View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 25th, 2014, 7:09 pm

Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 DirecTV drops price of Sunday Ticket under $200 
Modmin Dude

Post DirecTV drops price of Sunday Ticket under $200
PFT wrote:
DirecTV drops price of Sunday Ticket under $200
Posted by Mike Florio on April 20, 2012, 1:40 PM EDT

At a time everything relating to the NFL seems to be getting more and more expensive, one fairly significant aspect of the fan experience is getting cheaper.

According to Bloomberg.com, via SportsBusiness Daily, DirecTV will cut the price of its Sunday Ticket feature by more than 40 percent, to $199.95.

Also, the service once again will be provided free for one season to new subscribers.

Since 1994, Sunday Ticket has held exclusive rights to out-of-market games, making it an indispensable tool for anyone who follows a team that doesn’t have a local connection.
:cheers: :idea: :arrow:
Whoo!! Hooo!!!! AWESOME News, if true!

April 20th, 2012, 2:26 pm
RIP Killer

Post Re: DirecTV drops price of Sunday Ticket under $200
sweeeeeet!

April 20th, 2012, 2:31 pm
Profile WWW
Modmin Dude

From DirecTv.com:
Quote:
New! Get NFL SUNDAY TICKET for the Lowest Price in Almost a Decade.
NFL SUNDAY TICKET is now just $199.95. That's every out-of-market game every Sunday, all in HD,
for over 40% off last year's price. You also get the Game Mix channel, Player Tracker, and real-time
scores and stats.

Take your NFL experience to even greater heights with NFL SUNDAY TICKET MAX: Get everything included in NFL SUNDAY TICKET, plus RED ZONE Channel, every NFL SUNDAY TICKET game
LIVE on the go on your computer or mobile device, and more. $299.95
http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/content/sports/nfl

April 20th, 2012, 2:37 pm
Mr. Irrelevant

Just j'ed in my p's

April 20th, 2012, 10:10 pm
NFL Team Captain

Geez, they are just like an ex-girlfriend. When you start to believe that you don't need them anymore, she gives you a little and you're right back in the sack with them. :lol:

Actually, I'm more than happy to pay $200 for the service. I think that is a fair price for the fan that doesn't live in the broadcast area of the their favorite team.

April 22nd, 2012, 10:29 am
RIP Killer

This better not just be for new subscribers. The $350 I had to pay last year was total BS

April 22nd, 2012, 9:11 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

I got it for the first time last season(I picked a great time to subscribe). I only paid $134.23 for the whole season

April 22nd, 2012, 11:37 pm
Mr. Irrelevant

conversion02 wrote:
This better not just be for new subscribers. The $350 I had to pay last year was total BS

Typically you can get your price knocked down if you talk with the customer reps. Last year, I got my price knocked down 10%. I called again and got a different rep, his manager authorized an additional 10% discount for a total of 20% off of my original price. I just told them that I had been a customer since 2006 and that it wasn't very fair to be paying a high price for so many years (being a loyal customer) when someone could subscribe for the first time ever and get a wildly cheaper price.

April 22nd, 2012, 11:46 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

My contract expires with Dish in Oct. Looks like I'll be making a switch so I can watch the Lions at home. :)

NEVER GIVE UP!

April 23rd, 2012, 1:21 pm
RIP Killer

Footsoldier32 wrote:
conversion02 wrote:

Typically you can get your price knocked down if you talk with the customer reps. Last year, I got my price knocked down 10%. I called again and got a different rep, his manager authorized an additional 10% discount for a total of 20% off of my original price. I just told them that I had been a customer since 2006 and that it wasn't very fair to be paying a high price for so many years (being a loyal customer) when someone could subscribe for the first time ever and get a wildly cheaper price.

The point is, you shouldn't have to. They cornered the market with their $1 BIL / year bid to the nfl and they can charge whatever they please - its like gas prices. It's just ridiculous.

April 23rd, 2012, 10:16 pm
League MVP

i had it last season and i was able to watch from my phone also, is this saying that getting it "on the go" will cost an additional $100?

April 23rd, 2012, 10:33 pm
Modmin Dude

The Legend wrote:
i had it last season and i was able to watch from my phone also, is this saying that getting it "on the go" will cost an additional $100?
That is my understanding (along with the RedZone channel & the ShortButs (which I never watched)).

April 24th, 2012, 10:08 am
Pop Warner Rookie

Anyone tried Sunday Ticket on the PS3?

Is it worth the cost? From what I've seen it's roughly $350

“If this is going to be a Christian nation that doesn't help the poor, either we have to pretend that Jesus was just as selfish as we are, or we've got to acknowledge that He commanded us to love the poor and serve the needy without condition and then admit that we just don't want to do it.”
-Stephen Colbert-

April 24th, 2012, 5:02 pm
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

TheRealWags wrote:
The Legend wrote:
That is my understanding (along with the RedZone channel & the ShortButs (which I never watched)).

I get the redzone channel with NFL network. I LOVE watching that when the Lions arn't on. You catch almost every good play that happens throughout the day. AWSOME for fantasy football team owners. it's better than watching the 2 games that are televised and flipping back and forth!

April 25th, 2012, 11:41 am
QB Coach

So I'm considering getting DirecTV for this season. I wanted to ask some questions about your experience with it. The package I'm getting says it starts at $34.99 a month but really would be $56.99 the first three months then $101.99 for 9 months then $120.99 for the second year and that wouldn't include Sunday ticket.

What are the fees to cancel after year one? Do you think I'd be able to get Sunday Ticket for year two without paying too much? I also know I can drop the "free" premium channels after their 3 month free trial to keep my bill down to $60 a month at least for the first year.

Any suggestions?

September 9th, 2012, 12:11 pm
Reply to topic   [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next