View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently August 21st, 2014, 6:08 pm



Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Super Bowl Party 
Author Message
Stadium Announcer

Joined: October 30th, 2010, 12:04 pm
Posts: 66
Location: Orange City, IA
Post Super Bowl Party
I'm planning on hosting my first super bowl party in a few weeks and was wondering what are some must haves for such a party (note: i live on a dry college campus). If you could help me out with ideas for games and such that would be awesome. Thanks


January 20th, 2011, 1:52 am
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: January 26th, 2005, 9:34 pm
Posts: 10288
Location: Sycamore, IL
Post Re: Super Bowl Party
My college SB party...
beer
.
.
big tv
.
.
beer
.
.
hotties
.
.
beer
.
.
food - wings, nachos, chili, etc

_________________
_____
I have no faith this team will win a game the rest of the year. The kitties finish at 7-9 and Miss the playoffs as GB wins out and takes it from the kitties.
Image


January 20th, 2011, 10:38 am
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: August 6th, 2004, 9:21 am
Posts: 9389
Location: Dallas
Post Re: Super Bowl Party
conversion02 wrote:
My college SB party...
beer
.
.
big tv
.
.
beer
.
.
hotties
.
.
beer
.
.
food - wings, nachos, chili, etc


don't forget the beer

_________________
Image
LB Tweet


January 20th, 2011, 11:49 am
Profile WWW
Online
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman
User avatar

Joined: March 30th, 2006, 12:48 am
Posts: 3738
Location: Davison Mi
Post Re: Super Bowl Party
and strippers! LOTSA strippers!


oh and beer

_________________
2013 Lionbacker Fantasy Football Champion


January 20th, 2011, 12:49 pm
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: October 20th, 2004, 4:16 pm
Posts: 9848
Location: Where ever I'm at now
Post Re: Super Bowl Party
Ummm.....you might want to consider having a TV set somewhere nearby....maybe even turned onto the game itself....so you can reasonably call it a Super Bowl Party.

Beer, chicks, food.....of courese, with a "dry" campus, it would have to be (ugh!) non-alcoholic beer. That being the case, you better damn well make sure the girls are good looking, because beer goggles won't be in play.

_________________
Driver of the 'we need a coaching change' bandwagon. Climb aboard.


January 20th, 2011, 12:52 pm
Profile
Modmin Dude
User avatar

Joined: December 31st, 2004, 9:55 am
Posts: 11953
Post Re: Super Bowl Party
Wait a minute! I'm calling shenanigans here! A DRY college campus??!!?? :shock: No way!!! Never heard of one, do they even exist?? :confused:

And even if it does, you still have a couple weeks to learn how to make beer/wine/booze :wink:

_________________
Quote:
Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right....


January 20th, 2011, 12:55 pm
Profile
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)
User avatar

Joined: April 5th, 2007, 5:51 pm
Posts: 2279
Post Re: Super Bowl Party
Or smuggle some booze in.

That said, I will give you my secret recipe to the best SB dip ever.

2 Packages of Philly cream cheese. 2 Cans of Hormel Chili (no beans, but spicy if u prefer it). Melt together on stove. Serve.

It is best if you have a small crockpot to keep it warm, but I doubt it since youre in college and not married.

Usually it gets eaten so fast it doesnt matter.

Good Luck.


January 20th, 2011, 3:19 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Varsity 1st Team
User avatar

Joined: August 9th, 2004, 1:51 am
Posts: 240
Location: kalamazoo,mi
Post Re: Super Bowl Party
A dry Campus :lol: :lol: :lol:

now that is funny. What exactly does that mean? Do they kick you out of school if they catch you in the dorms with beer or booze?



What school is this anyway?


Frok

_________________
I feel more like I do now than when I first got here.


January 20th, 2011, 8:39 pm
Profile
Post Re: Super Bowl Party
Topless waitresses to serve the beer, of course. Who wants to get up to get their own beer??? Midgets make good servers of tortilla chips and salsa, the salsa goes in the middle of the sombrero and the chips go around the brim. They can serve beers too... two birds, one stone!


