View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 31st, 2014, 3:11 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Off-season moves........ 
Modmin Dude

Post Off-season moves........
PFT wrote:
Jason Smith faces the chopping block in St. Louis
Posted by Mike Florio on January 18, 2012, 9:32 AM EST

The Rams have had plenty of high picks in the past few years. Some have worked out, some did at first but then didn’t (but still could).

One has been a major disappointment.

Jason Smith, the second overall selection in the 2009 draft, has appeared in only 29 of 48 games. And when he has played, he hasn’t played in noteworthy fashion.

Drafted as a left tackle, Smith has landed on the right side. He soon will be landing on waivers, unless he agrees to a dramatic reduction in his salary.

Per a league source, Smith will face the time-honored take-a-pay-cut-or-take-a-hike ultimatum in the offseason, given that (per NFLPA records) Smith is due to earn a base salary of $10 million in 2012. With only $1 million of it guaranteed, the Rams won’t hesitate to dump Smith, if he won’t dump much of his scheduled pay.

In 2011, Smith received $8.5 million in base salary, as part of the windfall previously given to unproven players taken at the top of the draft.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... -st-louis/

January 18th, 2012, 10:43 am
Post Re: Off-season moves........
I don't know that he's an upgrade over anything we already have. He's been a disappointment in every sense of the word thus far. That said, just like everyone else, if he can fit somewhere on our squad I'd take him for the right price.

January 18th, 2012, 5:58 pm
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

i think he could help, basically no RT or G deserves that salary unless they are truly dominant. if he gets cut, he ll sign on with someone else who will pay him much less and try him out at RT or G and still hold out hope that he could play LT at some point in the future

January 18th, 2012, 6:53 pm
RIP Killer

It worked for Robert gallery

January 19th, 2012, 3:15 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]