View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently August 21st, 2014, 8:09 pm



Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Now we can find out about Troy... 
Author Message
Post Re: Now we can find out about Troy...
steensn wrote:
Smith hasn't played at all for the 49ers in a game, how can anyone say he is awful. It's laughable.


He hasn't played anywhere else either, and that's because other teams think he's awful too! The Ravens drafted him to play WR, and only switched his position due to a dire need. The guy is NOT an NFL Qb.

T Smith for you is going to be like Mike McMahon, and Drew Stanton for delusional Lions fans. You won't admit that he's terrible until he's ready to retire or he's out of the NFL.


October 27th, 2010, 1:52 pm
Post Re: Now we can find out about Troy...
TheRealWags wrote:
Sounds like someone (or a couple someones) has PMS around here :paranoid: :confused: :shock: :lol:


Well M2 and I are off the rag... You can't have everyone at peace all the time! What fun would that be???


October 27th, 2010, 1:54 pm
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: June 26th, 2006, 1:03 pm
Posts: 13429
Post Re: Now we can find out about Troy...
And I forgot my tampon!!!

_________________
regularjoe12 - "You are crackin me up! really! HILARIOUS um let me quote some intellgent people in this coneversation: Steensn:"


October 27th, 2010, 1:59 pm
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: January 26th, 2005, 9:34 pm
Posts: 10288
Location: Sycamore, IL
Post Re: Now we can find out about Troy...
steensn wrote:
Really convo? Tip, if you don't mean to imply I did then don't point it out... facts are that neither of us have proof he is good or bad. You say he doesn't have the potential and I say he does. He sat behind Boller during his ROOKIE season before he took over. Ravens drafted Flacco the next draft and he got sick just before the season started and Flacco went on to show he is a really good QB, doing even better last year, and looking solid again this year. he sat just like ANY rookie, just like Stafford sat being Fumblepepper, Palmer sat being Kitna, etc. I am not sure why his situation was any more special than the others to show he is not worthy of being in the NFL. Nothing has shown he can't and he has plenty of time to show he can. Even getting a chance this week.


If they expected much from him, they wouldn't have traded up to get Flacco. He obviously wasn't in their plans to be the starter. They much have pictured him as a backup and he was then traded to a team who thought he was so good they made him the #3. When they found out their #2 was complete trash, they are giving him a shot...on a 1-6 team.

He sat behind a terrible QB for pretty much the entire season when the team was entirely out of it. You did mention Palmer and Kitna - but failed to mention that Kitna tore it up that year and was Comeback Player of the Year. When did Stafford sit behind Culpepper? If I remember correctly, Stafford was opening day starter, with Pepper on the bench. Where do you get your facts from?

Also, it's just fun getting you spun up.

_________________
_____
I have no faith this team will win a game the rest of the year. The kitties finish at 7-9 and Miss the playoffs as GB wins out and takes it from the kitties.
Image


October 27th, 2010, 1:59 pm
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: June 26th, 2006, 1:03 pm
Posts: 13429
Post Re: Now we can find out about Troy...
wjb21ndtown wrote:
steensn wrote:
Smith hasn't played at all for the 49ers in a game, how can anyone say he is awful. It's laughable.


He hasn't played anywhere else either, and that's because other teams think he's awful too! The Ravens drafted him to play WR, and only switched his position due to a dire need. The guy is NOT an NFL Qb.

T Smith for you is going to be like Mike McMahon, and Drew Stanton for delusional Lions fans. You won't admit that he's terrible until he's ready to retire or he's out of the NFL.


No, I give him 1-2 years to prove something. I'm not willing to call a QB terrible until their 6th year. It's proven through the years that this is the case. Don't give me this BS that it is because they think he is terrible, he's been on the same team till this year. That is an asinine statement, totally ignorant. They didn't even draft him for WR, they drafted him for QB. They immediately dropped their 3rd string QB when they could and made him the 3rd string QB. Then when McNair got hurt they moved him to 2nd string QB behind Boller. Did they use his talents a few times at WR, sure, just like any dual threat QB.

Look, all I'm saying is there is no indication he sucks and no indication he is good... I'm just saying we finally get to see. He's in his 4th year, so here is his chance to prove himself.

