View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 22nd, 2014, 10:36 pm

Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Tiki Barber 
Hall of Fame Player

Post Tiki Barber
Quote:
NFL | Tiki Barber receiving little interest
Mon, 05 Sep 2011 07:56:14 -0700

Free-agent RB Tiki Barber (Giants) is reportedly devastated that no team gave him a shot at earning a roster spot. "We are flabbergasted that Tiki has not had an opportunity with any team, especially when rosters were at 90 players this year. I certainly thought some team would be intrigued to see what he had left in the tank," said Barber's agent, Mark Lepselter.

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl#ixzz1X5hcao00

Gee Tiki. I guess you shouldn't have retired when you did. Everyone told you that you were screwing up.

September 5th, 2011, 11:10 am
Junior Varsity

Post Re: Tiki Barber
This has to be a huge blow to anyones ego. I imagine he feels much like his wife must have felt when he "went in another direction" like all 32 teams are doing now with regard to his interest in joining the game again. :D

September 5th, 2011, 2:59 pm
RIP Killer

He's old and been out of the game too long, what did he expect?

September 5th, 2011, 5:53 pm
RIP Killer

After what he pulled on his wife (now ex-wife), I say GOOD!!!! I feel no sympathy for him, and I hope he's destitute in a few years.

September 5th, 2011, 7:19 pm
Hall of Fame Player

m2karateman wrote:
After what he pulled on his wife (now ex-wife), I say GOOD!!!! I feel no sympathy for him, and I hope he's destitute in a few years.

He already is destitute. That's why he wants to come back. His brother is tired of supporting him.

September 5th, 2011, 7:51 pm
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

Go away Tiki!

September 5th, 2011, 7:53 pm
RIP Killer

BillySims wrote:
m2karateman wrote:

He already is destitute. That's why he wants to come back. His brother is tired of supporting him.

No, I am talking living under an overpass, pushing around everything he owns in a shopping cart destitute. I'm sure he's not even close to that level yet. But if he's close to that.....GOOD!!

September 6th, 2011, 7:55 am
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

what happened with his wife?

September 7th, 2011, 12:22 am
Player of the Year - Defense

Tiki left his wife for his some young girl when his wife was about to give birth to his twins.

September 7th, 2011, 12:42 am
RIP Killer

Typically I would jump in and say give the guy a chance... but he's to date shown no remorse for those actions...

September 7th, 2011, 10:18 am
Modmin Dude

steensn wrote:
Typically I would jump in and say give the guy a chance... but he's to date shown no remorse for those actions...

Just wondering what those actions have to do with his ability to play football.....(see Vick, Big Ben. etc) :confused:

September 7th, 2011, 10:32 am
QB Coach

TheRealWags wrote:
steensn wrote:

Just wondering what those actions have to do with his ability to play football.....(see Vick, Big Ben. etc) :confused:

My thoughts exactly. Not condoning or excusing his actions in any way, but the bottom line is if a team thought Tiki could help them, they'd sign him. I think he's just too old and teams don't have any reason to believe that he's still a good RB. Age catches up with all of us, Tiki included.

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

September 7th, 2011, 10:34 am
RIP Killer

He did propose to his new girlfriend!

I wouldn't want to offer Tiki a contract until after week one and it isn't guaranteed. Same goes for any other veteran RBs (Westbrook, Portis, etc.).

As for Tiki specifically, he has been out of football a number of years and wan't a great locker room guy to start with, I'd pass and then run away from Tiki (pun intended).

September 7th, 2011, 10:38 am
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

TheRealWags wrote:
steensn wrote:

Doesn't, didn't say I wouldn't take him on a team. But everyone else showed remorse for their actions to date.

September 7th, 2011, 10:42 am
Rookie Player of the Year

Sad to say for one of my favorite positions (call it the Barry effect), but RBs are a dime a dozen these days.

September 7th, 2011, 11:18 am
Reply to topic   [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next