View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 23rd, 2014, 2:10 am

Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 KWII 
Site Admin

There are lots of idiots in the NFL just like anywhere else. I would wait and see what the Doctors say first. Obviously if he is ruined for football you have to get your money back. But if there is a good chance he will come back next year and be back to form I would suggest the Browns tell him either reconstruct the deal heavily in the Browns favor or they will take their money back now. They pretty much hold all the cards at this point but if they can get him on the cheap and keep him it's best for them. If KW can make it back he has the potential to be a very special TE better than Shockey and all the other TEs in the last decade. Yes he is a total fool but he is still a kid as well. And I remember LT being an idiot but he was also probably the best LB ever and helped his team win it all.

So renegotiate your deal with him and build in escalators that allow him to do well based upon performance and health and also more stringent details on his extra curricular hobbies. I think KW will look more at Stamp Collecting as a viable option at this point or crotch rockets.

May 6th, 2005, 10:29 am
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Stamp collecting?! Did you ever see the Seinfeld episode where George's fiance' dies from licking stamps? Have you learned nothing, Young Skywalker?

I can understand your points about renegotiation, but look at it from the rest of the players perspective. Here he is, hasn't proven anything other than he is an idiot. LT may have been an idiot, but he proved himself on the field. That's something Winslow took away from himself this time. If they don't cut him, they have no right to ask for the signing bonus back.
With the Postons as his agent, nothing will likely get renegotiated. With his father around there will be allegations of another nature. It would be better if they just cut ties now and moved on.

May 6th, 2005, 11:48 am
Modmin Dude

If they don't cut him, they have no right to ask for the signing bonus back.

I have to disagree with you Mike for the simple fact that KW is in breach of contract. I believe it said explicitly in his contract that he was not to ride motorcycles and he went ahead and did it, therefore the Browns can do pretty much whatever they want to him.

May 6th, 2005, 12:27 pm
RIP Killer

I have to disagree with you Mike for the simple fact that KW is in breach of contract. I believe it said explicitly in his contract that he was not to ride motorcycles and he went ahead and did it, therefore the Browns can do pretty much whatever they want to him.

What I'm saying is that the Browns should cut him due to his being in breach of contract and have a right to get the bonus money back. However, if the Browns elect not to cut him, they can't ask for the entire signing bonus back, only what is prorated for this year should he be able to return next year. I don't think his contract stipulates that the team would be entitled to get the entire bonus back and be able to keep him on the roster for the duration of his contract at the same time.

May 6th, 2005, 12:53 pm
Site Admin

Stamp collecting?! Did you ever see the Seinfeld episode where George's fiance' dies from licking stamps? Have you learned nothing, Young Skywalker?

Mwuhahahahahahaha evil6.gif I joined the Darkside my friend cause "Good is dumb".

And besides...she did NOT die from licking stamps...she died from licking the envelopes that were discontinued but George ordered them to save money. #-o

May 6th, 2005, 1:03 pm
Profile WWW
Modmin Dude

TheRealWags wrote:

What I'm saying is that the Browns should cut him due to his being in breach of contract and have a right to get the bonus money back. However, if the Browns elect not to cut him, they can't ask for the entire signing bonus back, only what is prorated for this year should he be able to return next year. I don't think his contract stipulates that the team would be entitled to get the entire bonus back and be able to keep him on the roster for the duration of his contract at the same time.

Okie dokie, I gotcha now headbang.gif

May 6th, 2005, 1:07 pm
RIP Killer

Steelers | Big Ben to Keep Riding
Fri, 6 May 2005 14:38:03 -0700

Alan Robinson, of the Associated Press, reports Pittsburgh Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger says he is going to continue to ride his motorcycle. He was lectured Friday, May 6 by Steelers head coach Bill Cowher on the dangers of riding a motorcycle without a helmet something Roethlisberger has been spotted doing recently. LB Joey Porter, who likes to ride a Jet Ski, had an interesting comment on the situation. "If I fall off a Jet Ski, I hit the water, and I like my odds," Porter said. "I'm going to get wet. What I say about motorcycles is that concrete is undefeated."

