View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 20th, 2014, 6:11 pm

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
 Seattle-New Orleans 
RIP Killer

Post Seattle-New Orleans
So, I'm sitting here watching this game not believing that the Seahawks are even in this game let along winning it, and I watch Marshawn Lynch rip off one of the most incredible runs I've watched. Broke six tackles and straight armed Tracy Porter 5 yards down field. Unbelievable.

January 8th, 2011, 8:50 pm
League MVP

Post Re: Seattle-New Orleans
anyone can win at home

January 8th, 2011, 9:04 pm
Afghan Allstar

Especially with the crowd that they have.

January 8th, 2011, 10:06 pm
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

The Legend wrote:
anyone can win at home

Not Miami!

should i go Cliche and say "thats why they play the game" or should I just be real and say "they don't belong my badonkadonk"

You'll hear all kinds of excuises on why Seattle shouldn't a won that game...how they shouldn't a had a home game, or how they shouldn't even be in the playoffs. but this game settles it all in my mind. Championship teams win tough games, N.O. didn't do that today...no excuses. Seattle proved why it is so important to win your division, thats all there is too it.

January 9th, 2011, 12:38 am
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

Quote:
badonkadonk

Really? thast what a $ $ changes to?? really? how ghetto fabulous! :lol: :lol: :lol:

January 9th, 2011, 12:41 am
RIP Killer

Wow... so we all make fun of the division... then they go and beat NO!? What the!?

January 9th, 2011, 1:36 am
RIP Killer

Part of why I saw I don't believe Seattle was even in that game -

Hasselback coming off an injury, and didn't play for squat all season. He came into this game and simply lit up New Orleans. His throws were crisp and on the money most times. His TD throw to Mike Williams was incredible, but credit to BMW, he made a terrific catch. Wish he would have done that here once in a while.

Seattle was running pretty efficiently against the Saints defense as well, but the Saints weren't getting it done on the ground. I understand they didn't have Chris Ivory, but even the offensive line was playing lackluster the whole game for the Saints.

When it comes down to it, the New Orleans defense staying in Louisiana, and the group they brought with them failed to get the job done. I know they were missing a couple starters, but the Saints defense flat out lost that game.

January 9th, 2011, 10:07 am
Hall of Fame Player

Truth be told, NO was not on par with where they were last year. Something changed between last year and this year.

January 9th, 2011, 11:31 am
QB Coach

I think not having Malcolm Jenkins hurt the Saints more than anything. Also their starting LB was out and we all know about Ivory and Thomas going on IR. Hasselbeck knew where the weakness was in the secondary and just kept making good accurate throws right where they needed to be. He played lights out. That run by Marshawn Lynch was one of the best plays I've ever seen. He broke at least 6 tackles and his entire offense was downfield blocking for him. Congrats to Seattle.

One of the guys mentioned during the play was Tyler Polumbus. Who we traded to Seattle after claiming him on waivers. Anybody know what we got from that trade? Assuming a 7th but IDK.

January 9th, 2011, 12:09 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

inheritedlionsfan wrote:
I think not having Malcolm Jenkins hurt the Saints more than anything. Also their starting LB was out and we all know about Ivory and Thomas going on IR. Hasselbeck knew where the weakness was in the secondary and just kept making good accurate throws right where they needed to be. He played lights out. That run by Marshawn Lynch was one of the best plays I've ever seen. He broke at least 6 tackles and his entire offense was downfield blocking for him. Congrats to Seattle.

One of the guys mentioned during the play was Tyler Polumbus. Who we traded to Seattle after claiming him on waivers. Anybody know what we got from that trade? Assuming a 7th but IDK.

Isn't that how we got LoJack?

January 10th, 2011, 5:29 pm
RIP Killer

Anyone see the info that during the run, the ground was literally shaking!? Maybe the fans went nuts and caused a small tremor like recording?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/ ... id=6008462

January 10th, 2011, 5:47 pm
QB Coach

steensn wrote:
Anyone see the info that during the run, the ground was literally shaking!? Maybe the fans went nuts and caused a small tremor like recording?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/ ... id=6008462

Yeah I heard the same thing. That's awesome.

β€œThe good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

January 10th, 2011, 6:03 pm
RIP Killer

thelomasbrowns wrote:
inheritedlionsfan wrote:

Isn't that how we got LoJack?

No, we traded one of our sixth round picks this year for Jackson. Detroit got a conditional late rounder pick from Seattle for Polumbus....in the 2012 draft.

January 10th, 2011, 7:20 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Well hopefully that condition kicks in since he is doing well (isnt he?).

January 10th, 2011, 10:19 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
RIP Killer

DJ-B wrote:
Well hopefully that condition kicks in since he is doing well (isnt he?).

I couldn't tell you, since I don't know what the conditions were. I would hope that since he started some games for them, that it would escalate the pick, but I would think it also involves his PT for this coming season as well. Question is, if there's no season....or a shortened season, now does that impact his (and anyone elses) contracts for 2011?

January 11th, 2011, 12:09 pm
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]