View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 21st, 2014, 6:15 am

Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Big Baby cut 
QB Coach

Post Big Baby cut
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... owns-cuts/

February 9th, 2011, 8:23 pm
RIP Killer

Post Re: Big Baby cut
I think that is silly... he'll be signed quickly after a CBA is in place. I would suggest us bringing him back in...

February 9th, 2011, 8:47 pm
NFL Team Captain

I would be happy to have him back.

February 9th, 2011, 8:56 pm
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

Actually, Shaun Rogers (or any other player who is cut) is able to sign with any team right now. However, that will end on March 4th when the CBA officially ends. I would have no problem if Big Baby came back, as long as it was for a reasonable amount.

February 9th, 2011, 9:58 pm
RIP Killer

No idea they could sign that early!

February 9th, 2011, 10:14 pm
Walk On

He actually expressed interest last year with being back with the lions. Maybe Corey Williams could lead the recruitment, seeing they're good friends.

Draft the BLACK MAMBA!! Ducks #6

February 10th, 2011, 1:22 am
Varsity Captain

Get it done, Martin.

February 10th, 2011, 2:45 am
5th Round Pick - Traded

Sorry to buck the trend but I wouldn't want to see him back for a specific reason: He's lazy. He works when he wants and doesn't have the drive to push himself play after play, game after game. He did it in Detroit (note how he always disappeared in the second half of the season) and it hasn't been any different in Cleveland. Please don't tell me how it would be different because now he would be surrounded by the current players and how they work. He's too far into his career to change his work ethics.

I could be wrong but then again, I'm not the GM. I just wouldn't want him in the locker room. He's been cancerous before and I wouldn't want to take a chance of it happening again and I wouldn't want to put the burden on the rest of the team to keep him happy. This is the same reason I wouldn't want the grease fire that is Albert Haynesworth.

February 10th, 2011, 3:41 am
RIP Killer

He'd be a good pickup for this system. With C-Will, Suh, SLH...big baby would only have to play 15-20 snaps a game.

February 10th, 2011, 9:09 am
League MVP

lionsfanak wrote:
Sorry to buck the trend but I wouldn't want to see him back for a specific reason: He's lazy. He works when he wants and doesn't have the drive to push himself play after play, game after game. He did it in Detroit (note how he always disappeared in the second half of the season) and it hasn't been any different in Cleveland. Please don't tell me how it would be different because now he would be surrounded by the current players and how they work. He's too far into his career to change his work ethics.

I could be wrong but then again, I'm not the GM. I just wouldn't want him in the locker room. He's been cancerous before and I wouldn't want to take a chance of it happening again and I wouldn't want to put the burden on the rest of the team to keep him happy. This is the same reason I wouldn't want the grease fire that is Albert Haynesworth.

I'd normally agree with this but now that we do have 3 quality starters starters, we wouldn't need him every down. I think he'd be a great addition to the rotation. And I dont think he's anywhere near the poison that Fat Albert is.

February 10th, 2011, 9:16 am
RIP Killer

I would want him back ONLY if the contract makes sense, and is a short term deal (2 years max). It's unfortunate that Shaun is dominant only when he chooses to be, which can't be counted on. Offer him an incentive laden deal with a low base salary, and I'm good with it.

That said, I have a feeling there will be teams like Buffalo, Dallas, Houston and others who will be willing to offer him more. I think Houston is the team that will be the most desperate, and would like to see Shaun lined up next to Mario.

February 10th, 2011, 3:29 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

m2karateman wrote:
I would want him back ONLY if the contract makes sense, and is a short term deal (2 years max). It's unfortunate that Shaun is dominant only when he chooses to be, which can't be counted on. Offer him an incentive laden deal with a low base salary, and I'm good with it.

That said, I have a feeling there will be teams like Buffalo, Dallas, Houston and others who will be willing to offer him more. I think Houston is the team that will be the most desperate, and would like to see Shaun lined up next to Mario.

Isn't Houston going to a 3-4? Or is that just specualtion? If they are, I don't see Mario Williams being a DE in a 3-4 nor an OLB.

NEVER GIVE UP!

February 10th, 2011, 4:30 pm
RIP Killer

LionsFan4Life wrote:
m2karateman wrote:

Isn't Houston going to a 3-4? Or is that just specualtion? If they are, I don't see Mario Williams being a DE in a 3-4 nor an OLB.

Houston Texans will switch to a 34 defense, and Mario Williams will be a DE for them. He's almost 300 lbs, plenty big enough to play the spot. Problem is, they really don't have anyone on their roster that can be categorized as a 34 NT.

February 10th, 2011, 6:49 pm
Veteran General Manager

The Redskins are already chasing him.

February 10th, 2011, 9:51 pm
5th Round Pick - Traded

I have no idea what people are drunk on as far as he goes but if ever there was a time when the Lions don't need him, it's now.

February 10th, 2011, 10:15 pm
Reply to topic   [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next