Football squares hasn't been listed... that's a must have. Chili cheese dip is a nice plus (Hormel Chili and velveta cheese in a slow cooker). Some sort of "main dish" deep fried turkey, ham, roasted pig, w/e.


January 20th, 2011, 8:46 pm
QB Coach
User avatar

Joined: August 21st, 2005, 3:36 am
Posts: 3124
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Post Re: Super Bowl Party
frok wrote:
A dry Campus :lol: :lol: :lol:

now that is funny. What exactly does that mean? Do they kick you out of school if they catch you in the dorms with beer or booze?



What school is this anyway?


Frok

Almost every university technically has a dry campus. I'm almost certain that U of M does, so does Grand Valley, and I'm pretty sure Michigan Tech does as well (just to give a few examples). That doesn't mean people don't drink there. Hell I went to MTU and we drank our faces off on an almost nightly basis. All a dry campus means is that if you get caught with alcohol while "on campus" you can be arrested. Just don't be stupid and sneak it into your dorm/apartment and you'll be fine.

_________________
"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." - John Adams

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson


January 21st, 2011, 10:22 am
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: June 26th, 2006, 1:03 pm
Posts: 13429
Post Re: Super Bowl Party
There are lots of dry campuses...

_________________
regularjoe12 - "You are crackin me up! really! HILARIOUS um let me quote some intellgent people in this coneversation: Steensn:"


January 21st, 2011, 11:21 am
Profile
Online
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman
User avatar

Joined: March 30th, 2006, 12:48 am
Posts: 3738
Location: Davison Mi
Post Re: Super Bowl Party
Touchdown Jesus wrote:
frok wrote:
A dry Campus :lol: :lol: :lol:

now that is funny. What exactly does that mean? Do they kick you out of school if they catch you in the dorms with beer or booze?



What school is this anyway?


Frok

Almost every university technically has a dry campus. I'm almost certain that U of M does, so does Grand Valley, and I'm pretty sure Michigan Tech does as well (just to give a few examples). That doesn't mean people don't drink there. Hell I went to MTU and we drank our faces off on an almost nightly basis. All a dry campus means is that if you get caught with alcohol while "on campus" you can be arrested. Just don't be stupid and sneak it into your dorm/apartment and you'll be fine.



HOLY CRAP!!! There's another Husky on this board?? sweet! when did ya go?

_________________
2013 Lionbacker Fantasy Football Champion


January 21st, 2011, 7:12 pm
Profile
QB Coach
User avatar

Joined: August 21st, 2005, 3:36 am
Posts: 3124
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Post Re: Super Bowl Party
regularjoe12 wrote:
HOLY CRAP!!! There's another Husky on this board?? sweet! when did ya go?

1995-2000. You?

_________________
"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." - John Adams

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson


January 22nd, 2011, 2:58 pm
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: October 20th, 2004, 4:16 pm
Posts: 9848
Location: Where ever I'm at now
Post Re: Super Bowl Party
Touchdown Jesus wrote:
regularjoe12 wrote:
HOLY CRAP!!! There's another Husky on this board?? sweet! when did ya go?

1995-2000. You?


Six years?! How much drinking did you do?

_________________
Driver of the 'we need a coaching change' bandwagon. Climb aboard.


January 22nd, 2011, 7:01 pm
Profile
QB Coach
User avatar

Joined: August 21st, 2005, 3:36 am
Posts: 3124
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Post Re: Super Bowl Party
m2karateman wrote:
Touchdown Jesus wrote:
regularjoe12 wrote:
HOLY CRAP!!! There's another Husky on this board?? sweet! when did ya go?

1995-2000. You?


Six years?! How much drinking did you do?

Haha a lot, for the first couple years anyway. Then spent the rest of the time trying to make up for it.

And for the record, I was there for 5 years, not 6. Boom!

_________________
"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." - John Adams

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson


January 22nd, 2011, 10:04 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.