View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently December 18th, 2014, 7:27 am

Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Lions Games Online 
QB Coach

Post Lions Games Online
Since there are those of us who can't see games on t.v., and others have graciously given the known sites that would allow us to watch these games via online, here is a list pulled from another thread.

MODS: Could you sticky this, so it stays where we can find it? Thanks!

http://cutting-edge-streams.com/?page_id=522

http://sportscanner.blogspot.com/

http://howtowatchfootball.com/index.php?topic=30.0

http://www.thesportsnation.piczo.com/?cr=1

http://www.homertv.net/

http://justin.tv

http://stoogetv.com

Best http://atdhe.net

http://channelsurfing.net

http://myp2p.eu

2 Chronicles 10:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

October 19th, 2010, 12:55 pm
Rookie Player of the Year

Post Re: On Line Detroit Games
Keep an eye on the 'streaming thread' of this MB every week--links will show up on Sunday. This is where I go, and it hasn't failed me in 3 or so years: http://www.myp2pforum.eu/nfl-cfl-afl/

Note: for some links, you have to install the small program "Stream Torrent". It's legit and doesn't take a lot of system resources.

October 19th, 2010, 5:01 pm
Div 1 - Starter

Can you watch Lions games that way? Even the ones that are blacked out?

October 20th, 2010, 11:06 pm
RIP Killer

Yes - someone with the game simply streams it to their computer so you can watch.

October 21st, 2010, 8:08 am
Modmin Dude

CNN wrote:
How to stop the Web's live sports pirates
By Mark Milian, CNN
October 29, 2010 1:36 p.m. EDT

(CNN) -- Log onto popular video streaming websites on a Sunday during football season and you can usually find several channels showing decent-quality live feeds of the games.

This has kicked off a frenzied game of Whack-A-Mole for sports leagues bent on eliminating the pirated video feeds.

These rogue video streams could ramp up considerably in the next week during the World Series -- especially since New York area customers of Cablevision Systems don't have a way to watch those games at home because of an ongoing quarrel between that company and News Corp's Fox.

Fox alleged that Cablevision support representatives were referring customers to websites that were illegally broadcasting baseball games, according to a report in the New York Daily News. Cablevision has since offered its subscribersfree access to the legal MLB.com. A spokesman for Major League Baseball didn't return requests for comment.

A number of websites within the internet's sort-of black market are dedicated to sports piracy. Not surprisingly, they aren't playing ball with the leagues.

But the more visible video streaming services are providing pro sports and Hollywood producers with the weapons they need.

Vobile's Content Identification Platform is a popular copyright-protection service in use by many popular video sites, including Ustream and Justin.tv.

It uses a proprietary technology called VideoDNA, which "fingerprints" frames in a stream in order to identify whether someone has uploaded copyrighted materials.

YouTube developed something similar called Content ID. When the system finds a match from a user-submitted clip, it alerts the copyright owners and gives them the option of removing or selling ads on it. In the acidic Viacom-Google lawsuit, the entertainment company applauded YouTube's eventual filtering efforts, it said in a statement.

Unlike Content ID, Vobile's system is being employed to process and identify video on the fly. Illegal streams can get pulled down after just a couple of minutes, said Ustream President Brad Hunstable. Ustream is helping to develop software that could minimize that time to 30 seconds or less, he said.

During the last football season, the National Football League removed more than 2,800 unauthorized streams, NFL spokesman Dan Masonson wrote in an e-mail to CNN.

In addition to staffing folks to utilize the tools provided by the video sites, the NFL has held meetings demanding Web companies develop new tools to deal with copyright infringement, Masonson said.

"The NFL has committed significant resources to combat the proliferation of unauthorized live streams of NFL games," he wrote. "The scope and breadth of piracy of live sports events dictates that the NFL, like other sports organizations, coordinates a multidimensional attack on online piracy."

With the proliferation of live online video last year, Ustream saw an alarming uptick in piracy in 2009, Hunstable said. That's when more tech-savvy people found a way to connect their cable television to a computer in order to pipe quality live video onto the Web.

"We're being incredibly aggressive here," he said of fighting piracy. "We ingest more bits and bytes per second than any website in the world."

Ustream has relationships with the MLB, NFL, Ultimate Fighting Championship and other leagues, Hunstable.

Justin.tv also has "relationships with most of them," said Joseph Wecker, who heads up the money-making efforts for the company. The site processes 36 hours of video per minute, Wecker said. During some major sporting events, Justin.tv finds itself whacking hundreds of streams, he said.

"There were some jokers trying to stream the World Cup," Wecker said. "Some" is an understatement, because that monthlong event was among the busiest times for anti-piracy efforts.

Another phenomenon around the popularity of pirated sports streams involves people who create what's called "spam channels."

These draw viewers with a static image of, say, the Titans game on Sunday. These images trick people with promises of an actual live feed if they click a link. It's usually a way to bait people into clicking ads or promoting a website.

