View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 20th, 2014, 4:37 am

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 And we think CRog's 2 missed seasons are bad... 
RIP Killer

Post And we think CRog's 2 missed seasons are bad...
Texans: Joppru could miss third straight season
The News
Texans hard-luck tight end Bennie Joppru suffered what appears to be a torn ACL during Monday's workout, which could mean a third straight season on injured reserve. Joppru was injured attempting to make a cut during an on-field coaching session and had to be helped from the field. An MRI is scheduled for today.
Our View
The Texans' second-round pick in 2003 has missed each of his first two NFL seasons with a lingering groin injury. He was expected to contend for a starting job during training camp, as the former Michigan Wolverine offers a blocking-pass catching combo unmatched by the Texans' other tight ends.

May 18th, 2005, 5:18 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

I saw that on the news here. Being a BIG BLUE fan that I am that's sad to hear for the guy.

NEVER GIVE UP!

May 18th, 2005, 6:21 pm
Varsity Captain

I saw that as well, but I still feel much worse about chuck. I live in CT and for the last three years I have said how good Charly will be and I cant deal with the backlash anymore.

May 18th, 2005, 11:54 pm
RIP Killer

I saw that as well, but I still feel much worse about chuck. I live in CT and for the last three years I have said how good Charly will be and I cant deal with the backlash anymore.

Simple solution..........move.

May 19th, 2005, 8:46 am
Site Admin

Yeah let's not count Chucky Brittle Whole just yet... :roll:

May 19th, 2005, 8:55 am
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Alpha's laying some smack all over this forum today.

What's wrong Alpha, you got PMS?

May 19th, 2005, 9:46 am
Site Admin

I need some chocolate :lol:

Could be stress I suppose...I have an exam tonight, just finished a research paper, I have another exam Monday and then there's work #-o Damn...I am sounding menstral :?

May 19th, 2005, 9:51 am
Profile WWW
Pro Bowl Player

If it werent for Joppru and Kellen Winslow I ll feel worse about Chucky... so far history is repeating itself and that scares me :shock:

May 19th, 2005, 12:09 pm
Profile WWW
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

:finger: don't talk to me...

I need some chocolate :lol:

Could be stress I suppose...I have an exam tonight, just finished a research paper, I have another exam Monday and then there's work #-o Damn...I am sounding menstral :?

While the rest of the world loves spring....college student feel the stress of crunch time. Good luck.

May 19th, 2005, 12:15 pm
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

Pastabelly, in one of his best columns that I have read:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/s ... id=2063881

May 19th, 2005, 7:19 pm
RIP Killer

"Chances are that, provided the opportunity, Savage and Crennel would have punctured the inflated Winslow ego. Unfortunately, a concrete curb in a Westlake, Ohio, parking lot, where Winslow was motorcycling in indisputable breach of his contract, beat them to it."

CLASSIC! That's a great article. But, wasn't "The Chosen One" the 6th overall pick and not the 5th? Sorry Pasquerelli, I think you're wrong on this one.

Found this article. Here's the excerpt of what a Cop said about KWII before his accident.
http://www.sociallyabrasive.com/kellen_winslow.htm

Stanbro, who was present for traffic control and general security, said Winslow signed several autographs and posed with several fans for pictures. Stanbro said Winslow spent most of his time shopping for motorcycle apparel.

"His group of people went to leave and we asked them not to do any burnouts or anything in the parking lot," Stanbro said. "They headed east on Route 62, and (Winslow) was the last one in their group. As they pulled out he popped a wheelie.

"It was a small one. Then he hit the throttle and went up a little higher. He held it for about 100 feet.

"He sat down and off they went."

Stanbro said he guessed Winslow was going at "a very high rate of speed" when he did the wheelie (a stunt in which a bike rides on its back wheel only).

"He gunned it," Stanbro said. "He was going real fast. I'd estimate between 40 and 50 miles per hour."

Stanbro was doing a best guess on the speed and distance of the wheelie.

"It appeared to us he was riding with a bunch of very experienced riders," Stanbro said. "The way they were dressed, their bikes. His bike had a 30-day tag on. He looked a little uncertain. He had his helmet on.

"Two of their guys were doing wheelies when they got to the event."

Stanbro called the wheelie "a very dangerous move."

"I don't believe he's that experienced a rider and very experienced riders wreck all the time on those," Stanbro said.

Lt. Ray Arcuri of the Westlake Police Department said Winslow's friends described Winslow as a "novice rider."

Told that Winslow apparently had ridden the bike from his home in Westlake to Canton, Arcuri said, "We want to find out exactly what went on."

Arcuri said the only charge Winslow faces would be reckless operation or failure to maintain reasonable control of a vehicle, both traffic tickets. He said the Westlake police are looking into whether Winslow had a valid license to drive the motorcycle.

May 19th, 2005, 7:25 pm
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]