View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 29th, 2014, 5:58 am

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
 Airport police find O. Smith with kit to beat drug tests 
Pop Warner Rookie

Post Airport police find O. Smith with kit to beat drug tests
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Airport police find O. Smith with kit to beat drug tests
MINNEAPOLIS (AP) ? Vikings running back Onterrio Smith, who has a history of violating the NFL's substance-abuse policy, was briefly detained by airport police last month after they found an elaborate kit used to beat drug tests.
Police at the Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport questioned Smith on April 21 after a search of his bag discovered vials of white powder, according to a police report.

Smith told officers it was dried urine used in conjunction with a device called "The Original Whizzinator." The officer who filed the report wrote that Smith "told me that it was dried urine for making a clean urine test." In addition, he had a bottle of pills labeled "cleansing formula."

Smith told police he was taking the vials to his cousin. The police report didn't say where Smith was traveling. The Star Tribune first reported the story Wednesday.

"We will continue to monitor the situation as we would with any other and evaluate it from there," coach Mike Tice said in a statement Wednesday.

Smith's agent, Douglas Hendrickson, didn't immediately return a message left at his office.

NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said league rules state that failing to cooperate with a drug test was the same as failing it, but he wasn't sure whether there was any penalty for possessing a device designed to beat such a test.

Smith was suspended last season for four games after testing positive for marijuana. It was his second "strike" in the NFL's substance-abuse program. He would earn a yearlong suspension for a third violation.

The report filed April 26 says a tube of toothpaste set off an alarm as a bag Smith was carrying was being scanned. Six or seven vials of white powder were discovered in the bag. Smith was detained, questioned and allowed to leave, the report said.

In 2000, Smith was kicked out of the University of Tennessee for using marijuana. He finished his college career at Oregon. Smith rushed for 579 yards as a rookie and led the Vikings last season with 544 yards.

May 11th, 2005, 5:55 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

What an idiot. If you've been caught that many times, you'd think it would sink in that weed is illegal and can get you into trouble.

May 11th, 2005, 6:38 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Million dollar talent with a ten cent brain=Onterrio Smith.........and a host of other similar athletes.

May 11th, 2005, 8:12 pm
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

Do you think a RB would take steroids?? I don't think he would take the 'roids, but I think maybe some RB's take 'roids. He's probable on coke or pot, most likely coke...

Michael Huff for DROY

May 11th, 2005, 8:47 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Sounds like he takes roids...there is almost no position that it wouldn't help IMO. Hell even a kicker could eek another 5 feet outta their kicks at least on the sauce :?

It also helps you heal more quickly...a huge benefit to a RB. Really it makes more sense IMO for a RB than it does an outfielder LOL :roll:

May 11th, 2005, 8:56 pm
Profile WWW
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

May 11th, 2005, 9:15 pm
Hall of Fame Player

It sounds to me like Onterrio Smith (along with Ricky Williams) are students of the Bob Marley School of Herbal Enlightenment.

Honestly, How important is your 'high' that you would risk your career and all that income for it?

This is the 2nd stupidest thing I've ever heard in my life.

hat36.gif

May 11th, 2005, 10:30 pm
Profile WWW
National Champion

hat36.gif

Is the 1st stupidest thing doing stunts on a motorcycle without a helmet strapped on with little to no experience when millions of dollars hang on abstaining from certain activities, one being riding motorcycles? Then I'd have to agree with you. :lol:

May 12th, 2005, 1:01 am
Hall of Fame Player

LionFan57 wrote:
hat36.gif

Is the 1st stupidest thing doing stunts on a motorcycle without a helmet strapped on with little to no experience when millions of dollars hang on abstaining from certain activities, one being riding motorcycles? Then I'd have to agree with you. :lol:

The 1st stupidest thing I every heard of was King Kong climbing to the top of the Empire State Building... There was no chance of him getting down.

OK, maybe this is now the 3rd stupidest thing I've every heard of.

May 12th, 2005, 5:47 am
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Hell even a kicker could eek another 5 feet outta their kicks at least on the sauce :?

See Todd Sauercrotch - Gotta love the punters on roids.

May 12th, 2005, 7:38 am
Hall of Fame Player

Post Mixing Drugs
Whether it's steroids or pot I don't know...

What I do know is Don't mix Drugs.

May 13th, 2005, 9:16 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Comon Lionsfan...this is a very serious topic...steroid use is outta control...look at how ridiculous this guy is

And not only that reports talk about young girls now taking streroids to get more cut...like it isn't obvious here

May 13th, 2005, 10:08 am
Profile WWW
Hall of Fame Player

It's so nice to see the rest of your body!!

You must really work out a lot.

Thanks also for sharing a picture of your lovely family.

:lol:

May 13th, 2005, 11:16 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin

May 13th, 2005, 11:23 am
Profile WWW
Bubbles the Lion

What I cant believe is that John Riggins, (he hosts the afternoon Blitz on Sirius radio and was the really good power back for the Washington Redskins in the SB), said he had no problem with athletes using steroids. When asked if he didnt feel cheated when he had to go against guys who used, he said he didnt care and to bring it on. No one had the guts to ask him if he used.

Thats all right, Smith is a doper, Green is a wife beater, Farve has his teamtes pissed for opening his mouth, now if we can get Culpepper to do something stupid we might have a chance in the Div.

May 13th, 2005, 4:29 pm
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]