View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 26th, 2014, 1:39 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Nolan forced to dress down ? 
Varsity Benchwarmer

Post Nolan forced to dress down ?
"NFL says Nolan cannot "suit" up.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/chronicle/archive/2005/05/08/SPGDCCLVFJ1.DTL

Not that it's a big deal but IMO it's kind of cool if a coach wants to go old school. I know it's about money, I just didn't realize these guys were clothing models as well as HC's. :nerd:

May 9th, 2005, 8:22 pm
National Champion

I agree. When I first heard that coach Nolan wanted to do that I thought that it was pretty neat. It shows that he thinks outside the box and it's consistent with a certain message that he wants to communicate to his team. I mean, really, did anybody buy that Lions sport shirt simply because Mooch was sporting it on the sidelines? It also says something about how money has taken over the league. If Tom Landry were coaching today, he'd have to wear some ridiculous windbreaker or shirt with a goofy logo? That's sort of sad.

May 9th, 2005, 9:35 pm
Div 1 - Starter

Yeah, God forbid the NFL have any coaches like Jim Tressel making all the other coaches look bad....

Don't get me wrong, I'm Blue through and through, but I gotta give it to Tressel; the guy is a snazzy dresser.

I am also really liking what I've seen/heard this far from Mike Nolan. John York might have finally made a wise move hiring this guy...he better not let him get away like Jim Mora Jr. did.

My favorite day ever as a Lions fan.

Somehow landing the Ndamo-nator would be the second best day ever.

May 9th, 2005, 11:50 pm
QB Coach

Yeah, God forbid the NFL have any coaches like Jim Tressel making all the other coaches look bad....

Don't get me wrong, I'm Blue through and through, but I gotta give it to Tressel; the guy is a snazzy dresser.

I am also really liking what I've seen/heard this far from Mike Nolan. John York might have finally made a wise move hiring this guy...he better not let him get away like Jim Mora Jr. did.

Too bad snazzy dressing doesn't lead to a winning football team...

They were in the ALAMO BOWL last season. Nuff said.

That's the kind of bowl game Michigan State goes to...

May 10th, 2005, 12:33 am
Profile WWW
Div 1 - Starter

Believe me, Brian, I am happy to see the Buckets back where they belong, but they do have the most recent national championship...and Tressel looked snazzy there, too.

May 10th, 2005, 8:01 am
QB Coach

Believe me, Brian, I am happy to see the Buckets back where they belong, but they do have the most recent national championship...and Tressel looked snazzy there, too.

Ahhhh... but we have the most recent Big Ten Championships and Rose Bowl appearances...

Besides... it's hard not to succeed when you get recruits the wrong way and end up with recruiting scandals...

I don't have any beef with Tressel though. But he has a sort of cocky demeanor to him when he is on the sideline with his suit.

May 10th, 2005, 8:37 pm
Profile WWW
Div 1 - Starter

Kettle, Pot.

With C-Webb so recently in town, I'd suspect that you'd be more cognizant of our Wolverines' own proclevities in the improper incentive business....

Yet, I digress back to my vehement distaste for all things Ohio State. I hate Tressel too, even though I still think he's a snappy dresser....

May 10th, 2005, 11:04 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]