View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 24th, 2014, 7:56 am

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 First Roudner for Kolb 
RIP Killer

Post First Roudner for Kolb
http://nflbuzz.yardbarker.com/blog/nflb ... lb/4421214

Seriously, has a guy done less and still be given the starting spot without any competitition?

March 21st, 2011, 10:25 am
RIP Killer

Post Re: First Roudner for Kolb
steensn wrote:
http://nflbuzz.yardbarker.com/blog/nflbuzz/report_one_team_already_willing_to_offer_1st_rounder_for_kolb/4421214

Seriously, has a guy done less and still be given the starting spot without any competitition?

Well if a 1st rounder was on the table you think Philly would have already bit. Seattle is the most logical choice since there pick is later in the round. Think of it this way, who would you rather have - Kolb or Locker? - cause that is what they are looking at. Who has done less?

But I get what you are saying...

March 21st, 2011, 10:38 am
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

I think Kolb has proven given the shot he's not going to be the starting QB that people keep thinking he is. I'd take Locker because I think he at least has a CHANCE to be a solid NFL QB. I honestly do not get the love for Kolb. Watching preseason Vick stood out as a changed man and Kolb just looked like a really good backup. I think Kolb has proven he's no more than a great backup...

March 21st, 2011, 10:44 am
Pop Warner Allstar

Pablo wrote:
steensn wrote:
http://nflbuzz.yardbarker.com/blog/nflbuzz/report_one_team_already_willing_to_offer_1st_rounder_for_kolb/4421214

Well if a 1st rounder was on the table you think Philly would have already bit. Seattle is the most logical choice since there pick is later in the round. Think of it this way, who would you rather have - Kolb or Locker? - cause that is what they are looking at. Who has done less?

I was under the impression that no trades could take place that involve players until the new CBA gets figured out. I could be wrong but I thought that I heard that.

March 21st, 2011, 1:00 pm
In reality I agree with Steen. I wouldn't touch Kolb for more than a 3rd round pick. He is nothing more than a good, developmental 2nd string Qb that MAY have a chance to flourish later in his career if he learns to "get" certain things (pocket presence, field awareness, the ability to read defenses, etc.). He has a decent arm and can make the throws, but he rushes at times, throws picks, takes sacks, etc. He makes "back-up mistakes." I don't think it is "playing time" that is going to help him out, but rather "maturity."

In practicality I agree with Pablo. The bottom line is, for whatever reason, teams are willing to pay for "uncertainty" or even "semi-proven failure" where there is possibility or hope of starting caliber Qb play. It is sort of like buying a really expensive lottery ticket. A team will likely be willing to give up a late first, early second round pick for Kolb, despite his shortcomings and group of work that he's thrown out on the field, for the potential that he "gets it" with their organization and becomes their starting Qb. I wouldn't personally want my team making a play for him, but I understand how/why they do.

March 21st, 2011, 1:39 pm
RIP Killer

I think they aren't allowed to execture but can talk.

I'm just saying if you are willing to spend a 1st on a decent backup, then you are an idiot.

March 21st, 2011, 1:41 pm
RIP Killer

BTW steensn, what is a "First Roudner" anyways?

As for WJB, I don't think Kolb is worth a 1st rounder nor is any QB that the Seahawks might have a chance at at their spot.

March 21st, 2011, 2:10 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

It's better than a 1st Rounder, I'll tell you that!

March 21st, 2011, 2:11 pm
RIP Killer

steensn wrote:
It's better than a 1st Rounder, I'll tell you that!

agreed... :idea:

March 21st, 2011, 2:12 pm
Profile WWW
Pablo wrote:
BTW steensn, what is a "First Roudner" anyways?

As for WJB, I don't think Kolb is worth a 1st rounder nor is any QB that the Seahawks might have a chance at at their spot.

I agree completely, but that doesn't seem to stop teams from selecting these players. Stanton wasn't worth a 2nd. Trent Edwards doesn't look worthy of his draft slot. IMO there are first round Qbs that can come in and play, compete, and start a career, and there are a hole host of developmental Qbs with a grade range of 3rd to 7th round. That said, teams picking late in the first/early second rounds seem to reach for these Qbs that could "maybe" make it, but never seem to.

March 21st, 2011, 2:21 pm
Hall of Fame Player

steensn wrote:
I think they aren't allowed to execture but can talk.

I'm just saying if you are willing to spend a 1st on a decent backup, then you are an idiot.

Sirius NFL Radio had Bill Pollian on today. And he said NFL teams are not even allowed to talk to another team about potential trades right now. So, JUST HOW DID the Eagles get a 1st round offer for Kolb? Will they get sanctioned? Or does that only happen to the Lions when they talk about other teams players?

March 21st, 2011, 6:21 pm
RIP Killer

Hmmm... weird.

March 21st, 2011, 6:32 pm
Rookie Player of the Year

Kolb is worth a first rounder, but that shows how starting-caliber QBs are in short supply. Hell, we could probably get a 2nd or 3rd for S. Hill at this point.

March 21st, 2011, 9:25 pm
RIP Killer

Pablo wrote:
steensn wrote:

Philly can't make the trade, so that's why they haven't bit. This may just be a ploy by Philly to stir up some interest in their available young QB since there's been so much talk about Newton/Gabbert/Mallett lately due to their workouts.

I agree that the only likely team in the first round that may have offered their pick is Seattle. I can't see Jacksonville offering theirs, or anyone higher.

March 22nd, 2011, 8:58 am
RIP Killer

Kolb is nowhere near worth a first round pick. Barely even a low 2nd rounder.

March 25th, 2011, 1:07 pm
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next