View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 24th, 2014, 11:38 pm

Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Now we can find out about Troy... 
Player of the Year - Defense

Post Re: Now we can find out about Troy...
Reading by a buckeye fail.... He was named starter Monday... for Sunday's game.

And Troy has a good chance to rack up some wins, but I don't think anyone's going to anoint him savior of the team until they play a caliber team. Squeaking out wins vs Denver and St. Louis hasn't proved anything yet. Don't be surprised if they lose Sunday vs TB. He's doing what's necessary right now and not turning it over, but I think they'll go in a completely different direction next season, and Troy will be back to backup or looking for work elsewhere.

November 15th, 2010, 10:11 pm
RIP Killer

My bad, Monday for Sunday's game...

njroar... all I asked was for a chance and he'll prove his ability to be a decent starter, middle of the road. He's done everything he could so far to prove that... so I don't mind the excuses. He may lose, but what he has done so far was everything he could to look like a decent starter.

November 16th, 2010, 11:10 am
RIP Killer

Hmmm, Troy didn't seem to fare too well against against a good team today.

November 21st, 2010, 7:50 pm
RIP Killer

Nope, not a good day for him for sure! Didn't get to see highlights yet.

November 21st, 2010, 10:16 pm
RIP Killer

He was the lead rusher, guess the line stunk it up today. I don't understand why LA stations don't play 49er games... I would have watched.

November 22nd, 2010, 12:00 am
RIP Killer

Not a fantastic performance, but 3-1 now as a starter.

November 30th, 2010, 1:39 pm
RIP Killer

I don't think a line of 11/23, 129, 1, 1, and 1 fumble even constitutes a "solid" or "good" performance.

That defense looked damn good. 13 rushing yards allowed? Willis jumped the snap and destroyed Anderson. Reminded me of Lance Briggs in Game 1 this year. Also, Spikes INT down to the 13 sure helped.

It helps that the OL played their best game of the year. SF ran the ball over 40 times for over 225 yards. I wish the Lions could do that.

November 30th, 2010, 1:53 pm
RIP Killer

Wish the Lions could do anything...

About Smith, he is doing what I expected, what it takes to win. A middle of the road starter that get's the job done. Manning threw 2 INT's for TD's this last week... that is a bad week.

Smith didn't lose the fumble. I'd call it good enough...

November 30th, 2010, 1:59 pm
RIP Killer

Well, if you want to make comparisons...

Kyle Orton won 11 games with the Bears in 2005, but had a sub-60 rating. Enough to win games, but he was very sub-average. With a defense and a run game, anyone can look good...i.e. Niners vs Cards.

However, he does look much calmer and collected under C than I would have imagined. He has a much better command of the offense.

November 30th, 2010, 2:07 pm
I'll say that I've been impressed so far with his play. I don't think he's done anything great, but he's been average, which is honestly more than I expected out of him.

November 30th, 2010, 2:38 pm
RIP Killer

wjb21ndtown wrote:
I'll say that I've been impressed so far with his play. I don't think he's done anything great, but he's been average, which is honestly more than I expected out of him.

That is what I expected out of him.

November 30th, 2010, 2:41 pm
RIP Killer

conversion02 wrote:
Well, if you want to make comparisons...

Kyle Orton won 11 games with the Bears in 2005, but had a sub-60 rating. Enough to win games, but he was very sub-average. With a defense and a run game, anyone can look good...i.e. Niners vs Cards.

However, he does look much calmer and collected under C than I would have imagined. He has a much better command of the offense.

He's better than you gave credit for. Orton seems to be doing quite well for such a "terrible" QB...

And yes, this game he didn't need to win with his arm, but two games back he had to win with his arm and he did putting up DANG good numbers. We can nickel and dime every performance all you want... but eventually people have to realize guys like Troy, Orton, Kitna, etc. are good enough QB's to win.

November 30th, 2010, 2:43 pm
RIP Killer

steensn wrote:
He's better than you gave credit for.

I was simply saying that, based on last night alone, he didn't deserve much credit. The OL and defense did, however.

steensn wrote:
Orton seems to be doing quite well for such a "terrible" QB...

Who called him terrible or said anything of the sort? I simply pointed out that he won 11 games as a 4th round rookie, while boasting a sub-60 passer rating. Not sure what else you feel like picking from my statement...

steensn wrote:
And yes, this game he didn't need to win with his arm, but two games back he had to win with his arm and he did putting up DANG good numbers. We can nickel and dime every performance all you want... but eventually people have to realize guys like Troy, Orton, Kitna, etc. are good enough QB's to win.

Not saying they aren't. In the right situation, anyone can win. Ask Trent Dilfer. Doesn't mean they're "good"

November 30th, 2010, 2:53 pm
RIP Killer

conversion02 wrote:
steensn wrote:
He's better than you gave credit for.

I was simply saying that, based on last night alone, he didn't deserve much credit. The OL and defense did, however.

I don't disagree...

conversion02 wrote:
steensn wrote:
Orton seems to be doing quite well for such a "terrible" QB...

Who called him terrible or said anything of the sort? I simply pointed out that he won 11 games as a 4th round rookie, while boasting a sub-60 passer rating. Not sure what else you feel like picking from my statement...

Sorry if you don't think he was terrible, most the world thought he was and he's tearing it up. The Bears didn't need a new QB to win... they were mistaken. They had their QB right there.

conversion02 wrote:
steensn wrote:

Not saying they aren't. In the right situation, anyone can win. Ask Trent Dilfer. Doesn't mean they're "good"

No, it doesn't mean they are good, but it does mean they are decent. They all get nicked for not being a top 10 QB, then go and perform like one (not talking Troy here, not enough time to even suggest that). Kitna gets in and puts up top 5 numbers. Orton is looking to be the 2nd or 3rd 5000 yard passer. My point is, people don't give some guys chances because a top 10 QB for some reason isn't a good QB. That is not true at all...

November 30th, 2010, 3:04 pm
RIP Killer

steensn wrote:
Sorry if you don't think he was terrible, most the world thought he was and he's tearing it up. The Bears didn't need a new QB to win... they were mistaken. They had their QB right there.

At the time they ditched Orton for Cutler, I was arguing with Bears fans on Dabearz.com about it, saying it was stupid to give up that much for Cutler, when they had a perfectly good QB who has been progressing very nicely. Additionally, they would have been better off putting those draft picks into their OL and/or skill players.

Orton was very underrated and Denver got a great deal for him.

November 30th, 2010, 3:17 pm
Reply to topic   [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next