View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 24th, 2014, 6:45 pm

Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 KWII 
RIP Killer

Post KWII
Our trade last year keeps looking better and better!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Winslow injured in motorcycle accident
May 2, 2005

WESTLAKE, Ohio (AP) -- Browns tight end Kellen Winslow Jr. was injured in a motorcycle accident, but the team said his injuries aren't life-threatening.

Winslow was riding in a community college parking lot Sunday when he hit a curb at about 35 mph and was thrown from the motorcycle, police Lt. Ray Arcuri said.

He was taken by ambulance to Fairview Hospital and was scheduled to be transferred to the Cleveland Clinic on Monday where the team's medical staff would treat him, Browns spokesman Bill Bonsiewicz said.

``He went over the handlebars and was real evasive about what the injuries were,'' Arcuri said.

Winslow was wearing a helmet, but it wasn't strapped on and flew off his head, Arcuri said. He and four other men were riding motorcycles in the parking lot, not far from Winslow's home.

The first-round draft pick missed nearly all of his rookie year after breaking his leg in the second game of the season. He has had two operations on the leg.

May 2nd, 2005, 2:53 pm
Profile WWW
Fair Weather Fan

Another "Purple Heart" for "The Soldier".

May 3rd, 2005, 10:29 am
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

May 2, 2005) -- First and foremost, Browns tight end Kellen Winslow's injuries from his motorcycle crash are not life-threatening. That's the fortunate news.

The unfortunate news is they could be extremely costly. Winslow's incentive-laden, six-year, $40 million contract is littered with language that forbids "hazardous activities" such as "motorcycling." This means that Winslow has put the majority of the contract at risk. The Browns now could ask Winslow to return the $4.4 million option bonus they paid him March 1, as well as a significant portion of the $6 million signing bonus they paid him last year.

Then there are the salary escalators in Winslow's contract, none of which he can achieve if he's not on the field. With his latest injuries, Winslow stands to lose a $2 million salary escalator in 2006, another $3 million salary escalator in 2007, and salary escalators throughout his deal that are scheduled to run through 2009.

This says nothing of his base salary, which he could not collect without playing. Winslow already lost $5.4 million worth of incentives last season when he broke his leg. Now he stands to lose millions more from a contract that was based heavily on playing time. His motorcycle accident jeopardizes the remainder of his contract.

May 3rd, 2005, 1:41 pm
Site Admin

Dude couldn't get it out of his system with Excite Bike?

May 3rd, 2005, 2:45 pm
Profile WWW

Dude couldn't get it out of his system with Excite Bike?

That is funny

May 3rd, 2005, 3:15 pm
RIP Killer

Browns | Winslow Injury Update
Tue, 3 May 2005 21:21:48 -0700

Updating an ongoing storyline, Clark Judge, reports for SportsLine.com, according to sources the Cleveland Browns are now fearful TE Kellen Winslow Jr. may have torn his ACL. The team also suspects Winslow may have suffered ligament or tendon damage to his shoulder, according to sources. The injuries occurred when Winslow crashed his motorcycle Sunday, May 1.

Also...
Browns | Winslow may Miss the Entire Season
Tue, 3 May 2005 17:04:36 -0700

Clark Judge, of SportsLine.com, reports the Cleveland Browns are concerned injuries suffered by TE Kellen Winslow Jr. in his motorcycle accident may cost him the entire 2005 season. The primary problem, sources said, are potentially significant injuries to the right knee and right shoulder. The team cannot confirm the extent of the injuries until the swelling in the knee and shoulder subside. In addition, sources said the Browns believe Winslow may have suffered a punctured lung and an injury to his kidney, but neither of those injuries has the team overly concerned.

May 4th, 2005, 10:21 am
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

Wow. He beats Rogers hands down. First he missed more games. Second half the injuries were self-induced.

May 4th, 2005, 12:35 pm

Theres an article on NFL.com that he may have violated a rule on his contract for riding the bike, man I am f8cking glad we didnt draft this guy, at this point I'm happy we have Marcus Pollard and Roy Williams...

Michael Huff for DROY

May 4th, 2005, 4:16 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Lionsfanva posted a segment of an article related to the contract violation. Do you mean KingJones and Roy?

May 4th, 2005, 5:35 pm

Fresh poep.http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

Wow, Kellen was doing Wheelies at 75 KM/hr hours before the "crash".

May 4th, 2005, 10:24 pm
RIP Killer

Browns: Winslow's status officially unchanged, but not good
The News
Published reports quoting Browns and NFL sources have indicated that the injuries suffered by tight end Kellen Winslow in a motorcycle accident are indeed serious and include a sprained ACL, a separated shoulder, broken ribs and a bruised lung. However, the Browns remain extremely guarded with information regarding Winslow, and a team source told Fanball.com Wednesday afternoon that the official report from the team remains unchanged: internal injuries, stable condition, with swelling in the right shoulder and right knee.
Our View
Obviously, given all the rumors circulating around the situation and the Browns' decision to remain tight-lipped on Winslow's status, it's difficult to discern what impact the accident will have on Winslow's 2005 season?if there even is one. Right now, however, it's not looking too good for Winslow.

May 5th, 2005, 7:32 am
Site Admin

Them being tight lipped makes it seem as if its very bad IMO. You don't hide a good prognosis...for all we know it could be career threatening. Flying off a motor bike at 35 mph and having you helmut fly off is very very serious. Look what a 25 mph collision can do to a car!!! Let alone an unprotected person :?

We had a guy working with us that hopped on a motorbike xmas eve that his friend just got...he went to show his neighbor and rode it w/o a helmut going very slow (nowhere near 35mph) and he hit a small patch of black ice flipped over the handle bars and hit his head on the curb. I don't know his status now but that was over three years ago and he never made it back to work. He was in PT for 2 years that I know of and regularly called people by the wrong name :cry: It was really sad especially since his wife was pregnant with their first child. I actually heard that she left him as well...I suppose that is why I stay away from motorbikes because 1 mistake and your life is completely messed up.

May 5th, 2005, 9:02 am
Profile WWW

Lionsfanva posted a segment of an article related to the contract violation. Do you mean KingJones and Roy?

Yes and no, I am happy to have KJ, but I clearly said Pollard and Williams...

Michael Huff for DROY

May 5th, 2005, 5:14 pm
Profile WWW

"WINSLOW HAS TORN ACL?

Though we're not quite sure how the diagnosis could be confirmed if Kellen Winslow's knee is still swollen like a bitch-slapped grapefruit, The Mahoning Valley Tribune Chronicle reports that Winslow has a torn ACL that will knock him out of the entire 2005 season.

As one league insider told us on Thursday afternoon, fears that Winslow's knee may be "ruined" suggests that there is concern of nerve damage, which likely cannot be fixed via surgery"

May 5th, 2005, 11:26 pm
RIP Killer

I heard this morning that Winslow does have a torn ACL that will 'most likely' keep him from playing this season.

The question is, should the Browns take back five of the six million dollar bonus money he got when he signed and cut Winslow altogether? I would were I the Browns GM. I would take back the bonus money, release him and move on. He's an idiot, and I feel vindicated since last year at this time I was telling people on a seperate forum that the Lions should shy away from him.

May 6th, 2005, 8:50 am
Reply to topic   [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next