HARD HITTING DETROIT LIONS FORUM
http://www.lionbacker.com/forum/

Report: Jonathan Baldwin hurts wrist in locker room fight
http://www.lionbacker.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=14912
Page 1 of 1

Author:  thelomasbrowns [ August 19th, 2011, 1:50 pm ]
Post subject:  Report: Jonathan Baldwin hurts wrist in locker room fight

Still wish we had hired Pioli over Mayhew? This is just further proof we made the right choice for once.

Quote:
Report: Jonathan Baldwin hurts wrist in locker room fight
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... oom-fight/

Chiefs first round wide receiver Jonathan Baldwin was mysteriously missing from Chiefs practice on Wednesday.

A radio report in Kansas City hinted there may be more to the story, but we passed on mentioning it until more information came out. Well, it’s out now. If Nick Wright of 610 radio in Kansas City is right, the story is a doozy.

Wright reports that Baldwin will likely miss the rest of the preseason after injuring his wrist during a locker room scuffle with teammate Thomas Jones. Baldwin’s work ethic has reportedly been an issue.

“He’s as advertised,” a source tells Wright. “Diva, spoiled, doesn’t wanna listen. Can run a Go and a Slant, and doesn’t wanna work.”

The Chiefs flew to Baltimore on Thursday in preparation for Friday’s preseason game. The team hasn’t said whether Baldwin was on the flight with them.

Baldwin was already struggling in Chiefs camp before this news came out. He looks unlikely to play much early in the year.

Author:  m2karateman [ August 19th, 2011, 2:24 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Report: Jonathan Baldwin hurts wrist in locker room figh

My issue with the Mayhew hiring was that Matt was his "mentor", or at least advertised that way. Little did any of us know that Martin usually had to bite his tongue and would walk away from personnel meeting shaking his head because of the idiocy of the Mustache.

However, despite being perplexed by the Baldwin pick at the time it was made, the Chiefs have had a couple solid drafts under Pioli. If you look at the rest of the picks they made this past draft, it was pretty solid.

He took a team that struggled through a difficult 2009 season, and with a few picks and some consistency in the QB position turned them into a playoff caliber team. Locker room fights happen, and so do mistakes in the first round. Not every pick Pioli made in the first round in New England was a good one that worked out for them.

Author:  thelomasbrowns [ August 19th, 2011, 2:40 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Report: Jonathan Baldwin hurts wrist in locker room figh

m2karateman wrote:
My issue with the Mayhew hiring was that Matt was his "mentor", or at least advertised that way. Little did any of us know that Martin usually had to bite his tongue and would walk away from personnel meeting shaking his head because of the idiocy of the Mustache.

However, despite being perplexed by the Baldwin pick at the time it was made, the Chiefs have had a couple solid drafts under Pioli. If you look at the rest of the picks they made this past draft, it was pretty solid.

He took a team that struggled through a difficult 2009 season, and with a few picks and some consistency in the QB position turned them into a playoff caliber team. Locker room fights happen, and so do mistakes in the first round. Not every pick Pioli made in the first round in New England was a good one that worked out for them.


My main issue with him is the hiring of Haley. Guy is a big-time douche.

Also, his first first round pick, Tyson Jackson, is pretty much considered a bust.

Author:  mwill2 [ August 19th, 2011, 3:11 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Report: Jonathan Baldwin hurts wrist in locker room figh

This should surprise no one. Jonathan Baldwin literally choked his quarterback in the huddle at Pitt. Glad Mayhew steered clear of him--Baldwin's a head case.

Author:  m2karateman [ August 21st, 2011, 3:45 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Report: Jonathan Baldwin hurts wrist in locker room figh

mwill2 wrote:
This should surprise no one. Jonathan Baldwin literally choked his quarterback in the huddle at Pitt. Glad Mayhew steered clear of him--Baldwin's a head case.


The Lions taking Baldwin was never an issue. The question is how Pioli thought this was the right pick. They traded down from the 21st spot, and then took Baldwin, who almost every scout and analyst said was a second round pick, at best. He has all the physical skills of a first rounder, but he was viewed as a diva before the Combines. Once teams interviewed him, my understanding is that he actually secured that status by being arrogant and childish with some teams. This is one of those guys that just doesn't get it, that will never be anything in the NFL. Terrell Owens and Chad Johnson may be show offs and loud mouths, but they had impeccable work ethics and proved it on the field. Baldwin's a head case ala Pacman Jones. Million dollar skills with a ten cent brain.

Author:  Wayne Fontes [ August 22nd, 2011, 9:34 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Report: Jonathan Baldwin hurts wrist in locker room figh

Nuke LaBaldwin

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/