View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 30th, 2014, 3:21 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Cam Newton 
Pop Warner Rookie

Post Cam Newton
This question came up yesterday here in Carolina land.

Is Cam Newton right now a TOP 5 NFL QB?

I said no with that
Rodgers
Brees
Brady
Roethlisberger
Eli Manning as my top 5 (Eli was a close one though)

So was curious what the people here thought.

Course one of the "fans" talking Newton up thinks that Tebow is a better QB than Stafford so take it for what it's worth.

“If this is going to be a Christian nation that doesn't help the poor, either we have to pretend that Jesus was just as selfish as we are, or we've got to acknowledge that He commanded us to love the poor and serve the needy without condition and then admit that we just don't want to do it.”
-Stephen Colbert-

December 28th, 2011, 7:23 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Post Re: Cam Newton
No.

Hint: He isnt Top 10 either. He probably will be next season though.

December 28th, 2011, 9:35 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
League MVP

I wouldnt be surprised if Newton regressed a little next season. I dont see him as a top 5 QB yet, he can throw well but his big strength is making plays whether pass or run after the called pass play has broken down. Teams will adjust more by playing contain w there DL and maybe blitzing up the middle or just sitting in a zone. Steve Smith doesnt have much of his prime left and Newton needs some better weapons around him as defenses adjust to him. I think the Panthers have an awful defense and will need to commit some major resources to improve that part of their team before they make major additions to the offense but perhaps moving Deangelo Williams or Stewart for a WR and going w just one of those RBs + Mike Goodson would be a good start

December 29th, 2011, 12:14 am
1st Round Pick

Location: Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 763.18 miles from Ford Field
The Legend wrote:
I wouldnt be surprised if Newton regressed a little next season. I dont see him as a top 5 QB yet, he can throw well but his big strength is making plays whether pass or run after the called pass play has broken down. Teams will adjust more by playing contain w there DL and maybe blitzing up the middle or just sitting in a zone. Steve Smith doesnt have much of his prime left and Newton needs some better weapons around him as defenses adjust to him. I think the Panthers have an awful defense and will need to commit some major resources to improve that part of their team before they make major additions to the offense but perhaps moving Deangelo Williams or Stewart for a WR and going w just one of those RBs + Mike Goodson would be a good start

This.

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

December 31st, 2011, 3:37 am
Profile WWW
National Champion

Panthers' Newton headed for Hawaii after Giants beat Niners

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8 ... eat-niners

I've looked it over and I can't find a single reason that Newton was in the Probowl over Stafford. Not one. Stafford beat Newton in every catagory including number of team wins and a victory in a head-to-head game.

Not to change the topic, but the Pro Bowl is a sham...

January 23rd, 2012, 2:17 pm
1st Round Pick

Location: Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 763.18 miles from Ford Field
Hystrix wrote:
Panthers' Newton headed for Hawaii after Giants beat Niners

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8 ... eat-niners

I've looked it over and I can't find a single reason that Newton was in the Probowl over Stafford. Not one. Stafford beat Newton in every catagory including number of team wins and a victory in a head-to-head game.

Not to change the topic, but the Pro Bowl is a sham...

It's a sham and flat out BORING!

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

January 24th, 2012, 2:01 am
Profile WWW
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

Nurosa wrote:
This question came up yesterday here in Carolina land.

Is Cam Newton right now a TOP 5 NFL QB?

I said no with that
Rodgers
Brees
Brady
Roethlisberger
Eli Manning as my top 5 (Eli was a close one though)

So was curious what the people here thought.

Course one of the "fans" talking Newton up thinks that Tebow is a better QB than Stafford so take it for what it's worth.

Do you listen to those annoying guys from Charlotte on the radio? Taylor and Marc, I think? God I hate their show but it's the only sports talk on the air in Greensboro. Anyway, those guys, and Panther fans in general are so delusional. Newton had a great rookie season but some of their callers were legitimately discussing Newton as the 4th best QB after Brady, Brees, and Rodgers.

Of course they are doubly delusional for blaming John Fox for the team's struggles over the past two seasons when the owner publicly admitted tanking the 2011 season. Hey Panther fans, guess what John Fox was doing in mid-January this year? WINNING A PLAYOFF GAME in his first year with a lousy QB.

Anyway, no Cam is not top 5 and probably not top 10 in my book. I could see that changing but I want to see more than one great season. Sam Bradford looked like a top 10 QB after his rookie season but he couldn't sustain that success in year 2.

January 24th, 2012, 12:13 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]