_________________
regularjoe12 - "You are crackin me up! really! HILARIOUS um let me quote some intellgent people in this coneversation: Steensn:"


October 27th, 2010, 2:06 pm
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: June 26th, 2006, 1:03 pm
Posts: 13429
Post Re: Now we can find out about Troy...
conversion02 wrote:
steensn wrote:
Really convo? Tip, if you don't mean to imply I did then don't point it out... facts are that neither of us have proof he is good or bad. You say he doesn't have the potential and I say he does. He sat behind Boller during his ROOKIE season before he took over. Ravens drafted Flacco the next draft and he got sick just before the season started and Flacco went on to show he is a really good QB, doing even better last year, and looking solid again this year. he sat just like ANY rookie, just like Stafford sat being Fumblepepper, Palmer sat being Kitna, etc. I am not sure why his situation was any more special than the others to show he is not worthy of being in the NFL. Nothing has shown he can't and he has plenty of time to show he can. Even getting a chance this week.


If they expected much from him, they wouldn't have traded up to get Flacco. He obviously wasn't in their plans to be the starter. They much have pictured him as a backup and he was then traded to a team who thought he was so good they made him the #3. When they found out their #2 was complete trash, they are giving him a shot...on a 1-6 team.

He sat behind a terrible QB for pretty much the entire season when the team was entirely out of it. You did mention Palmer and Kitna - but failed to mention that Kitna tore it up that year and was Comeback Player of the Year. When did Stafford sit behind Culpepper? If I remember correctly, Stafford was opening day starter, with Pepper on the bench. Where do you get your facts from?

Also, it's just fun getting you spun up.


I'm not really that spun up, I'm just surprised by the ignorance... He may not have been in their long term plans, but that means crap when saying whether he can start or not on a team. I never said he'd be top 10 QB, I said he could play. Flacco CAN be top 10 QB and the Ravens got him at a good price. Ravens WERE at #8 and traded BACK then UP to get him.

But I'm doing what you did, picking at useless details trying to draw conclusions from meaningless data. Troy was NOT highly though of coming out of college as a QB, the Ravens wanted a TOP QB talent just like everyone else. Troy is NOT a top QB talent, he IMO can be a decent starter on a good team. I'm sorry, I don't take the extreme position you want me to.

_________________
regularjoe12 - "You are crackin me up! really! HILARIOUS um let me quote some intellgent people in this coneversation: Steensn:"


October 27th, 2010, 2:13 pm
Profile
Post Re: Now we can find out about Troy...
Apparently JC, abortion, and Troy Smith are his hot-button issues...


October 27th, 2010, 2:14 pm
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: January 26th, 2005, 9:34 pm
Posts: 10288
Location: Sycamore, IL
Post Re: Now we can find out about Troy...
I guess since Stanton has really never gotten a shot, he can be a starter too!!! I guess not believing that is ignorant, according to you.

You said he can play, not be a top 10 QB. Then you said he can be a decent starter on a good team. Hmmm, which is it? Playing does not equal "decent starter on a good team".

Well, then don't make comparisons from Boller/Smith to Kitna/Palmer and some magical Stafford/Culpepper example that never existed. My point was, he couldn't beat out a terrible QB on a team with lost playoff hopes - then, the next season, the team drafted their "quarterback of the future" (according to their GM).

_________________
_____
I have no faith this team will win a game the rest of the year. The kitties finish at 7-9 and Miss the playoffs as GB wins out and takes it from the kitties.
Image


October 27th, 2010, 2:28 pm
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: June 26th, 2006, 1:03 pm
Posts: 13429
Post Re: Now we can find out about Troy...
No, Stanton started games in his 3rd year and played most of one just two weeks ago. Troy had no chance to take over for Flacco because he is a better QB, great Qb in this league. Troy has not started a game since his rookie year, DIFFERENT situation. In those two starts he threw for 4 interceptions and no TD's. Had Troy started two games I would say we could tell something about him but he didn't.

_________________
regularjoe12 - "You are crackin me up! really! HILARIOUS um let me quote some intellgent people in this coneversation: Steensn:"


October 27th, 2010, 2:53 pm
Profile
Player of the Year - Defense

Joined: September 13th, 2007, 12:43 pm
Posts: 2631
Post Re: Now we can find out about Troy...
"...but if only he had a chance"

The weakest argument ever.