Also:
Browns | Winslow in Good Spirits According to His Father
Fri, 6 May 2005 06:01:59 -0700

Jarrett Bell, of USA Today, reports speculation continues to swirl Cleveland Browns TE Kellen Winslow Jr. (knee, shoulder) may have to repay millions of dollars in bonuses after violating terms of his contract. While full details of his health are not being released, he appears to be improving. His father, Kellen Winslow Sr., said he felt much better about his son's health and said his son was in good spirits before he left him. Like the Browns, he declined to comment on his son's overall health status but did say there is not a timetable in place for his release from the hospital.

May 6th, 2005, 10:27 pm
Varsity Benchwarmer

Junior should have to pay back the money he owes the Browns. And the Browns should cut him. Where did all the Winslow Jr fans go? At this time last year, he was extremeley popular with some Lions fans.
qtank.gif

May 7th, 2005, 1:19 pm
QB Coach

Junior should have to pay back the money he owes the Browns. And the Browns should cut him. Where did all the Winslow Jr fans go? At this time last year, he was extremeley popular with some Lions fans.
qtank.gif

I don't think they should cut him... no point in doing so. You drafted the kid to be a focal point of the offense. Give him a chance.

It's similar to Charles Rogers, in the sense that they both were high picks and both out for their first two years. It would have been stupid for us to cut Rogers this year.

But the difference of course is the impact and cancer that Winslow has been to the Browns. Calling himself the best player on his team as a rookie... I don't see how you can do that.

May 7th, 2005, 6:52 pm
Profile WWW
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

there are 2 kinds of motorcycle riders, those who have wrecked and those who are going to wreck. Winslow falls under those who have wrecked.

Last edited by lionsfanva on May 8th, 2005, 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

May 7th, 2005, 8:04 pm
Pro Bowl Player

I don't think they should cut him... no point in doing so. You drafted the kid to be a focal point of the offense. Give him a chance.

It's similar to Charles Rogers, in the sense that they both were high picks and both out for their first two years. It would have been stupid for us to cut Rogers this year.

It is similar to Rogers but it isnt... Rogers played all 8 preseason games, and started 6 reg. season games. His second season ending injury was more of a freak accident, this was his own stupidity... I agree with ya Bry they shouldnt cut him, but there should definitely be consequences and repacutions! Not that I care how good or bad the Browns do this season, but now they have someone to blame it on

May 7th, 2005, 8:14 pm
Profile WWW
Pro Bowl Player

there are 2 kinds of motorcycle riders, those who hve wrecked and those who have not. Wonslow falls under those who have wrecked
:shock:

May 7th, 2005, 8:15 pm
Profile WWW
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

Well as news leaks out it seems he is gone this year for sure. His carreer might very well be over. In any case this looks like a two year recovery at minimum. Wow, a reverse wheelie!

May 8th, 2005, 7:08 am
RIP Killer

Injury update on our favorite "Superman."

Browns: Winslow facing lengthy recovery period
The News
Browns' tight end Kellen Winslow is still hospitalized following his motorcycle accident last Saturday. The Cleveland Plain Dealer reports that the second-year player's internal injuries include a collapsed lung, a lacerated kidney, and a lacerated liver. The injury that concerns team officials most is a knee injury, which doctors may not be able to operate on until his fractured femur heals two or three months from now.
Our View
Although nothing is official, fantasy owners should not count on using Winslow during the 2005 season. It's possible that he could recover from his other injuries and make a comeback at some point during the year, but that's only if his knee injury isn't as serious as team officials fear. We will continue to keep you posted on Winslow's condition as the team releases more information.

May 9th, 2005, 8:30 am
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

lionsfanva wrote:
there are 2 kinds of motorcycle riders, those who hve wrecked and those who have not. Wonslow falls under those who have wrecked
:shock:

This is why you should not drink and post your thought. Sad, part was it was a lot of wine.

May 9th, 2005, 9:34 am
Reply to topic   [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next