View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 25th, 2014, 11:22 am

Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Helmet to Helmet Hits 
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Post Re: Helmet to Helmet Hits
Or they could follow TMQs suggestion , which includes using the Helmets with Concussion reducing padding inside that also add Padding to the outside of the helmet, while decreasing the rigidity of the helmet.

Same concept, its similar to the old style, but with all the safety advancements science can give us to protect the players.

If they went back to the Old helmet youd have players suffering major head trauma injuries before the entire NFL adapted from the playstyle they have been encouraging since they went to hard helmets. Especially considering how much buigger faster and stronger the average player is now than they were then.

But yeah, make it less of a weapon, I agree with. The only argument ... ONLY ONE.. agaisnt the Padding on the outside of the helmet also is it "Doesnt look cool".

November 16th, 2010, 5:11 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
RIP Killer

Good post, going back to the different hats will only bring the onset of bigger head injuries. Bad idea... I like the idea of padding on the outside, this would reduce the impact made to another player, not too shabby. But yeah, it would NOT look as cool. Maybe they could make them in the form of foam spikes or something!

November 16th, 2010, 5:30 pm
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

steensn wrote:
Good post, going back to the different hats will only bring the onset of bigger head injuries. Bad idea... I like the idea of padding on the outside, this would reduce the impact made to another player, not too shabby. But yeah, it would NOT look as cool. Maybe they could make them in the form of foam spikes or something!

HA! Players commin out of the tunnel lookin like old school "Legion Of Doom" guys! That would be awsome!

November 17th, 2010, 12:24 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Was anybody watching tonight's game (Eagles vs. Giants) when Hobbs went down after a helmet to helmet hit? Pretty scary--like when Follett went down. Thing is--NBC took the 'opportunity' to go to three separate commercial breaks. Shows you what their priorities are.

November 21st, 2010, 11:37 pm
Reply to topic   [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2