View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 17th, 2014, 11:28 pm

Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Our Draft vs. NFC North 
RIP Killer

Post Re: Our Draft vs. NFC North
I.E. wrote:
Haha on the Marinelli jokes. I suppose he could deserve some razzing from Lions fans ... but who's the joke - him or who hired him? The Bucs and Bears fans think he's at least pretty good at what they've asked him to do.

Anyway... Perry's OK but can be kind of a stiff. He wasn't an every down player in college from what I've seen - so measure all you want, I guess. The Bears new GM said McClellan graded out for them higher than every other player on the board at the 19th pick. So I guess we'll see when they play.

People see what they want to see in the draft. That's for certain.

I never said McClellin won't be a good player. And different teams grade players differently. I don't think Ryan Broyles should have been taken by the Lions in round two. But, according to the Detroit front office, he was the highest player on their board at that pick. I can only go by what I saw at the Combine workouts. I remember McClellin looking pretty good, but Perry really stood out with his athleticism. Does that mean Perry's automatically a better player? No, not hardly.

May 7th, 2012, 8:42 pm
Walk On

Yeah... also the weird thing about the Packers draft is, even though they got some coveted players... they are all kind of odd fits in the Packer's system. It looks like they drafted a 4-3 end and under tackle ... wonder if they're covertly moving back to a 4-3! lol

May 7th, 2012, 9:15 pm
RIP Killer

I.E. wrote:
Yeah... also the weird thing about the Packers draft is, even though they got some coveted players... they are all kind of odd fits in the Packer's system. It looks like they drafted a 4-3 end and under tackle ... wonder if they're covertly moving back to a 4-3! lol

I think both Perry and Worthy can fit their system. I don't think they were nearly as outlandish as the Bruce Irvin pick.

May 8th, 2012, 10:45 am
Modmin Dude

I.E. wrote:
People see what they want to see in the draft. That's for certain.
QFT

Joe Fauria, MVP!

May 8th, 2012, 11:23 am
Reply to topic   [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3