View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 20th, 2014, 9:35 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 VS: Chicago this year 
Player of the Year - Offense

Post VS: Chicago this year
This is carried over from another thread, but there are some valid points that I was wondering what others thought about them...

m2k, Gruden and the others were really dogging Gutless, talking about he is a non-leader that really doesn't inspire anyone on offense. Gruden made the comment about how when the rookies were in, you didn't see Gutless over there talking in their ear, trying to help them see the field as they are supposed to. Instead, he sits on the sideline and maintains that nonchalant look.

I wonder if this is a multi-headed issue:

1. He's a primadonna, and expects the NFL to kiss his keister
2. He's in a controlled system, Martz calls the plays, and there are 0 audibles
3. He has a long hold time for plays to develop, which increases his getting hit
4. Factor in a poor OL, now he's really gonna get hit a lot and he can't do anything about it.
5. Receivers are thin, and Captain Brick Fingers is still dropping balls. But those stone phalanges can sure point a first down pretty straight, once in a while.

There offense looks anemic, and they are going to struggle with points as seen last night. Defense and ST are going to have to score for them. I just wish the Lions would of had a shot at Barber, because he would have INSTANTLY blessed us with the ferocity that he's running for the Bears. The LIONS would be absolutely sick, if we had him helping out our backfield

2 Chronicles 10:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

August 24th, 2011, 7:42 am
Pop Warner Allstar

Post Re: VS: Chicago this year
Martz did do better later in the year of mixing in more run plays but his systems have always led to the QB getting hit a lot. The thing we need to remember also is this is preseason and most teams are using the most basic of play books right now to not show anyone anything. Don't get me wrong I don't want Chicago to do well and they caught a lot of breaks last year. I know at least 2 games were gift wrapped and handed to them by the refs. I just think it is to early to predict how any team offense is going to look. Even more so with the lock out this year. Martz system also takes a lot of time to learn for the oline so it going to put the new center and I believe they drafted another olineman also already behind schedule.

I just think it is too early to go they going to be terrible. Though I won't lie I hope they are. After last year and having to hear the chicago fans talking poop to me about the "catch" I want them to be terrible.

The thing that I think that will really hurt Chicago is when Martz is gone and they only have Martz players. We sure know how that is.

August 24th, 2011, 8:54 am
RIP Killer

Post Re: VS: Chicago this year
Darb27 wrote:
Martz did do better later in the year of mixing in more run plays but his systems have always led to the QB getting hit a lot. The thing we need to remember also is this is preseason and most teams are using the most basic of play books right now to not show anyone anything. Don't get me wrong I don't want Chicago to do well and they caught a lot of breaks last year. I know at least 2 games were gift wrapped and handed to them by the refs. I just think it is to early to predict how any team offense is going to look. Even more so with the lock out this year. Martz system also takes a lot of time to learn for the oline so it going to put the new center and I believe they drafted another olineman also already behind schedule.

I just think it is too early to go they going to be terrible. Though I won't lie I hope they are. After last year and having to hear the chicago fans talking poop to me about the "catch" I want them to be terrible.

The thing that I think that will really hurt Chicago is when Martz is gone and they only have Martz players. We sure know how that is.

I understand what you are saying, but the fact is last year was the anomaly for them, not the norm. They had a truly blessed season, but in the playoffs showed they couldn't get it done when it counted. They have taken a step backwards this off-season, not forwards. They had a decent draft, and getting Gabe Carimi to play right tackle will help. But their offensive line without Olin Kreutz is going to have some serious issues. J'Marcuss Webb is a right tackle being asked to play left tackle. When Martz does delve deep into his playbook, those linemen are going to be asked to hold their blocks even longer than they are now. While the G-men didn't get to Cutler that much this past game, that doesn't mean it won't happen that way in the regular season. Combine that with lackluster receivers, a primadona QB, and an aging defense.....I think you see where I'm going. I'd be shocked if Chicago breaks the 8-8 mark. They have a shaky secondary, and nothing exciting at linebacker any longer. If Stephen Paea doesn't work out for them in the middle, they are major league screwed.

August 24th, 2011, 11:13 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]