View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently December 19th, 2014, 8:22 am

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 If the Vikes move to LA, would the Rams join the NFC North? 
Rookie Player of the Year

Post If the Vikes move to LA, would the Rams join the NFC North?
Just wondering...

October 19th, 2011, 11:22 pm
RIP Killer

Post Re: If the Vikes move to LA, would the Rams join the NFC Nor
I think if the Vikings were to move out West, they may or may not shake up the divisions in the NFC. Dallas plays in the Eastern division. They aren't even close to the East coast, but it was kept that way because of the rivalries at the time. If there was a divisional shake up, I think the Rams would be the team most likely to be brought into the North. They could also consider taking a team from the East, like Philly.

NFC East
Atlanta
Washington
NY Giants
Carolina

NFC South
St. Louis
New Orleans
Dallas
Tampa Bay

NFC West
LA Vikings
Seattle
Arizona
San Francisco

NFC North
Detroit
Chicago
Green Bay
Philadelphia

October 20th, 2011, 11:19 am
QB Coach

m2karateman wrote:
I think if the Vikings were to move out West, they may or may not shake up the divisions in the NFC. Dallas plays in the Eastern division. They aren't even close to the East coast, but it was kept that way because of the rivalries at the time. If there was a divisional shake up, I think the Rams would be the team most likely to be brought into the North. They could also consider taking a team from the East, like Philly.

NFC East
Atlanta
Washington
NY Giants
Carolina

NFC South
St. Louis
New Orleans
Dallas
Tampa Bay

NFC West
LA Vikings
Seattle
Arizona
San Francisco

NFC North
Detroit
Chicago
Green Bay
Philadelphia

I can't see removing Dallas and Philly from the East. That gets rid of all the key rivalries in the division. Not to mention the fact that Philly is in the East more than Carolina is, so it really doesn't make much sense. I could see the St. Louis to the North more than anything else. That way there are less rivalries to shake up.

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

October 20th, 2011, 11:21 am
RIP Killer

Touchdown Jesus wrote:
m2karateman wrote:

NFC East
Atlanta
Washington
NY Giants
Carolina

NFC South
St. Louis
New Orleans
Dallas
Tampa Bay

NFC West
LA Vikings
Seattle
Arizona
San Francisco

NFC North
Detroit
Chicago
Green Bay
Philadelphia

I can't see removing Dallas and Philly from the East. That gets rid of all the key rivalries in the division. Not to mention the fact that Philly is in the East more than Carolina is, so it really doesn't make much sense. I could see the St. Louis to the North more than anything else. That way there are less rivalries to shake up.

Understood. But I was thinking of a strictly geographical point of view. Philly is more North than St. Louis, even if they are more East than Carolina.

Sometimes shake ups are good, because rivalries sometimes get old. I'm not saying that is what the NFL should do, but I'm sure it would be a consideration. The travel costs for having three teams forced to travel to LA to face the Vikings would be something that the NFL would have to consider. Also, it gives the Vikings an advantage of facing three teams per season that have to travel that distance and deal with the time zone change.

In the end, as I stated, I don't think the NFL would change anything. The Vikings would stay in the North to maintain the Black and Blue rivalries.

October 20th, 2011, 11:37 am

Wouldn't that be our luck? Right when the Vikes are morphing into the Bucs of yesteryear, they move them out of division. :D

October 20th, 2011, 11:48 am
Player of the Year - Defense

I wonder if they would pull a Browns and keep the Vikings namesake in reserve.

October 22nd, 2011, 12:49 pm
RIP Killer

Blueskies wrote:
I wonder if they would pull a Browns and keep the Vikings namesake in reserve.

Good question. If they move to LA, they should just call them the vagabonds, because they'll move eventually.....

October 22nd, 2011, 1:02 pm
National Champion

i kinda thought the jag's would be more likely to move to LA,

i think the Vikes stay in the region of it's fan base even if that is not Minny
There Are a ton of Vike fans in Iowa..

November 3rd, 2011, 9:56 pm
QB Coach

kskfordfleet wrote:

Well, the recent developments with the Minnesota gov't makes it a lot more likely the team will move.

Also, there's no way the NFL puts a team in Iowa. Why would they do that? The next team that moves will go to LA. It's the 2nd biggest media market in the country. Tons of money & revenue possible there. That doesn't exist in Iowa.

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

November 3rd, 2011, 11:25 pm
Hall of Fame Player

Touchdown Jesus wrote:
kskfordfleet wrote:

Well, the recent developments with the Minnesota gov't makes it a lot more likely the team will move.

Also, there's no way the NFL puts a team in Iowa. Why would they do that? The next team that moves will go to LA. It's the 2nd biggest media market in the country. Tons of money & revenue possible there. That doesn't exist in Iowa.

Agreed. And I will add that LA will be getting 2 teams soon. Vikings and Jags would share the new stadium like the Jets and Giants do.

November 4th, 2011, 9:23 pm

BillySims wrote:
Touchdown Jesus wrote:
kskfordfleet wrote:

Agreed. And I will add that LA will be getting 2 teams soon. Vikings and Jags would share the new stadium like the Jets and Giants do.

I don't know how any city, no matter how big, could support two entirely new teams. Maybe I could see it if one of the teams was San Diego, so it was just a matter of the existing fans traveling a bit further to the games.

November 6th, 2011, 11:34 am
RIP Killer

thelomasbrowns wrote:
I don't know how any city, no matter how big, could support two entirely new teams. Maybe I could see it if one of the teams was San Diego, so it was just a matter of the existing fans traveling a bit further to the games.

The NFL would be STUPID to try and market two teams in Los Angeles. LA fans aren't like New York fans, or Philly fans, or even Detroit fans. They aren't hardcore NFL fans. They are like people in Nebraska....they are more into the college teams. One team in LA might survive. Two would dilute the fan base to a point where neither would survive. It's already been attempted, already failed.

November 7th, 2011, 10:34 am
RIP Killer

La already has a large raider supporter base from the old days

November 7th, 2011, 10:43 am
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]