View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 24th, 2014, 4:24 pm

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 Plaxico Burress 
RIP Killer

Post Plaxico Burress
He's getting out tomorrow, any chance he is another success story like Vick?

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/commenta ... ant/110603

Not suggesting him for the Lions, we spent a 2nd on a WR so I expect WR isn't on the top of the FA chart. But can he turn things around and become even a role model like Vick? Plax is a LOT older and was further in his career coming back in, not sure how much he has left, but his body surely would have rested up.

June 5th, 2011, 6:21 pm
Team MVP

Post Re: Plaxico Burress
I was kind of wondering the same thing. I think if he goes to the right team he could do great, but thats IF he still has "it". One things for sure, he sure was lookin good before he messed up.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

June 5th, 2011, 9:47 pm
RIP Killer

He's certainly not got the level of talent to wash away all sins though.

June 5th, 2011, 11:03 pm
RIP Killer

Might be worth adding to the roster in the Graphic Violence league...

June 6th, 2011, 4:37 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

What are you trying to get people to do ;)

June 6th, 2011, 4:42 pm
League MVP

steensn wrote:
He's certainly not got the level of talent to wash away all sins though.

aw cummon thats a bit harsh isnt it?
I mean the guys big sin is that he's a dumb sh*t. It's not like he had much in the line of mallice going on..he's just the kinda guy that needs a bigger bulge in his sweatpants. Heck its fair to say it's god's fault he has to stuff his pants in the first place! :lol:

Seriously though, he didnt hurt anyone or anything but his fool self. If he's still fast he'll get another chance. With any luck the wound to his pride will be enough to humble his ignorant self up a bit.

June 6th, 2011, 8:28 pm
RIP Killer

I'm not trying to overstate what he did, it was dumb, not malacious. But teams are scared to take on someone dumb enough to do something like that for good reason. I really don't think what he did was that necessarily evil, but it was dangerous to himself and a lot of others.

June 6th, 2011, 8:34 pm
League MVP

bah! the guys just retarded! he just wanted to pet da rabbits one more time George..thats all! :wink:

My money is on him getting a 1-2 year lowball, incentive laden deal. He'll get offers from a couple of teams..Im thinkin the Bears will probably be one of em.

June 6th, 2011, 8:45 pm
Position Coach

I have a feeling that the Bears will try him out

June 6th, 2011, 9:18 pm
QB Coach

Read an article about how Vick took a year to regain his explosiveness. If it takes him a year to get back in football shape the way it did for Vick he'll be 35 and probably won't have more than a season or two in the tank. I think the Bears are a good fit since they need a big possession type guy. For some reason the Chargers are coming to mind. Jackson and Floyd are both potential free agents so they could need help there. Washington always comes to mind with big name free agents and if Santana Moss doesn't come back they could use a veteran presence at WR.

June 6th, 2011, 9:54 pm
Player of the Year - Defense

I think St. Louis signs him. Spags knows him from NY, and Josh Mcdaniels was on the receiving end of the catch in the Super Bowl. Some of the receiver deficient teams like Washington might make a play for him too.

June 6th, 2011, 10:31 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

steensn wrote:
He's getting out tomorrow, any chance he is another success story like Vick?

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/commenta ... ant/110603

Not suggesting him for the Lions, we spent a 2nd on a WR so I expect WR isn't on the top of the FA chart. But can he turn things around and become even a role model like Vick? Plax is a LOT older and was further in his career coming back in, not sure how much he has left, but his body surely would have rested up.

I would only bring him in if we hired Tressel as some sort of special criminal coaching consultant.

June 10th, 2011, 3:28 am
League MVP

lmao! ouch man! holy harsh!

June 10th, 2011, 3:10 pm
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]