View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 1st, 2014, 7:42 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Shazor Struggling with Injuries 
Hall of Fame Player

Post Shazor Struggling with Injuries
Quote:
Cardinals | Shazor Struggling with Injuries - from www.KFFL.com
Sun, 22 May 2005 17:16:39 -0700

Kent Somers, reports for the Sporting News, Arizona Cardinals rookie S Ernest Shazor (hamstring) continues to struggle with a hamstring injury that has kept him of action during the team's minicamp. The longer he sits out, the less chance he has to make an impact with the team. The Cardinals were hoping Shazor would compete for the backup strong safety job. The coaching staff does remain intrigued by Shazor's size and potential.

If Shazor doesn't make it in Arizona I'd love to get a look at him as a back up here in Detroit. I think that would be a nice fit.

May 22nd, 2005, 11:27 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

I can't see Mooch and Millen making a push for him if he gets cuts. He went URFA and they didn't jump (nor did they on Browner or Butler which is amazing IMO). I, once again, say bad moves by M&M on this. Any of these guys would be an upgrade at S over Walker IMO.

May 23rd, 2005, 10:29 am
RIP Killer

I can't see Mooch and Millen making a push for him if he gets cuts. He went URFA and they didn't jump (nor did they on Browner or Butler which is amazing IMO). I, once again, say bad moves by M&M on this. Any of these guys would be an upgrade at S over Walker IMO.

Don't be too hard on Millen in this case. Some teams are paying a signing bonus to the 'premium' undrafted free agents. Whether or not Shazor, Butler or Browner got signing bonuses, I don't know. I would have loved to get Butler in Detroit to compete for a job, but what's done is done. Hopefully our safety situation can be improved after June 1st.

May 23rd, 2005, 10:38 am
RIP Killer

I believe Shazor is the only one who got a bonus. He was signed for 2 years. The other fellers I don't believe got bonuses and were only signed for one year. You do bring up a good point Mike. There's a lot to look forward to after June 1.

May 23rd, 2005, 10:46 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]