HARD HITTING DETROIT LIONS FORUM
http://www.lionbacker.com/forum/

Junior Seau Dead; Cops Investigating Shooting
http://www.lionbacker.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=15814
Page 1 of 3

Author:  TheRealWags [ May 2nd, 2012, 2:21 pm ]
Post subject:  Junior Seau Dead; Cops Investigating Shooting

TMZ wrote:
Junior Seau Dead; Cops Investigating Shooting
NFL legend Junior Seau was found dead in his home in Oceanside, CA ... and cops are investigating a shooting ... multiple law enforcement sources tell TMZ.

Cops are currently at Seau's home just outside San Diego. Seau was 43-years-old ... and leaves behind 3 kids and an ex-wife.

Seau was a beast in the NFL -- skyrocketing to fame thanks to his explosive play with the San Diego Chargers, Miami Dolphins and New England Patriots. The USC standout was selected in the first round of the NFL draft in 1990 and played in the league for 20 years.

Seau was involved in a car accident back in 2010 when he drove his SUV off a cliff in Carlsbad, CA hours after he was arrested for allegedly attacking his girlfriend. Seau later said he was not trying to kill himself ... insisting he had fallen asleep at the wheel.

http://www.tmz.com/2012/05/02/junior-se ... 6F6UlL_leQ
No words. RIP Junior. Thoughts & prayers to his family.

Author:  TheRealWags [ May 2nd, 2012, 2:22 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Junior Seau Dead; Cops Investigating Shooting

MSNBC wrote:
Police at Home of Former Chargers Star: Report

Police activity has been spotted outside the home of Junior Seau, former Chargers according to a published report.

Officers responded to the home of the 43-year-old former Pro Bowler in the 600 block of South Strand Boulevard just before 11 a.m. Wednesday.

Our media partners the North County Times reported news from a source that Seau had committed suicide.

However, the medical examiner's office told NBCSanDiego they could not confirm or deny the report. They said they have no information regarding the police activity outside the home.

In October 2010, Seau sustained injuries when his SUV crashed at the bottom of a Carlsbad cliff.

Oceanside police arrested Seau on a felony domestic violence charge.

Then, hours after his release from custody, Seau was found behind the wheel of an SUV that had crashed over a cliff onto the beach below.

Check back for updates to this developing story.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/47266214#.T6F7O1L_leQ

Author:  wjb21ndtown [ May 2nd, 2012, 2:26 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Junior Seau Dead; Cops Investigating Shooting

Wow, what a shame. By all accounts that I've heard, and from what I've seen from him he was a great person as well as a great athlete. Probably some stupid robbery gone bad or something ridiculous. Disgusting.

Author:  wjb21ndtown [ May 2nd, 2012, 2:27 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Junior Seau Dead; Cops Investigating Shooting

TheRealWags wrote:
MSNBC wrote:
Police at Home of Former Chargers Star: Report

Police activity has been spotted outside the home of Junior Seau, former Chargers according to a published report.

Officers responded to the home of the 43-year-old former Pro Bowler in the 600 block of South Strand Boulevard just before 11 a.m. Wednesday.

Our media partners the North County Times reported news from a source that Seau had committed suicide.

However, the medical examiner's office told NBCSanDiego they could not confirm or deny the report. They said they have no information regarding the police activity outside the home.

In October 2010, Seau sustained injuries when his SUV crashed at the bottom of a Carlsbad cliff.

Oceanside police arrested Seau on a felony domestic violence charge.

Then, hours after his release from custody, Seau was found behind the wheel of an SUV that had crashed over a cliff onto the beach below.

Check back for updates to this developing story.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/47266214#.T6F7O1L_leQ



Ouch

Author:  Pablo [ May 2nd, 2012, 2:40 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Junior Seau Dead; Cops Investigating Shooting

RIP Jr.

Author:  Touchdown Jesus [ May 2nd, 2012, 2:50 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Junior Seau Dead; Cops Investigating Shooting

Sad story. I think he's had some psychological/mental issues since he left the game. Allegedly tried to commit suicide by driving his SUV over a cliff a while back. Seems he may have finished the job this time.

Author:  kdsberman [ May 2nd, 2012, 3:12 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Junior Seau Dead; Cops Investigating Shooting

That is shocking news. Very disappointing.

