View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 31st, 2014, 1:48 pm

Reply to topic  [ 252 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 17  Next
 Hall of Shame : The NFL's Bad Boys 
Pro Bowl Player

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/stor ... LHeadlines

Quote:
MIAMI -- Washington Redskins safety Sean Taylor faces up to 46 years in prison after two additional assault charges were filed against him Friday.

Taylor

Michael Grieco, an assistant state attorney, said the charges reflect Taylor's alleged threatening of three people with a gun in an armed confrontation over an all-terrain vehicle on June 1.

Taylor, 22, now faces three counts of aggravated assault, each of which carries a minimum sentence of three years and a maximum of 15 years in prison. He also faces one misdemeanor battery charge that carries a potential one-year prison term.

Trial is scheduled to begin March 20 for Taylor, a former University of Miami star who signed a seven-year, $18-million contract after being drafted by the Redskins in 2004. He has six interceptions and 120 tackles in his two seasons.

Taylor's attorney, Edward Carhart, said the additional charges surprised him.

"The state has had this case since June and now they're filing these added charges? It's bizarre," Carhart said.

Taylor has pleaded not guilty and remains free on $16,500 bond.

The Redskins lost to the Seattle Seahawks two weeks ago in the NFC playoffs. In a playoff victory against Tampa Bay, Taylor was ejected after spitting in the face of Buccaneers running back Michael Pittman. Earlier in that game, he ran a fumble back for a touchdown.

January 27th, 2006, 1:43 pm
Profile WWW
Hall of Fame Player

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2308407&campaign=rss&source=NFLHeadlines

Quote:
MIAMI -- Washington Redskins safety Sean Taylor faces up to 46 years in prison after two additional assault charges were filed against him Friday.

Taylor

Michael Grieco, an assistant state attorney, said the charges reflect Taylor's alleged threatening of three people with a gun in an armed confrontation over an all-terrain vehicle on June 1.

Taylor, 22, now faces three counts of aggravated assault, each of which carries a minimum sentence of three years and a maximum of 15 years in prison. He also faces one misdemeanor battery charge that carries a potential one-year prison term.

Trial is scheduled to begin March 20 for Taylor, a former University of Miami star who signed a seven-year, $18-million contract after being drafted by the Redskins in 2004. He has six interceptions and 120 tackles in his two seasons.

Taylor's attorney, Edward Carhart, said the additional charges surprised him.

"The state has had this case since June and now they're filing these added charges? It's bizarre," Carhart said.

Taylor has pleaded not guilty and remains free on $16,500 bond.

The Redskins lost to the Seattle Seahawks two weeks ago in the NFC playoffs. In a playoff victory against Tampa Bay, Taylor was ejected after spitting in the face of Buccaneers running back Michael Pittman. Earlier in that game, he ran a fumble back for a touchdown.

UPDATE...

KFFL wrote:
Redskins | Police and courts: S. Taylor
Fri, 27 Jan 2006 06:58:49 -0800

David Elfin, of the Washington Times, reports at a pre-trial hearing in Miami Friday, Jan. 27, Michael Grieco, the state's attorney for Miami-Dade County, will expand the charge of aggravated assault with a firearm into three such counts, one for each reported victim, against Washington Redskins S Sean Taylor. Taylor also faces trial on March 20 on a misdemeanor charge of simple battery. Under Florida law, Taylor faces a three-year mandatory minimum sentence and a maximum of 16 years in prison on each felony charge. Taylor's attorney, Edward Carhart, declined comment on the state's changed approach to the case.

January 27th, 2006, 4:27 pm
Profile WWW
UPDATE...

KFFL wrote:
Redskins | Police and courts: S. Taylor
Fri, 27 Jan 2006 06:58:49 -0800

David Elfin, of the Washington Times, reports at a pre-trial hearing in Miami Friday, Jan. 27, Michael Grieco, the state's attorney for Miami-Dade County, will expand the charge of aggravated assault with a firearm into three such counts, one for each reported victim, against Washington Redskins S Sean Taylor. Taylor also faces trial on March 20 on a misdemeanor charge of simple battery. Under Florida law, Taylor faces a three-year mandatory minimum sentence and a maximum of 16 years in prison on each felony charge. Taylor's attorney, Edward Carhart, declined comment on the state's changed approach to the case.

