View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 20th, 2014, 5:31 pm

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 singletary out in sf 
RIP Killer

Post singletary out in sf
After elimination from playoffs, 49ers ax singletary.

December 27th, 2010, 11:32 am
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

Post Re: singletary out in sf
You would of think they would of waited a week but I guess the towel incident was a bit too much of an embarrassment.

December 27th, 2010, 11:51 am
Mr. Irrelevant

Not hard to see I guess. The 9ers were pretty much a bunch of nobodies really.

December 27th, 2010, 1:05 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

The guy was unqualified, plain and simple. Lot of talent on that team brought down by poor coaching and poor quarterbacking.

December 27th, 2010, 3:02 pm
Footsoldier32 wrote:

You're kidding me! I would swap them rosters in a minute. They have a LOT of talent on that team and Singletary was HORRIBLE.

December 29th, 2010, 1:22 am
RIP Killer

Bingo - that team has a load of talent. The coaching was beyond pathetic.

December 29th, 2010, 3:46 pm
RIP Killer

Lots of talent, yes, but I think we are also painting a better light on the situation than is there. The team still has a lot of holes even if the talent level of some players is very high.

December 29th, 2010, 4:44 pm
steensn wrote:
Lots of talent, yes, but I think we are also painting a better light on the situation than is there. The team still has a lot of holes even if the talent level of some players is very high.

With Gore, their running game, their offensive line, and Vernon Davis they should produce more on offense than they have. Crabtree is also coming into his own and turning into a fine WR.

On defense they have solid starters and a probowler in the middle. They could use some help at CB, but there are few teams that are solid in that area. They can do what needs to be done in the NFL to win games - run the ball, stop the run, and not turn the ball over (if they can get a conservative Qb that doesn't make bad decisions... I was hoping they would have picked up Trent Edwards)... I think they'll have a better record than the Lions next year.

December 29th, 2010, 4:57 pm
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

Supposedly, the 49ers are gunning for Jim Harbaugh. To that I say, No you can't have him cause he's coming to Michigan. :lol:

Atleast, I hope he is.

January 1st, 2011, 11:50 am
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

I would be happy with Harbagh to Michigan.. but I think UM wins today and RR gets another season... meaning Harbagh either waits, or goes NFL to SF or even Carolina.

Cmon, nobody could see Harbaugh to the Panthers, then taking Luck as the #1 pick. :)

January 1st, 2011, 2:38 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Mr. Irrelevant

wjb21ndtown wrote:
Footsoldier32 wrote:

You're kidding me! I would swap them rosters in a minute. They have a LOT of talent on that team and Singletary was HORRIBLE.

I don't know that I would. Yes, they have talent on their defense (especially with Patrick Willis) but I don't think I would trade offenses. Despite having injuries in our QB department, we are better there. They have us beat in the O-line and RB positions but with an upgrade or two, I think we are just as good. There is no question at WR that we are better and I think that if Pett would quit dropping the friggin' ball, they would be close to even. It's close enough for me to say that I would not swap. Just a difference in opinion.

January 1st, 2011, 2:58 pm
Footsoldier32 wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
Footsoldier32 wrote:

I don't know that I would. Yes, they have talent on their defense (especially with Patrick Willis) but I don't think I would trade offenses. Despite having injuries in our QB department, we are better there. They have us beat in the O-line and RB positions but with an upgrade or two, I think we are just as good. There is no question at WR that we are better and I think that if Pett would quit dropping the friggin' ball, they would be close to even. It's close enough for me to say that I would not swap. Just a difference in opinion.

I would swap them offenses in a hear-beat. Their OL is better than ours, and their Rbs are better than ours. Those are the fundamental building blocks of your offense. The Lions potentially have a better Qb situation with Stafford, but that's yet to be seen. Our WRs are slightly better with CJ, but not by much. Vernon Davis is a stud.

January 3rd, 2011, 3:47 am
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]