Author:  Pablo [ May 2nd, 2012, 3:31 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Junior Seau Dead; Cops Investigating Shooting

wjb21ndtown wrote:
Wow, what a shame. By all accounts that I've heard, and from what I've seen from him he was a great person as well as a great athlete. Probably some stupid robbery gone bad or something ridiculous. Disgusting.


Honestly, I'm guessing he shot himself. I would also guess he shot himself in the chest on purpose, to preserve his brain so examiners can look at the effects of CTE. This would just become another black mark on the NFL as far as head injuries is concerned. I hope I'm wrong, either way it is very sad.

Author:  wjb21ndtown [ May 2nd, 2012, 3:32 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Junior Seau Dead; Cops Investigating Shooting

Pablo wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
Wow, what a shame. By all accounts that I've heard, and from what I've seen from him he was a great person as well as a great athlete. Probably some stupid robbery gone bad or something ridiculous. Disgusting.


Honestly, I'm guessing he shot himself. I would also guess he shot himself in the chest on purpose, to preserve his brain so examiners can look at the effects of CTE. This would just become another black mark on the NFL as far as head injuries is concerned. I hope I'm wrong, either way it is very sad.


Yea, that's what it's looking like. I wrote that before the suicide reports came out. Sad.

Author:  Pablo [ May 2nd, 2012, 4:04 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Junior Seau Dead; Cops Investigating Shooting

wjb21ndtown wrote:
Pablo wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
Wow, what a shame. By all accounts that I've heard, and from what I've seen from him he was a great person as well as a great athlete. Probably some stupid robbery gone bad or something ridiculous. Disgusting.


Honestly, I'm guessing he shot himself. I would also guess he shot himself in the chest on purpose, to preserve his brain so examiners can look at the effects of CTE. This would just become another black mark on the NFL as far as head injuries is concerned. I hope I'm wrong, either way it is very sad.


Yea, that's what it's looking like. I wrote that before the suicide reports came out. Sad.


Hadn't heard suicide reports are out, but given that he tried to kill himself before that seemed like a strong potential.

Author:  wjb21ndtown [ May 2nd, 2012, 4:09 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Junior Seau Dead; Cops Investigating Shooting

Pablo wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
Pablo wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
Wow, what a shame. By all accounts that I've heard, and from what I've seen from him he was a great person as well as a great athlete. Probably some stupid robbery gone bad or something ridiculous. Disgusting.


Honestly, I'm guessing he shot himself. I would also guess he shot himself in the chest on purpose, to preserve his brain so examiners can look at the effects of CTE. This would just become another black mark on the NFL as far as head injuries is concerned. I hope I'm wrong, either way it is very sad.


Yea, that's what it's looking like. I wrote that before the suicide reports came out. Sad.


Hadn't heard suicide reports are out, but given that he tried to kill himself before that seemed like a strong potential.



It's just sites like TMZ speculating, but that's where it looks like the "unofficial" story is going.

Author:  Lions2SB2 [ May 2nd, 2012, 4:59 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Junior Seau Dead; Cops Investigating Shooting

Sounds like a suicide. :cry:

Author:  TheRealWags [ May 2nd, 2012, 5:02 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Junior Seau Dead; Cops Investigating Shooting

wjb21ndtown wrote:
Pablo wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
Pablo wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
Wow, what a shame. By all accounts that I've heard, and from what I've seen from him he was a great person as well as a great athlete. Probably some stupid robbery gone bad or something ridiculous. Disgusting.


Honestly, I'm guessing he shot himself. I would also guess he shot himself in the chest on purpose, to preserve his brain so examiners can look at the effects of CTE. This would just become another black mark on the NFL as far as head injuries is concerned. I hope I'm wrong, either way it is very sad.


Yea, that's what it's looking like. I wrote that before the suicide reports came out. Sad.


Hadn't heard suicide reports are out, but given that he tried to kill himself before that seemed like a strong potential.



It's just sites like TMZ speculating, but that's where it looks like the "unofficial" story is going.

FWIW-Granted it may have been first reported (at that I saw) by TMZ, but there have been plenty of other media outlets reporting the possible suicide.

Author:  modninerfan [ May 2nd, 2012, 6:00 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Junior Seau Dead; Cops Investigating Shooting

incredibly saddened after hearing it on the news :(

RIP Seau...

Author:  LionFan57 [ May 2nd, 2012, 6:01 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Junior Seau Dead; Cops Investigating Shooting

Such a shame. He was an active, classy guy in his community too. He did so much to help others.

My heart goes out to his family.

Page 1 of 3 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/