Taylor is definitely a horses hang-down and deserves to spend some time in jail. The guy has been a problem child since before heading into the NFL, and that hasn't subsided with a new location, money, and age... That said I'm not so sure the two new charges will stick... I don't know if he bradished the gun three seperate times and made three seperate threats... the legalities there are a little sticky. If I had to guess the prosecution added the additional charges to attempt to force him to plead guilty to at least one of them, which is what I believe will happen. I think the guy should get 90 days, at least a year of probation, a good amount of community service, and a hefty fine. An anger management and forcing him to plead guilty of a felony rather than a reduced charge should be part of the deal... recommond the minimal sentence, but force him into a situation where the moron cannot own a fire-arm ever again. This would obviously cause the charge to drop some, as the minimal sentence for ONE of his charges is currently three years, but I really don't think he deserves that....

January 28th, 2006, 1:54 am
Modmin Dude

Post Its good to be Big Ben
http://deadspin.com/sports/nfl/its-good ... 151809.php

February 1st, 2006, 10:03 am
Hall of Fame Player

Post Re: Its good to be Big Ben
TheRealWags wrote:
http://deadspin.com/sports/nfl/its-good-to-be-big-ben-151809.php

I'm not going to shoot the guy for partying with this hottie. (Even tho she's probably a money grabbing, bimbo, slut). :lol:

On the other hand; Does it look like he's spiking this bottle of booze with something?

(This girl is hot too!) (Looks like Jamie Hammer)

February 1st, 2006, 10:39 am
Profile WWW
Bubbles the Lion

dunno if anyones talked about this but i recently read about this dude on espn, before my time but he sounds like an extreme douche.

Quote:
From Espn.com
Conrad Dobler
The offensive lineman for the Cardinals, Saints and Bills in the 1970s and early '80s received the dubious honor of topping Page 2's list of dirtiest pro team players ever last year. He was a true villain who didn't care who he hurt, or how he hurt them. For example, he was so well known for biting (sound familiar?) that the Vikings requested rabies shots before playing against him. His unabashed dirty play resulted in several rules changes: no blocking a windpipe -- said Dobler, "When I hit a guy, I'll hit him in the throat ... he doesn't have any pads on his throat" -- and no leg whips.

Dobler got off cheap shots against Merlin Olsen and Mean Joe Greene -- in the Pro Bowl -- and Lions linebacker Charlie Weaver, among countless others.

But the cheapest, most juvenile of all came at the end of a 1974 game against the Giants, when the opposing players were shaking hands as the clock wound down. When Giant Jim Pietrzak attempted this ritual of sportsmanship, wishing Dobler good luck in the playoffs, Dobler punched him in the throat.

Here's their list of top ten villains in all sports
http://espn.go.com/page2/s/list/villains.html

February 1st, 2006, 10:08 pm
RIP Killer

That's a pretty good list...I'd have to think about people who I think should have made the list...I'll add my top 10 later lol.

February 1st, 2006, 10:36 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

There was a baseball manager named John Mcgraw or something like that who would beat up umps after games if he didn't agree with the calls. I would add him. And Romo. And Victor Conte.

February 1st, 2006, 11:12 pm
Profile WWW
Modmin Dude

Not sure if this qualifys for the "Hall of Shame" but....

ProFootballTalk.com wrote:
MIKE ALREADY BEING A MEATHEAD

According to the guys at KFFL.com, new Jaguars assistant head coach Mike Tice told Jacksonville radio station WOKV on Wednesday that he already has spoken with one of the Minnesota Vikings' 16 free agents regarding the possibility of joining the Jags for 2006. Tice declined to name the player.

The problem is that, until free agency opens, these players remain the property of the Minnesota Vikings. Thus, Tice has admitted to a tampering violation.

The development should surprise no one. Tice reluctantly conceded a year ago to the scalping of Super Bowl tickets, in blatant violation of league rules. The Commissioner imposed a $100,00 fine against Tice for the transgression.

This time around, the Vikings likely will be required to file tampering charges before the Commish can act. And we wonder whether the NFL will "stack" dissimilar offenses when disciplining guys who can't seem to stay on the right side of obvious rules.

It'll be interesting to see what happens next.

February 2nd, 2006, 9:50 am
RIP Killer

Thu, 2 Mar 2006 05:26:46 -0800

The Associated Press reports former NFL RB Lawrence Phillips has been ordered to stand trial on assault charges for allegedly driving a car into three teenagers who argued with him following a pickup football game. The judge dismissed two counts of child abuse and one count of leaving the scene of an accident stemming from the Aug. 21, 2005, incident on a South Los Angeles soccer field. Phillips faces more than 13 years in prison if convicted of all counts, said Deborah Brazil, a deputy district attorney.

