View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 25th, 2014, 6:15 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Pac-Man a "thug?" 
RIP Killer

Post Pac-Man a "thug?"
Despite looking like Lil' Jon, he's a true NFL player! Alleged Battery!

Titans: Pacman to make court appearance
The News
Cornerback Adam "Pac-Man" Jones, the Titans' first-round pick in last month's NFL draft, is scheduled to appear in a Georgia courtroom Friday regarding an alleged battery charge. The sixth-overall selection was allegedly involved in a scuffle outside an Atlanta area nightclub "Apparently an allegation was made and later withdrawn," Jones' agent told the Nashville City Paper. "I don't believe this has much validity." According to an incident report filed with the police, two women?one allegedly accompanied by Jones?were observed fighting and handcuffed after becoming "loud and boisterous." Jones' agent added that it was possible the accuser would not even appear at the Friday court date, at which a judge would rule whether an arrest warrant should be issued in the case.
Our View
Jones' introduction to the life of an NFL player begins early, as even though it appears he did nothing except bring a girl to a bar he's the one who gets to see his name in headlines and make a court appearance. Then again, given the way the Titans were filling the police blotter this offseason, maybe he felt it was something he needed to do to fit in. Either way, don't expect this minor incident to impact Jones' availability for the Titans this season.

Last edited by conversion02 on May 14th, 2005, 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

May 13th, 2005, 7:36 am
Hall of Fame Player

Post Jones not Totally Out of Trouble?
Quote:
Titans | A. Jones not Totally Out of Trouble? - from www.KFFL.com
Fri, 13 May 2005 16:06:38 -0700

Teresa M. Walker, reports for the Associated Press, Tennessee Titans rookie CB Adam Jones may not be totally out of the clear with a case in Georgia. Georgia authorities are trying to determine whether Jones was involved in a fight last month at a night club, a prosecutor said Friday, May 13. Andrea Akins, a supervisor at the club, told police she was punched in the mouth by a woman who was with Jones. She later said the woman had nothing to do with it. Thursday, May 12 prosecutors in DeKalb County said Akins agreed not to pursue an arrest warrant for Jones. Friday, May 13 Akins' lawyer accused Jones of hitting his client. Attorney Emerson Carey Jr. said his client has been under a lot of stress and still might press charges against the cornerback. There is no mention in the initial police report that Jones hit anyone. Jones' agent, Michael Huyghue, said the woman filed a dismissal on Thursday and that Friday's comment came only from her attorney.

--------------

Let me see if I get this: After she (Akins) found out Jones is a rich CB (or soon to be) then the girl Jones was with didn't hit her; Jones did.

Yeah, right.

May 14th, 2005, 6:52 am
Profile WWW
Varsity Benchwarmer

I think the undersized Pac Man isn't going to be as great as a lot of people think he is. I also see a guy who will have a tough time staying out of trouble.

qtank.gif

May 14th, 2005, 1:34 pm
Hall of Fame Player

I think the undersized Pac Man isn't going to be as great as a lot of people think he is. I also see a guy who will have a tough time staying out of trouble...

I agree with both these statements. However I'm not sure the trouble part, this time, is his fault. But long term I suspect youre right and we'll be reading headlines on Pac-Man again.

Maybe we should have a "Hall of Shame" sticky thread to post news and views on NFL's bad boys. It might surve as a guide of what not to do.

May 16th, 2005, 5:56 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]