View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 26th, 2014, 12:08 am

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Bears trade for Brandon Marshall 
Team MVP

Post Bears trade for Brandon Marshall
Uh oh. Looks like we have another good receiver in the NFC North that we have to cover.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

March 13th, 2012, 4:00 pm
Rookie Player of the Year

Post Re: Bears trade for Brandon Marshall
Uh oh is right.

March 13th, 2012, 4:06 pm
Player of the Year - Defense

He's not a speed guy, he just breaks tackles. Its the reason Schwartz has been targeting the corners we have. Barron pick would make sense now.

He's also had 51 drops over last few years, which is most in NFL.

March 13th, 2012, 4:11 pm
Team MVP

njroar wrote:
He's not a speed guy, he just breaks tackles. Its the reason Schwartz has been targeting the corners we have. Barron pick would make sense now.

It made sense before. But REALLY does now.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

March 13th, 2012, 4:13 pm
Hall of Fame Player

The bigger news in this is that Miami has just cleared the decks for a package deal for P. Manning and Dallas Clark and Reggie Wayne, OR, they have given that hope up. But, that wouldn't make any sense. If they lose out on Manning, they are expected to be major players for Matt Flynn. And they just traded away their best WR? I suspect Manning is about to sign with Miami.

March 13th, 2012, 5:34 pm
Hall of Fame Player

kdsberman wrote:
njroar wrote:

Yeah. Well, the Bears have about $35M available and you can bet your rectum they are going after Mario Williams to match him up with Julius Peppers. So, we had better draft superman to play LT, RT, and Center.

March 13th, 2012, 5:37 pm

BillySims wrote:
kdsberman wrote:
njroar wrote:

Yeah. Well, the Bears have about $35M available and you can bet your rectum they are going after Mario Williams to match him up with Julius Peppers. So, we had better draft superman to play LT, RT, and Center.

Except that Mario is meeting with Bills and Mario has already priced himself out of Bears, so we lucked out in that regard.

March 13th, 2012, 5:56 pm
Hall of Fame Player

njroar wrote:
BillySims wrote:
kdsberman wrote:
njroar wrote:

Except that Mario is meeting with Bills and Mario has already priced himself out of Bears, so we lucked out in that regard.

Apparently you overlooked the part where I said the Bears have $35Million available to them under the cap. There is no way on Earth Mario has priced himself out of Chicago.

Mario is visiting Buffalo only to use them for bumping his price up. There is no stinking way that Mario Williams will sign with Buffalo.

March 13th, 2012, 6:00 pm

BillySims wrote:
njroar wrote:
BillySims wrote:
kdsberman wrote:
njroar wrote:

Apparently you overlooked the part where I said the Bears have $35Million available to them under the cap. There is no way on Earth Mario has priced himself out of Chicago.

Mario is visiting Buffalo only to use them for bumping his price up. There is no stinking way that Mario Williams will sign with Buffalo.

I didn't over look it. They were at $28 million before Marshall and he carries an $11 million hit this year dropping them to $17 million which is half of what Buffalo has. All reports out of Chicago are they have dropped out of the race for Mario Williams.

March 13th, 2012, 6:07 pm
Hall of Fame Player

njroar wrote:
BillySims wrote:
njroar wrote:
BillySims wrote:
kdsberman wrote:
njroar wrote:

I didn't over look it. They were at $28 million before Marshall and he carries an $11 million hit this year dropping them to $17 million which is half of what Buffalo has. All reports out of Chicago are they have dropped out of the race for Mario Williams.

I don't believe it. But, we will see. I don't know where you got your cap info from. But, Pat Kirwan said they still have $35M after the Marshall deal. Time will tell.

March 13th, 2012, 6:16 pm
Mr. Irrelevant

I was somewhat of a fan of Miami until this. I was hoping for Manning to go to them but now I kinda don't and I hope both of those 3rd rounders turn into Brain Calhouns and Stanley Wilsons for them.

March 13th, 2012, 7:36 pm
QB Coach

Marshall in Chicago is not good news for us. We had secondary issues and now get to face another really good WR. He gives the Bears the #1 they have been lacking and allows the rest of that group to slide into more natural roles. If Knox is healthy, him Bennett and Marshall should go well together.

March 13th, 2012, 7:49 pm
Mr. Irrelevant

Not to mention he reunites with jay gutless. . .

March 13th, 2012, 11:35 pm
NFL Team Captain

Brandon Marshall - is over rated. The best thing he has going for him, is his size and uncanny knack for breaking tackles. The way we tackled the second half of the season, definitely makes me nervous, hopefully we address that in a big way.

Personally, I think the Bears will be a little disappointed with their acquisition.

March 13th, 2012, 11:50 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

He's better than Roy Williams. Hopefully they lose games early and implode.

March 14th, 2012, 12:00 am
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next