View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 20th, 2014, 1:56 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Boulware Released 
Varsity Captain

Post Boulware Released
With all the injury problems he has had the past year and a half do you think he will make much of an impact this coming season?

http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/BAL/8464062

May 12th, 2005, 12:31 pm
RIP Killer

It's possible that Boulware could be used effectively as a situational pass rusher as a defensive end. I think some of his injury problems were related to his being used as an OLB in the Ravens defensive scheme. He is big enough, IMO, to drop into a down stance as a DE in a 4-3 and be effective. I think as a down lineman his injuries would be reduced.

May 12th, 2005, 12:34 pm
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

I seen this cut happening after they drafted Dan Cody...

Michael Huff for DROY

May 12th, 2005, 4:14 pm
Profile WWW
QB Coach

Has there been any news on Boulware linked with any teams? I know that Cleveland is interested, but he said that he would like to play DE in a 4-3 rather than OLB in a 3-4.

May 12th, 2005, 7:28 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

The Bengals are interested to have him as a OLB in the 3-4.

Bengals: Interested in Boulware
The News
Linebacker Peter Boulware, released by the Ravens Wednesday, could remain in the division as both the Bengals (coached by former Baltimore defensive coordinator Marvin Lewis) and Browns (with ex-Ravens personnel guru Phil Savage calling the shots) have expressed interest.
Our View
Boulware, who hasn't played since late in the 2003 season because of knee and toe injuries, turned down a reported $2 million contract with another $2 million in incentives to remain in Baltimore because he didn't want his role diminished and the Ravens have second-round pick Dan Cody playing essentially the same position. The Bengals have talked to Boulware already, and the Browns won't be far behind as he would be a good fit with the team's new 3-4 scheme and provide some semblance of a pass rush.

May 13th, 2005, 7:32 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]