View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 20th, 2014, 2:47 pm

Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Now we can find out about Troy... 
RIP Killer

Post Re: Now we can find out about Troy...
they won yesterday, didn't they? they were picked to easily win the division this year. they were 8-8 last year, which is pretty solid, especially for a young team.

November 1st, 2010, 10:43 am
RIP Killer

conversion02 wrote:
they won yesterday, didn't they? they were picked to easily win the division this year. they were 8-8 last year, which is pretty solid, especially for a young team.

I don't get how being on an ok team at all hurts his performance. How can his performance be not worth crap because the rest of his team did... ok.

November 1st, 2010, 10:56 am
1st Round Pick

Troy Smith in the NFL Remids me of Erik Krammer.

November 1st, 2010, 3:44 pm
RIP Killer

If given the chance he could have some good respectable years.

November 1st, 2010, 3:51 pm
RIP Killer

356 YDS 1 TD for the win, turned a 3rd and 32 to a first down and threw a TD pass the next play. Had TD called back earlier as well due to delay of game penalty. 49ers win!

November 14th, 2010, 8:46 pm
RIP Killer

do you want a cookie or something? Must be a tough feat to beat the cRams. Wasn't that who the Lions blew out by almost 40 points?

November 15th, 2010, 7:59 am
RIP Killer

And a serviceable QB would have stats just like Troy. Sorry, but you guys gave me too much BS crap so I'm gonna post his stats when they are good.

November 15th, 2010, 10:14 am
RIP Killer

So what's your point? That Smith can be a backup? Shaun Hill's servicable and he put up better stats on the same team. Still don't get your reasoning.

November 15th, 2010, 2:58 pm
RIP Killer

How is this proof he is a backup? He is 2-0 as a starter and is doing well as a QB. Is he just a backup? I said he just needs a chance to show he is a middle of the road starter and he has. I am betting he gets more chances now and becomes the starter.

November 15th, 2010, 3:09 pm
Steen, Shaun Hill and Troy Smith are nothing but backup caliber Qbs in the NFL. They are both playing at about their peak ability right now. I wouldn't want to rely on either as my every day starter, but they're alright to have in a pinch if your main guy goes down.

November 15th, 2010, 3:15 pm
RIP Killer

At least we are making progress... three weeks ago he wasn't even a good backup QB.

WJB:
Quote:
He hasn't played anywhere else either, and that's because other teams think he's awful too! The Ravens drafted him to play WR, and only switched his position due to a dire need. The guy is NOT an NFL Qb.

T Smith for you is going to be like Mike McMahon, and Drew Stanton for delusional Lions fans. You won't admit that he's terrible until he's ready to retire or he's out of the NFL.

Convo:
Quote:
When they found out their #2 was complete trash, they are giving him a shot...on a 1-6 team.

San Fran has transformed from a crappy team giving a crappy QB a shot, even though no one else thinks he is any good, while their starter (1-6) who has done "decent" is hurt to a pretty good backup QB that lead a 1-6 team to 2 wins

Not there yet, but we are making progress!

November 15th, 2010, 4:47 pm
League MVP

I cant believe you guys are making me side with the buckeye here but...man you guys are HARSH! a new kid plays 2 games scores 3 td and no turnovers and he's absolutly no good????? really???? The guy looks alot like a moblie Kyle Orton to me. Dont get me wrong Im not ready to call him great, but I think he's showing servicible RIGHT NOW and the kid still is learning how to be a pro. Like him or not your fooling yourself if you think getting playing time wont make him better...and he's decent RIGHT NOW...how can anyone say "never" at this point? I just dont get the hate.......

November 15th, 2010, 4:57 pm
RIP Killer

regularjoe12 wrote:
I cant believe you guys are making me side with the buckeye here but...man you guys are HARSH! a new kid plays 2 games scores 3 td and no turnovers and he's absolutly no good????? really???? The guy looks alot like a moblie Kyle Orton to me. Dont get me wrong Im not ready to call him great, but I think he's showing servicible RIGHT NOW and the kid still is learning how to be a pro. Like him or not your fooling yourself if you think getting playing time wont make him better...and he's decent RIGHT NOW...how can anyone say "never" at this point? I just dont get the hate.......

Deep down you always know I am right ;)

It just takes a little while for you to get over the fact I root for a winning team ;)

November 15th, 2010, 5:18 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

regularjoe12 wrote:

Exactly how I feel. And I am a Wolverine Fan to the core. I hate giving bucknuts even an ounce of credit (and love watching them lose NC games).

November 15th, 2010, 5:35 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
RIP Killer

Smith named starter... Troy Smith for Monday's game

Quote:
Alex Smith hands off to Troy Smith
November, 15, 2010
NOV 15
4:42
PM ET
EmailPrintComments
By Mike Sando
SANTA CLARA, Calif. -- The San Francisco 49ers' new starting quarterback eased into his new surroundings when the team signed him a week before the regular season.

Troy Smith, named the starter Monday even if Alex Smith returns from injury, shared his leadership philosophy in the 49ers' locker room. He has no plans to project himself any differently. He used the term "even-keeled" to describe his approach.

"As a man and collectively, you achieve things and to come in and just tell guys what the bottom line is, I don't think that is how you deal with men," Troy Smith said. "I think you reason with men. I think you give men the opportunity and the chance to showcase their talents and their abilities and we'll all move forward."

Smith said he assimilated into the 49ers' locker room by showing humility.

"You need to show the guys around you that you are humble, that you are a human being, that everybody can come talk and interact and be a part of any and everything that you have going on," Smith said. "That makes it a little easier for everybody to take to you when they see you are more of a personable person."

Smith owns a 2-0 record with no turnovers and a 116.6 passer rating since becoming the starter while Alex Smith recovered from a shoulder injury. He comes across as even-keeled, polished, mature and thoughtful. Alex Smith has shown those traits as well, but Troy Smith appears more relaxed, more comfortable -- perhaps unburdened by expectations.

Alex Smith expressed frustration over losing his job following an injury, but he was not surprised. Like everyone else, he saw the 49ers winning without him and he knew Troy Smith could get the call. He said doctors have cleared him to return from his injured left shoulder. He also said he played well this season despite too many turnovers.

"I really felt in the last few weeks I had done a good job with that and was moving in the right direction," Alex Smith said. "But it doesn't really matter at this point."

"I wasn't surprised by it," Alex Smith said.

November 15th, 2010, 6:53 pm
Reply to topic   [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next