View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 16th, 2014, 5:26 am

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
 Double Trouble in Minnesota 
Hall of Fame Player

Post Double Trouble in Minnesota
Vikings | Williams to Skip Minicamp? - from www.KFFL.com
Fri, 13 May 2005 05:25:12 -0700

The Pioneer Press reports Minnesota Viking CB Brian Williams may not attend the team's voluntary minicamp next week. He's not happy the team signed CB Fred Smoot.

AND

Vikings | Chavous to Skip Minicamp? - from www.KFFL.com
Fri, 13 May 2005 05:20:24 -0700

The Pioneer Press reports Minnesota Vikings S Corey Chavous may not attend the team's voluntary minicamp next week. He apparently is not happy with his contract.

----------------------->

Talk about a group of prima donna's. I thought most of this would be over once Randy Moss was gone.

May 13th, 2005, 9:42 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Randy Moss, Onterio Smith...now these guys. Sounds like character was the last thing they used as criteria when draft/signing guys.

If only they could learn from Coach Tice about integrity...

...hold I have to take this call...

"Yeah Mike, I would like two tickets around the 50 at the 2006 Super Bowl...can you swing that?"

Sorry about that what was I saying? Oh yeah the players need to look to Mike Tice for guidance in making good decisions

:roll:

May 13th, 2005, 9:50 am
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

This isn't surprising IMO. Williams is pissed because they signed Smoot and he won't start. Deep down, I think that if he tries holding out in training camp, he'll get traded or cut. Williams isn't a great talent and could be replaced.

Chavious, he's not good enough to warrant more money IMO.

May 13th, 2005, 9:58 am
Site Admin

I like the fact that they are pissing away their depth :D

May 13th, 2005, 10:03 am
Profile WWW
Hall of Fame Player

This isn't surprising IMO. Williams is pissed because they signed Smoot and he won't start. Deep down, I think that if he tries holding out in training camp, he'll get traded or cut. Williams isn't a great talent and could be replaced. ....

So my question is...

Would Fernando Bryant act the same way if the Lions brought in Ty Law? (Which, IMO is unlikely but still very possible).

I'd love to think that everyone (after Bly) slides down a notch and there would be plenty of playing time for Bly, Law and Bryant.

But how would he react?

May 13th, 2005, 11:41 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin

If they brought in Ty I could see Bryant moving to safety :-k

May 13th, 2005, 1:16 pm
Profile WWW
Modmin Dude

Is Bryant a hard enough hitter to be safety???

May 13th, 2005, 1:39 pm
RIP Killer

Bryant isn't physical enough to play safety, nor does he have the frame to withstand the punishment. Bryant would most likely become a high priced nickle corner, but that would be decided in camp. Law could be moved to safety, but in all likelihood would balk at the idea of switching positions.

I expect Law to end up in Miami.

May 13th, 2005, 1:52 pm
Pro Bowl Player

The Lions would HAVE to make him a JUNE 1rst casualty to be able to afford Ty Law IMHO, and Holt should get the start at FS,

CB -Dre Bly

SS- Kenoy Kennedy FS - Terrence Holt

LB Boss Bailey, Earl Holmes, teddy Lehman

Cory Redding, Shaun Rogers, Dan Wilkinson, James Hall

Not a bad D at all! add Ty Law opposite Dre Bly I like our chances to take the north crown

May 13th, 2005, 2:17 pm
Profile WWW
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

I do love to see other teams (especialy teams in the north) have players with contract disbutes.....

May 13th, 2005, 2:53 pm
Hall of Fame Player

theAlphaMale wrote:

Is Bryant a hard enough hitter to be safety???

Would you start Bryant at Free Safety over Terrence Holt? I'm not sure he's big enough or hit's hard enough.

May 13th, 2005, 3:01 pm
Profile WWW
Varsity Captain

Im pretty sick of hearing about moving bryant to fs, it just wouldnt work out. He got hurt last year playing corner I dont want to see him playing safety, even more so because I really want to see what Holt can do playing full time. Bryant was a solid corner in Jacksonville lets see if he can regain his old form this season at corner.

May 14th, 2005, 6:26 pm
QB Coach

Im pretty sick of hearing about moving bryant to fs, it just wouldnt work out.

I'm getting sick of any idea of moving people to FS... Let people play the positions they are meant to play. If the Lions really wanted a FS, they could have drafted one.

May 14th, 2005, 7:33 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylc=X ... type=story
Say It Ain't So
Viking Update Staff - Scout.com
May 14, 2005 at 4:36am ET

According to a national source, Vikings DB Corey Chavous is a June 1 salary cap casualty. According to a team source, Chavous may be a little salty about "settling" for $1.9 million. Whether or not that's true will be determined Monday.

On draft weekend, a suspicious commentary on the selection of defensive back Dustin Fox was "analyzed" by a national publication's draft website -- saying the Vikings were prepared to cut loose Corey Chavous . A quick "hey, you" to the assembled masses in the media war room dismissed that rumor.

But, as the next developmental camp is set to begin Monday, VU has been told that the report might be correct - but not for the reason one would think. Apparently, Chavous wants more than the $1.9 million he is currently due. If that's the case, the writer may be right. If Chavous decides to make an issue of his contract, the team will move on.

With Brian Russell gone and little in the way of serious depth, Chavous is playing a dangerous game if he tries to push the buttons on the organization. It's a "no-win" situation that could make a Nostradamus out of a moron. Show up, Corey.

SATURDAY NOTES
** Brian Williams still hasn't signed his $1.43 million one-year tender. Options? That's up to his agent. Expect to see a signing soon. No need being the example for the rest of the team to quake about.
** Daunte Culpepper will be honored Tuesday, Sept. 13 with the Congressional Caucus on Adoption Award in Washington D.C. VU applauds the honor and hopes that Daunte's mom is treated with equal or more respect.

May 14th, 2005, 11:29 pm
Hall of Fame Player

Quote:
Vikings | Chavous a No-show - from www.KFFL.com
Mon, 16 May 2005 18:36:58 -0700

The Associated Press' Jon Krawczyski reports Minnesota Vikings S Corey Chavous, as expected, was a no-show at the first day of developmental camp Monday, May 16. He is not happy with his contract situation.

And...

Quote:
Vikings | B. Williams a No-show - from www.KFFL.com
Mon, 16 May 2005 18:36:17 -0700

The Associated Press' Jon Krawczyski reports Minnesota Vikings CB Brian Williams, as expected, was a no-show at the first day of developmental camp Monday, May 16. Williams is not happy with his contract situation.

The Vikings are, on paper, an exceptional team this year. But they can't seem to avoid drama and that won't help them at all.

But, as it turns out - it helps us.

May 16th, 2005, 10:12 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]