because he was taking heat from everybody after their bad pre-season, Martz gameplanned to play more conservative and protect Cutler/compensate for their terrible O-line. When they started 3-0, I think he was like 'thank god that's over' and went back to his seven-step drop nonsense.

That doesn't explain why Cutler went out there and refused to throw the ball though. He just held onto it and took hit after hit, even AFTER three step drops were called. You could see him take three steps back, bounce up and down, wait, look, and BAM. The announcers started getting on him for not getting rid of it. It got ridiculous, but I'm not sure why. I don't know why anyone would stand there and just refuse to throw it... even if they're covered.. get rid of the damn thing...

October 8th, 2010, 10:22 am
Walk On

wjb21ndtown wrote:
thelomasbrowns wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:

That doesn't explain why Cutler went out there and refused to throw the ball though. He just held onto it and took hit after hit, even AFTER three step drops were called. You could see him take three steps back, bounce up and down, wait, look, and BAM. The announcers started getting on him for not getting rid of it. It got ridiculous, but I'm not sure why. I don't know why anyone would stand there and just refuse to throw it... even if they're covered.. get rid of the damn thing...

Yeah... agreed. Martz DID adjust and Cutler didn't respond at all.

I was like, WFT? Dude- just throw it. Something was wrong with him... dazed & confused ... either a concussion earlier than anyone will admit, or his diabetes doing someting weird. Or a hangover - it is possible. But you can still think clearly with a hangover... so I'm guessing one of the other two.

I've never seen anything like that. I've seen players get up wobbly after a big hit... but I've never seen a player stay in the game that looked so out of it. Well... except for Rex Grossman... lol

October 8th, 2010, 12:06 pm
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

I lost a fantasy football matchup because of that crap. How the hell does a team defense score 33 points on the Yahoo settings? Simply ridiculous.

October 9th, 2010, 9:32 am

Man, the Bears sure are lucky they have a good defense. Their offense is even worse than those Lions offenses when Martz was here--at least they could move the ball. I think Martz could be fired mid-season again.

October 24th, 2010, 2:00 pm
Reply to topic   [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next