View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently December 22nd, 2014, 9:35 pm

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Who you all rooting for tonight? (Packers or Bears?) 
Rookie Player of the Year

Post Re: Who you all rooting for tonight? (Packers or Bears?)
“We understand that Jay is excited about his new weapons, but it’s the same-old Jay. We don’t need luck; Jay will throw us the ball.” -Charles Woodson

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... -the-ball/

Ouch!

September 14th, 2012, 1:53 pm
Walk On

No kidding ouch. That was one brutal game. Cutler could have had 8 INTs. Rodgers could have had a couple more. 12 sacks!!

The Bear D played very well, holding Rodgers to 16. The Pack D was even better, and enormously successful. I agree the Bears were cocky. Can't believe they didn't commit to the run game or help protect against she-man. Brutal.

I don't see why the Lions would be heartened, after that game. But people see what they want to see. No offense is going to run rampant againt these teams - and it is going to come down to defense and special teams.

September 14th, 2012, 6:47 pm

I think both teams have an Average Defense but might not make it in the top 10. I think both teams have a below average Oline, and the D's knew how to scheme and Playcall against Bad Olines. The Lions appear to have a fairly solid OL in comparison, which is heartening.

As you said, people see what they want to See, so Fans of the Bears AND GB would see the Defenses looking awesome, while opponents and detractors would just see the offensive weaknesses of OL for both teams making the Ds look extra good.

We should know a lot more about all teams involved in the next 2-3 weeks (duh, lol) and be able to offer more than just opinions then.

September 14th, 2012, 7:00 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Player of the Year - Offense

You see that as great D by both teams, and I see terrible Olines that haven't been addressed. Two weeks in a row for both teams. Prior to Freeney being injured and leaving the game, the lowly Colts kept Cutler shaky. Soon as Freeney went out the lack of a pass rush allowed the Bears to pull away. The 49ers didn't give Rodgers time to get down field. I'm heartened because we can put a pass rush on both teams. Take away the 4 INTs and the Bears still actually win that game. An average Rodgers won't dominate the league. Mr. Vagisil won't set the league on fire either. Can't go deep if you don't have the time to drop back. I'm surprised Chicago didn't throw more underneath passes due to the pass rush. Cutler has to hold the ball too long for the deep ball.

September 14th, 2012, 7:07 pm

What a lot of people are also missing is this.. while the SOlid D (but not spectacular) and Piss-poor Oline play had a major effect on the game, another component was the terrible playcalling by Chicagos OC. Run the ball Man. Throw Short Passes. Having Cutler take 5-7 step drops MadMartz style while getting pummeled worse than Kitna ever did was ridiculous.

Mike Tice was previously the OL Coach. He also does have HC experience, but I am pretty sure we all remember the Last OL Coach promoted to OC the year after Mike Martz left the offensive Staff and Offensive Personel in Disarray. I expect to see an Inconsistent Bears offense all year long, and its very likely we already saw their best performance in game 1.

September 14th, 2012, 7:42 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Walk On

DJ-B wrote:
What a lot of people are also missing is this.. while the SOlid D (but not spectacular) and Piss-poor Oline play had a major effect on the game, another component was the terrible playcalling by Chicagos OC. Run the ball Man. Throw Short Passes. Having Cutler take 5-7 step drops MadMartz style while getting pummeled worse than Kitna ever did was ridiculous.

Mike Tice was previously the OL Coach. He also does have HC experience, but I am pretty sure we all remember the Last OL Coach promoted to OC the year after Mike Martz left the offensive Staff and Offensive Personel in Disarray. I expect to see an Inconsistent Bears offense all year long, and its very likely we already saw their best performance in game 1.

Agreed. We Chicago fans heard Cutler, Tice & others saying ALL offseason about how we shouldn't worrry - how they intended to protect the Oline (specifically insinuating Webb), by using Cutler's athleticism, moving the pocket, having a better scheme, giving him more control & allowing Jay to check out of plays that looked sketchy based on what the D was showing him, eliminating drops that required extended pass pro, etc? And they gave Cutler exactly what he said he wanted, with Marshall & Jeffrey... two giant WRs with a huge catch radius. And what did they do against the Packers? They gave us Ron Turner and Mike Martz craziness, instead of what was promised. Cutler was sacked 7 times, but 3-4 of them have to be on Forte, Kellen Davis and Cutler himself for holding onto the ball too long & waiting for deep routes to open up. People always blame the oline for sacks and hits on the QB - but that's not always the case. This was a shockingly bad game called & executed.

September 15th, 2012, 6:13 pm
Reply to topic   [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2