View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently August 23rd, 2014, 11:21 am

Reply to topic  [ 400 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 27  Next
 2011 CBA Thread 
RIP Killer

Post Re: 2011 CBA Thread
My gut tells me the owners are going to want to drag this out, the closer to Sept (game checks) this gets, the more the players start to cave. I hope I'm wrong but...

March 10th, 2011, 12:32 pm
Profile WWW
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Pablo wrote:
My gut tells me the owners are going to want to drag this out, the closer to Sept (game checks) this gets, the more the players start to cave. I hope I'm wrong but...

I hope you are wrong too Pablo!

NEVER GIVE UP!

March 10th, 2011, 1:00 pm
Player of the Year - Defense

It can't and won't drag out til September. The Judge that made the ruling on the TV contracts and the Starcaps case won't be a part of it if they wait too long. If there's no agreement soon, expect decertification and anti-trust lawsuit to be filed immediately. If we see an extension tomorrow, then I think they're closing in on a deal. More extensions isn't a bad thing, but they won't keep extending it forever without any progress. In just the last 2 weeks, the money difference has shrunk from $1 Billion the league wants more before the 59.6 percent split in the player's favor to under $700 million. It's getting closer, we just don't know what other, if any, concessions are being made to shrink the gap.

March 10th, 2011, 5:00 pm
QB Coach

The Union issued an ultimatum to the league. They would extend the deadline if they received the last 10 years of financial records by 5:00PM. They did not, so they have filed for decertification. We're headed to court.

March 11th, 2011, 6:44 pm
RIP Killer

Decertification - done.

Now it's a long court battle via lots o lawsuits.

So much for a good 2011 season and hoping that 5 new starters (between FA and the draft), will gel by the time the regular season hits.

March 11th, 2011, 6:45 pm
RIP Killer

Good times...

March 11th, 2011, 7:02 pm
I'd take a Superbowl with replacement players!

:idea: :arrow: :cheers:

March 11th, 2011, 8:41 pm
QB Coach

Quote:
NFL’s summary of its final proposal to the players
Posted by Mike Florio on March 11, 2011, 7:51 PM EST
NFLLogo

[Editor's note: The NFL has released a summary of the final proposal it made on Friday to the NFLPA. The full text of the summary appears below.]

1. We more than split the economic difference between us, increasing our proposed cap for 2011 significantly and accepting the Union’s proposed cap number for 2014 ($161 million per club).

2. An entry level compensation system based on the Union’s “rookie cap” proposal, rather than the wage scale proposed by the clubs. Under the NFL proposal, players drafted in rounds 2-7 would be paid the same or more than they are paid today. Savings from the first round would be reallocated to veteran players and benefits.

3. A guarantee of up to $1 million of a player’s salary for the contract year after his injury – the first time that the clubs have offered a standard multi-year injury guarantee.

4. Immediate implementation of changes to promote player health and safety by

a. Reducing the off-season program by five weeks, reducing OTAs from 14 to 10, and limiting on-field practice time and contact;

b. Limiting full-contact practices in the preseason and regular season; and

c. Increasing number of days off for players.

5. Commit that any change to an 18-game season will be made only by agreement and that the 2011 and 2012 seasons will be played under the current 16-game format.

6. Owner funding of $82 million in 2011-12 to support additional benefits to former players, which would increase retirement benefits for more than 2000 former players by nearly 60 percent.

7. Offer current players the opportunity to remain in the player medical plan for life.

8. Third party arbitration for appeals in the drug and steroid programs.

9. Improvements in the Mackey plan, disability plan, and degree completion bonus program.

10. A per-club cash minimum spend of 90 percent of the salary cap over three seasons.

That sounds like a pretty good deal to me. Looks more and more like the NFLPA just wanted to head to court all along.

March 11th, 2011, 9:19 pm
Veteran General Manager

Are the players insane? That is an improvement over the last deal they had.

I haven't totally caught up on the CBA yet. I have been paying more attention to the Earthquake news.

Did the owners do a "last, best, offer" and that lead to the Union decertification? Or did the owners lock the players out?

March 11th, 2011, 9:54 pm
NFL Team Captain

I'm gonna say it... Screw the the Players and the Union!

Since when is it ok to open your bosses paycheck stub and see what he makes?

Take your millions of dollars, enjoy your profession, live comfortably and SHUT YOUR PIE HOLES!

March 11th, 2011, 9:56 pm
NFL Team Captain

I think it's time that the Fans decertify and show the players and the owners who the real boss is!

March 11th, 2011, 10:36 pm
Veteran General Manager

I think the fans should send a huge message. Everyone should refuse to watch the 1st round of the draft. There are other ways to follow what the Lions are doing. Like 1 person from each fan site monitoring NFL.com draft tracker and then relaying it to that fan site. This limits the hits to NFL.com to a bare minimum and no-one watching gives the NFL extremely poor ratings for the 1st round. This let's the NFL here the fans for maybe the 1st time ever. Then everyone can resume watching 2nd round.

March 11th, 2011, 11:06 pm
5th Round Pick - Traded

Billionaires and millionaires squabbling over how to cut the pie! Just hope this doesn't go on too long. It will wreck next season. I'd like to know how much the Ford family made off of the Lions last season.

March 11th, 2011, 11:12 pm
NFL Team Captain

BillySims wrote:
I think the fans should send a huge message. Everyone should refuse to watch the 1st round of the draft. There are other ways to follow what the Lions are doing. Like 1 person from each fan site monitoring NFL.com draft tracker and then relaying it to that fan site. This limits the hits to NFL.com to a bare minimum and no-one watching gives the NFL extremely poor ratings for the 1st round. This let's the NFL here the fans for maybe the 1st time ever. Then everyone can resume watching 2nd round.

I'm thinking way bigger. I got an email from Roger goodell talking about today's events and I sent a response letting him know that the fans should consider a class action lawsuit against the NFL and the NFLPA for repayment of years of investments that have now gone south. Hey, if the smokers can sue the tobacco company and win, there is no reason to believe we couldn't either?

I'd like to say let's boycott the NFL, but it would be like me saying I won't have sex anymore... aint gonna happen.

March 11th, 2011, 11:56 pm
Player of the Year - Defense

The union stuck by their claim that they wanted transparency. The NFL has been claiming hardships, yet revenues are up. The owners wanted a billion over the top, but eventually came down to $300ish million, but the players still got the same % of the remaining.

Regardless, decertification is a good thing for the fans. As soon as Judge Doty issues the order to prevent a lockout, Free Agency begins. Which could be tomorrow. Decertification means that Litigation happens but everyone goes back to work while its happening. They'll continue to negotiate, but due to the TV rights that the NFL negotiated in their favor and not getting the maximum value incase of a lockout, the NFL has more to lose.

March 12th, 2011, 12:09 am
Reply to topic   [ 400 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 27  Next