Justin.tv is putting efforts into stopping these. Meanwhile, some leagues have actually adopted this strategy into their anti-piracy efforts, essentially polluting the pool of videos.

Wecker said his company is careful about how cavalier it gets with shutting down streams it presumes are hosting illegal content. The Digital Millennium Copyright Act protects websites that host user-generated content, declaring those companies not liable for infringements.

"Under the DMCA, we're in safe harbor," Wecker said. "The moment we start trying to decide what's OK and what's not, then we lose safe harbor."

But not doing enough to thwart pirated streams can also hurt a video provider, Ustream's Hunstable said. So it's about striking a balance.

"If you don't take copyright seriously, a lot of these companies won't work with you," he said.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/TECH/web/10/29/ ... tml?hpt=T2

October 29th, 2010, 4:22 pm
RIP Killer

Or the stupid stations can start streaming the games themselves and fill it with log-in info, extra features for pay, tons of commercials, even real time in the page. People aren't pirating it because they want to do something wrong with it... they want to pirate if because is is the only available way to get it. If FOX offered me all the Lions games in the season for $50 bucks I'd take it. Instead they can't even get advertising money from me because they don't offer a product for me. One day you would think these geniuses would realize they can make some bank on this stuff online more than they can via broadcast. They aren't even offering services to people they could be. Terrible business decisions... ESPN is starting to get it with their ESPN 3

October 29th, 2010, 4:32 pm
Rookie Player of the Year

If you're out of the country, you can stream video through NFL.com. I remember back in the day you weren't even allowed to stream the Lions radio broadcast--I had to listen to the opposing team's (and pay the NFL a hefty sum at that). Give us live video at a reasonable price and I'll gladly pay it--hell I paid for the Game Rewind this year and I've barely used it.

October 29th, 2010, 4:58 pm
Stadium Announcer

Is there any way to get these links to work around internet security stuff on a college campus?

October 30th, 2010, 12:54 pm
RIP Killer

MLB does it right with Extra Innings AND at.bat. I pay $10 per season to listen to 162 Tigers games from my phone (and every other team's game) AND I even get 1 free game a day to watch live from my phone...usually once every week and a half I get the Tigs.

Of course the NFL wouldn't think about doing anything like that - Sunday Ticket or Sirius NFL Radio is all. I can't listen to the Sirius games from my phone (because Sirius online/phone is terrible and you get like 30% of the channels) and Sunday Ticket is $350 (which I'm a sucker and pay for).

October 31st, 2010, 10:02 am
Stadium Announcer

Thanks for this Guys :cheers:

November 2nd, 2010, 6:20 pm
1st Round Pick

Location: Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 763.18 miles from Ford Field
Post Re: watch the Lions game online?
How about you post it in a topic where there is already a list of games online?

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

December 19th, 2010, 12:35 pm
Profile WWW
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

Thanks, Obama. As if I needed another reason to hate you:
Turf Show Times wrote:
Blackout! Popular streaming sites seized by government
by VanRam on Feb 1, 2011 5:22 PM CST

Online streaming sites that featured NFL games have been seized and shut down.

Rough day for NFL fans. First, a ruling gives the league and owners much better positioning at the bargaining table by ruling that the lockout insurance is legit, and now two popular online video streaming sites have been seized by the U.S. Government.

Channelsurfing.net and Atdhe.net were sites that linked to broadcasts of NFL games and plenty of other television shows. I'm not sure if this applies to Atdhe.net or not, but Channelsurfing.net did not actually host copyrighted material, it embedded from other sites that did so.

Yes, both of these sites operate in a gray area of broadcasting copyright law, "gray area" probably being a little generous. Nevertheless, lots of people used those sites, not that we would ever endorse such behavior, but it is notable and worth comment given just how popular they were.

It's nothing more than coincidence, but what a coincidence it is that these two services get shutdown the same day the NFL won a big decision regarding its own broadcast revenues...and just a few days after the Egyptian government cut off internet access to unsuccessfully quell a peaceful revolution in their country, not popular uprising against tyranny is the same as popular ways around the tyranny of blackouts

http://www.turfshowtimes.com/2011/2/1/1968956/blackout-popular-streaming-sites-seized-by-government

Just click on this link to atdhe.net and see what it says:
http://www.atdhe.net/

February 1st, 2011, 9:10 pm
Player of the Year - Offense

I'm sure by the start of the season there will be another site up and pushing feeds.

February 1st, 2011, 9:15 pm
RIP Killer

Ugg... what a bunch of crap. The NFL needs to figure out how to meet the fan's need other than direct tv.

February 1st, 2011, 11:37 pm
QB Coach

Damn that sucks. Those were the two best sites.

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

February 2nd, 2011, 1:11 am
Reply to topic   [ 53 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next