View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 23rd, 2014, 6:14 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 It Sucks to be a Browns Fan 
Hall of Fame Player

Post It Sucks to be a Browns Fan
Quote:
Browns | Fast Fact: Paying Big Money for Bad Draft Picks - from www.KFFL.com
Sat, 21 May 2005 20:27:34 -0700

Patrick McManamon, reports for the Akron Beacon Journal, Pat Kirwan of NFL.com reported the Cleveland Browns have paid $127 million to first- and second-round draft picks since 1999 and $92 million of that was paid as bonus money. Seven of their 13 picks remain with the team and those seven have started only 117 of a possible 272 games.

Here's an interesting fact about the Browns!

I never knew this - but what I do know is you cannot possibly win with this many mistakes in your draft.

The Winslow debacle obviously contributes to this but past management has made some really poor personal decissions.

May 22nd, 2005, 8:22 am
Profile WWW
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

On the bright side, I think they have a good GM now. They had a pretty good draft even if I am not too high on Edwards.

May 22nd, 2005, 7:14 pm
Pro Bowl Player

On the bright side, I think they have a good GM now. They had a pretty good draft even if I am not too high on Edwards.

I agree 100 percent... I dont think Edwards was the best WRin the class and will not make the impact in the NFL that some of the other first rounders will

Biggest Impact IMHO

1. Mark Clayton for the Baltimore Ravens
2. Roddy White for the Atlanta Falcons
3. Mike Williams da lions
4. Braylon Edwards da browns
5. Troy williamson da vikes

May 23rd, 2005, 11:23 am
Profile WWW
Bubbles the Lion

I have heard some pretty crappy things about Tomlinson. they say he has speed but keeps dropping balls. PA & Dubay, a Sirius radio duo based in Minn. and very pro Vikes, said the best he can do right now is 3rd string. That was early in mini-camp. so maybe things change, but I would dearly hope not.

May 23rd, 2005, 5:04 pm
RIP Killer

All indications are that Williamson improved greatly over his initial rookie jitters. I believe taking him seventh overall was a huge reach by Minnesota, but so much the better for Lions fans if Troy doesn't do so well.

May 23rd, 2005, 5:21 pm
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

To what are you referring mike? Didn't MN have one minicamp where he performed poorly? Did you hear something differently or new?

May 23rd, 2005, 11:34 pm
RIP Killer

Speaking of the bad news Browns, they're interested in Ty Law. Funny part is that Law's represented by the Postons...the same agents as KWII. Wonder how the Browns will work with them once they try to get KWII's bonus money back? Should be interesting.

Browns interested in ex-Patriot Law
Thursday, May 26, 2005
Mary Kay Cabot
Plain Dealer Reporter

Former Ravens linebacker Peter Boulware isn't the only four-time Pro Bowl defender with Super Bowl bling that the Browns are interested in checking out.

Coach Romeo Crennel said Wednesday after passing camp that he'd like to bring former Patriots cornerback Ty Law in for a visit.

"I haven't spoken with Ty, but Ty knows how I feel about him and I don't think there's any question about how he feels about me," Crennel said. "His injury situation is one that has to be resolved."

Like Boulware, who didn't play last season because of a knee injury, Law is coming off a broken foot that kept him out the final 12 games of 2004, including the Patriots' Super Bowl victory.

Law underwent surgery on the foot and has only recently started running.

"I know he's visited some places, but I haven't heard [how healthy he is]," Crennel said. "I heard he was running straight ahead, but I don't know where he is."

Shortly after Law was released by the Patriots in February, Crennel said at the NFL Combine, "If healthy, Ty Law is still one of the best cornerbacks in the game."

Law, 31, has drawn interest from about six teams and recently visited the Lions and Dolphins. Lions President Matt Millen said two weeks ago he thought Law could contribute, but didn't sign him.

The Chiefs were interested in signing him before the draft, but traded with Miami for cornerback Patrick Surtain instead. The Jets, Steelers and Colts have also expressed interest.

Crennel said he wouldn't be dissuaded by the fact that Law is represented by Kevin and Carl Poston, the agents for Browns tight end Kellen Winslow Jr. The Browns and Postons could be headed for trouble if the Browns decide to recoup some of Winslow's money for breaching his contract by riding a motorcycle. Winslow is expected to miss the 2005 season with a torn anterior cruciate ligament sustained during his motorcycle crash, and the Browns could try to reclaim up to $9.4 million.

May 26th, 2005, 1:22 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]