View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 22nd, 2014, 10:39 am

Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Randy Moss traded to Vikes 
Varsity Captain

Post Re: Randy Moss traded to Vikes
I heard one of the initial hang ups was Moss and signing a long term contract, but I dont see anything about this pick being conditional, or even if some like that (Moss signing long term gives the Pats a higher pick) is allowed. I still think that it is a steal and cant believe that he he went for so little. I mean if Moss allows Minny to push for the playoffs/super bowl you would think that the Pats would try and push for more.

October 6th, 2010, 12:40 pm
Modmin Dude

wjb21ndtown wrote:
All that is understandable Wags, Minny wasn't the only "desperate" party in the negotiations, but to insinuate that NE didn't "haggle" with Minny over a multi-million dollar decision is ridiculous.

I don't think I insinuated anything. Moss is damaged goods, pure and simple. He was a distraction the 1st time in Minn; he was a distraction in Oak. Only Belichick was able to reign him in and only for a couple years. He has been a distraction again this year since his press conference after the 1st game. IMO they were lucky to get a 3rd for an aging (albeit probable HOFer) distraction. Also, I don't think he's going to help Minn as much as their hoping.

October 6th, 2010, 12:54 pm
TheRealWags wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
All that is understandable Wags, Minny wasn't the only "desperate" party in the negotiations, but to insinuate that NE didn't "haggle" with Minny over a multi-million dollar decision is ridiculous.

I don't think I insinuated anything. Moss is damaged goods, pure and simple. He was a distraction the 1st time in Minn; he was a distraction in Oak. Only Belichick was able to reign him in and only for a couple years. He has been a distraction again this year since his press conference after the 1st game. IMO they were lucky to get a 3rd for an aging (albeit probable HOFer) distraction. Also, I don't think he's going to help Minn as much as their hoping.

Conversion was the one that insinuated that Minny didn't haggle, not you. Sorry if you misunderstood.

I agree with you about helping Minny. I think he could have put them over the top last year, but Favre is looking like an OLD MAN this year, BIG TIME. I really don't think that Moss is enough to bail out Favre, but maybe Brett gets in better shape after the bye???

October 6th, 2010, 2:11 pm
Modmin Dude

wjb21ndtown wrote:
Conversion was the one that insinuated that Minny didn't haggle, not you. Sorry if you misunderstood.

Ok, gotcha.
:wink: Sorry for the misunderstanding

October 6th, 2010, 2:12 pm
RIP Killer

TheRealWags wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:

Ok, gotcha.
:wink: Sorry for the misunderstanding

Yeah, don't make me boot you!

October 6th, 2010, 2:17 pm
Rookie Player of the Year

Kevin Seifert wrote:
I've long referred to Moss as a pathological contrarian, someone who seemingly forms his opinions largely in opposition of those around him.

Who does that remind you of?

October 6th, 2010, 5:16 pm
RIP Killer

thelomasbrowns wrote:
Kevin Seifert wrote:
I've long referred to Moss as a pathological contrarian, someone who seemingly forms his opinions largely in opposition of those around him.

Who does that remind you of?

Sly? ;)

October 6th, 2010, 5:19 pm
RIP Killer

Whatever you think of Moss... he's right when he says he is underused this year by NE. He is one of the most talented WR's in NFL history, he is right to say something when he gets one pass in a game thrown his way. No way you should EVER gameplan him out of the equation. I said the same thing about CJ... you are wasting your time if you don't force balls his way.

Take it for what it is worth... but Moss is right when he complains about stuff.

October 6th, 2010, 8:00 pm
RIP Killer

steensn wrote:
Whatever you think of Moss... he's right when he says he is underused this year by NE. He is one of the most talented WR's in NFL history, he is right to say something when he gets one pass in a game thrown his way. No way you should EVER gameplan him out of the equation. I said the same thing about CJ... you are wasting your time if you don't force balls his way.

Take it for what it is worth... but Moss is right when he complains about stuff.

Moss' first complaints were about a lack of a contract extension, not what was happening on the field. I think his complaining and down-in-the-mouth attitude became a self-fulfilling prophecy; complain and don't put out effort, we'll throw someone else the ball, you don't become as important, you become expendable, you get your wish to be traded.

October 6th, 2010, 9:56 pm
RIP Killer

He publicly complained about contract stuff, he privately complained about getting the ball. He is not going around town like TO making a scene, things just rarely stay private in the NFL. We get whiffs of what other people hear.

October 6th, 2010, 11:04 pm
Player of the Year - Defense

The problem Randy now faces is he won't have many opportunities if people keep coming after Farve like they have so far this season. Everything has been quick tosses and Moss is going to get tired of having to do those quick slants to touch the ball. If the line can give Brett time, he might be a weapon, but so far he hasn't had much at all.

October 6th, 2010, 11:06 pm
Rookie Player of the Year

njroar wrote:
The problem Randy now faces is he won't have many opportunities if people keep coming after Farve like they have so far this season. Everything has been quick tosses and Moss is going to get tired of having to do those quick slants to touch the ball. If the line can give Brett time, he might be a weapon, but so far he hasn't had much at all.

With Rice injured, Favre had no credible deep threat. Even that grizzled old bastard needs 'weapons'.

October 7th, 2010, 2:44 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

TheRealWags wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:

+1

October 7th, 2010, 6:42 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
DJ-B wrote:
TheRealWags wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:

+1

+1 too!...

I don't disagree with any of that... In fact, I echoed those sentiments elsewhere...

October 8th, 2010, 10:20 am
RIP Killer

I think the exact opposite... I think Moss wasn't that much of a distraction, just vocal, and he is going to help Minn blow up on offense.

October 8th, 2010, 10:46 am
Reply to topic   [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next