If he was worth anything, he would've been given a chance. This is the NFL.


October 28th, 2010, 3:33 am
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: June 26th, 2006, 1:03 pm
Posts: 13429
Post Re: Now we can find out about Troy...
BS, you cannot say that in 3 years if you are good you will get your shot. That is ignoring the situation of the team. You're telling me that you start a potentially middle of the road NFL QB over a potentially great QB? Really? That is not how the NFL works, sorry. If you get drafted late but have potentially 2-3 round talent you're going to sit until an opportunity arises. Sorry, but that is crap...

He may suck like no other on Sunday, that will tell us what he can do in a short notice situation. All I am saying is we finally get to really find out... all this BS about already knowing is stupid.

_________________
regularjoe12 - "You are crackin me up! really! HILARIOUS um let me quote some intellgent people in this coneversation: Steensn:"


October 28th, 2010, 10:14 am
Profile
Red Shirt Freshman

Joined: January 24th, 2006, 8:29 pm
Posts: 482
Location: Howell, MI
Post Smith
wjb21ndtown wrote:
steensn wrote:
I put quotes because I don't think a return man is a first rounder., we had the conversation above. I's rather have a Spellman with 30 sacks in his first 5 years than a great return man. I'd rather have Dudley with 350, 555, 549, 787, 386 yard receiving seasons and 33 TD' as a TE than a great return man. Heck, we even had him on our team, what good did that do us.


Wait a minute. A return man isn't a first rounder, but Ted Ginn needs some sort of pass for not producing "yet"? Obviously if you're a good enough returner you ARE a first round pick, as evidence by Ted Ginn AND Desmond Howard's draft selection.


I'll add... I know this is probably limited to first rounders (I wasn't paying attention when this pissing contest started), but what about players out of OSU that Steen was so sure of like Troy Smith. You and I argued for years that Troy Smith would NEVER be an NFL Qb - looks like I was right on that one...


Actually looks like your wrong on this one WJB, Troy just jumped David Carr for the starting position to replace Alex in SF this Sunday.

_________________
Image


October 28th, 2010, 11:13 am
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: January 26th, 2005, 9:34 pm
Posts: 10288
Location: Sycamore, IL
Post Re: Detroit Lions work out linebacker Bobby Carpenter
Drew Stanton started too - does that make him a starter in this league? Alex Smith will start when he comes back. He was doing fairly well this year, considering Smith is relying on Gore of 6 catches or so every game. If Gore isn't working, their offense isn't working. It'll be the same for Troy. Crabtree has dropped at least 2 TDs this season that I've seen and Davis has dropped 1. That's just in the games I've watched. Smith's QB rating would look a lot better with 3 more TDs, now wouldn't it?

Say what you will, but Smith was getting me more fantasy points than many other QBs. Also, David Carr is an absolute disaster with a Jeff Garcia arm. He's a noodle.

_________________
_____
I have no faith this team will win a game the rest of the year. The kitties finish at 7-9 and Miss the playoffs as GB wins out and takes it from the kitties.
Image


October 28th, 2010, 12:08 pm
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: June 26th, 2006, 1:03 pm
Posts: 13429
Post Re: Detroit Lions work out linebacker Bobby Carpenter
Lots of assertions for having a lot of unknowns...

_________________
regularjoe12 - "You are crackin me up! really! HILARIOUS um let me quote some intellgent people in this coneversation: Steensn:"


October 28th, 2010, 12:51 pm
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: January 26th, 2005, 9:34 pm
Posts: 10288
Location: Sycamore, IL
Post Re: Detroit Lions work out linebacker Bobby Carpenter
How so? By using facts?

His receivers have dropped multiple TDs - fact.

Smith was looking pretty solid this year, despite ineptness around him and awful playcalling - fact.

David Carr is supreme garbage, has a noodle arm, and can't run an offense - fact.

Starting a couple games doesn't mean you can be or SHOULD be a full time starter in this league - fact.

I guess those facts are just unknowns...

_________________
_____
I have no faith this team will win a game the rest of the year. The kitties finish at 7-9 and Miss the playoffs as GB wins out and takes it from the kitties.
Image


October 28th, 2010, 12:56 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.