March 2nd, 2006, 2:04 pm
Modmin Dude

NFL | Police and courts: A. Cooper
Tue, 28 Mar 2006 05:55:43 -0800

The Associated Press reports former NFL TE Adrian Cooper is pleading guilty to charges of securities fraud and money laundering. Cooper, now a stockbroker, faces up to 35 years in prison on the two counts. Cooper admitted in federal court in Oklahoma City that he cheated investors out of about $400,000 by promising to buy stock, then using the money to pay personal living expenses

NFL | Police and courts: R. Williams charged with felony sex offense
Mon, 27 Mar 2006 22:04:30 -0800

The Associated Press reports former NFL CB Robert Marquise Williams was fired after being charged with having sex with a 17-year-old female student. Williams was a teacher's assistant for in-school suspension students in Gaston County and allegedly had sex with a student at Hunter Huss High School in December. He had no previous record of sexual offense when he was hired in August.

March 28th, 2006, 10:09 am
Modmin Dude

Redskins | S. Taylor case may change
Fri, 31 Mar 2006 05:40:37 -0800

David Elfin, of the Washington Times, reports Edward Carhart, one of Washington Redskins S Sean Taylor's attorneys for his trial on assault and battery charges that is supposed to start April 10 in Miami, said Thursday, March 30, the state is considering changes to the case. "The whole case is on the table," said Carhart, who expects to hear from assistant state attorney Michael Grieco today about a review of the charges

March 31st, 2006, 10:09 am
RIP Killer

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Lions | Police and courts: D. Wilkinson
Thu, 30 Mar 2006 19:34:24 -0800

The Gazette reports a lawsuit accusing Detroit Lions DT Dan Wilkinson of misleading a developer during a failed business venture three years ago will go to trial, a federal judge in Maryland ruled Monday, March 27. A judge refused to throw out the charges against Wilkinson, which are outlined in a civil lawsuit filed more than two years ago by Capital Centre LLC. The suit alleges that Wilkinson deceived Capital Centre and is personally liable for breaching a lease to build a restaurant at the Boulevard at the Capital Centre, a 55-acre retail complex in Largo, Maryland. The suit seeks $31.5 million in damages. A publicist for the Lions said Wilkinson was training on his own and was unavailable. At issue in the case is whether Wilkinson is personally liable for any damages suffered by Capital Centre as a result of defaulting on the lease.

Bears | Payton's stolen rings recovered
Thu, 30 Mar 2006 18:58:57 -0800

Angela Rozas, of the Chicago Tribune, reports police recovered two rings that belonged to the late Chicago Bears RB Walter Payton after they were stolen from an Aurora museum and pawned in Chicago. The thieves also took an honorary medal given to Payton by former Chicago Mayor Harold Washington. The medal hasn't turned up.

March 31st, 2006, 1:30 pm
Hall of Fame Player

ABC News wrote:
Hank Williams Jr. charged with assaulting waitress

Apr 4, 2006 ? NASHVILLE, Tennessee (Reuters) - Hank Williams Jr. surrendered to police in Memphis on Tuesday to face an assault charge involving a waitress, officials said.

The country music entertainer was released without bond and ordered to appear in court on Wednesday to face a charge of assault to commit bodily harm stemming from an incident last month at a hotel. His publicist said he was innocent.

Shelby County Sheriff's public relations director Steve Shular said Holly Hornbeak, 19, claimed Williams tried to kiss her when she waited on him at the hotel dining room and then choked and cursed her.

A star in his own right, Williams, 56, is a son of legendary songwriter-singer Hank Williams who died in 1953 at age 29. The younger Williams had been staying in Memphis where one of his daughters was being treated after an auto accident.

His publicist, Kirt Webster, issued a statement saying Williams was innocent of the charges and "a victim of greed." Webster said the entertainer had received a letter March 21 from Hornbeak's attorney demanding an "outlandish amount of money" and threatening a lawsuit.

Hornbeak wasn't immediately available for comment.

I didn't want to start a new thread for this so I put it here.

April 5th, 2006, 1:56 pm
Profile WWW
LF, Did you see the latest in the Sean Taylor ordeal??? He turned down a plea that would have recommended probation (no jail time), but would have forced him to plead to committing a felony. He refused and is going to stand trial some time soon.

April 5th, 2006, 2:03 pm
Reply to topic   [ 252 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 17  Next