View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 2nd, 2014, 8:45 am

Reply to topic  [ 252 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 17  Next
 Hall of Shame : The NFL's Bad Boys 
Hall of Fame Player

LF, Did you see the latest in the Sean Taylor ordeal??? He turned down a plea that would have recommended probation (no jail time), but would have forced him to plead to committing a felony. He refused and is going to stand trial some time soon.

I did see that!

He's got more balls than brains!!

... Just like this squirrel.

April 5th, 2006, 2:19 pm
Profile WWW
Modmin Dude

NFL | Police and courts: K. Hamilton
Wed, 19 Apr 2006 08:49:44 -0700

Peggy Wright, of the Daily Record, reports former New York Giants DL Keith Hamilton admitted he used excessive corporal punishment on his 12-year-old son in February by beating the boy with an electrical cord because he got a poor report card at his private school. Hamilton will avoid any time in jail for his plea to a third-degree charge of endangering the welfare of his son Feb. 1 at his home in Montville, New Jersey. He is already serving a probationary sentence in Morris County, New Jersey, for a drug offense. His plea new bargain calls for him to be sentenced in June to three additional years of probation, anger management and parenting counseling

April 19th, 2006, 1:41 pm
Modmin Dude

Post Offord arrested for drunken driving
FoxSports.com wrote:
MINNEAPOLIS (AP) - Vikings safety Willie Offord was charged with drunken driving after being stopped early Tuesday for speeding and failing to signal when he changed lanes.

Offord was charged with misdemeanor fourth-degree drunken driving, Lt. Mark Peterson of the State Patrol said Wednesday. Peterson said he had not received a report with Offord's blood-alcohol level, but that the charge means it would have been less than 0.20 percent. The state's legal limit is 0.08 percent.

"Mr. Offord was extremely cooperative and respectful during the entire incident," he said.

Offord is scheduled to appear in court April 26.

The Vikings signed Offord, their special teams captain in 2005, to a two-year contract extension last month. He is rehabilitating a torn anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee and was limited during a veteran minicamp this month.

The Vikings believe he will be healthy when training camp begins, and Offord could compete with free-agent acquisition Tank Williams for the starting strong safety job.

Offord's agent, David Canter, did not return a telephone message left at his office by The Associated Press on Wednesday. A spokesman for the Vikings said the team had no comment.

April 20th, 2006, 4:14 pm
Modmin Dude

NFL | M. Williams retired?
Thu, 20 Apr 2006 13:08:09 -0700

Associated Press reports lawyer Joe Friedberg, who represented free agent RB Moe Williams (Vikings) during the boat-party sex scandal, said Williams has retired from the NFL.

NFL | Police and courts: M. Williams found guilty
Thu, 20 Apr 2006 13:07:16 -0700

ESPNews reports free agent RB Moe Williams (Vikings) was found guilty of disorderly conduct on a charge stemming from a boat-party sex scandal.

:shock:

April 20th, 2006, 4:54 pm
Hall of Fame Player

May 24, 2006, 6:18 PM ET

Panthers steroid doctor has licensed revoked

Associated Press

COLUMBIA, S.C. -- The doctor who pleaded guilty to a conspiracy to provide steroids to several Carolina Panthers had his medical license revoked by the state board of medical examiners in a decision released Wednesday.

The board said state law allows it to revoke a medical license when a doctor pleads guilty to a felony.

In March, Dr. James Shortt pleaded guilty in federal court to one count of conspiracy to distribute anabolic steroids and human growth hormone. In exchange, prosecutors agreed to drop 42 similar counts against Shortt.

Shortt is awaiting sentencing. He faces up to five years in prison, two years of probation and a $250,000 fine. Shortt, who now lives in California, remains free on bond.

Prosecutors have said current and former members of the Carolina Panthers were some of Shortt's patients.

After pleading guilty, Shortt said he wrote prescriptions and gave human growth hormone to people who wanted to gain weight or muscle.

Shortt also faces a state criminal investigation in the death of a woman who died three days after receiving intravenous hydrogen peroxide to help her multiple sclerosis.

Does anyone know what has happened to the Panthers players implicated in this?

May 25th, 2006, 8:22 am
Profile WWW
Hall of Fame Player

Steelers | Police and courts: S. Holmes
Sat, 27 May 2006 20:22:41 -0700

Joe Bendel, of the Tribune-Review, reports Pittsburgh Steelers rookie WR Santonio Holmes has given his account of his arrest in Miami Beach, Florida. Holmes said Saturday night, May 27, that he was on his way from a bar/restaurant in Miami Beach early Saturday and stepped off the sidewalk to avoid a gathering of people. A police officer yelled at him, Holmes said. A report written by the arresting officer said Holmes was obstructing traffic. Holmes said he asked the officer why he yelled at him, and he was immediately placed under arrest. The police report said Holmes was not cooperative with police after being warned to get off of the street on Collins Avenue. "I observed the defendant walking in the middle of the road obstructing traffic. I gave the defendant a verbal order to get out of the street and the defendant began to say several offensive words and he refused to get out of the street. The defendant's actions caused a crowd to form and traffic to come to a stop. Defendant arrested." A date for Holmes to appear in court for his arraignment has not been set.

Every year a brand new rookie ends up in trouble. Last year it was Adam "Pacman" Jones, this year it's Holmes. I can't imagine Bill Cowher is going to like this news.

May 28th, 2006, 12:26 am
Profile WWW
KFFL wrote:

Joe Bendel, of the Tribune-Review, reports Pittsburgh Steelers rookie WR Santonio Holmes has given his account of his arrest in Miami Beach, Florida. Holmes said Saturday night, May 27, that he was on his way from a bar/restaurant in Miami Beach early Saturday and stepped off the sidewalk to avoid a gathering of people. A police officer yelled at him, Holmes said. A report written by the arresting officer said Holmes was obstructing traffic. Holmes said he asked the officer why he yelled at him, and he was immediately placed under arrest. The police report said Holmes was not cooperative with police after being warned to get off of the street on Collins Avenue. "I observed the defendant walking in the middle of the road obstructing traffic. I gave the defendant a verbal order to get out of the street and the defendant began to say several offensive words and he refused to get out of the street. The defendant's actions caused a crowd to form and traffic to come to a stop. Defendant arrested." A date for Holmes to appear in court for his arraignment has not been set.

Every year a brand new rookie ends up in trouble. Last year it was Adam "Pacman" Jones, this year it's Holmes. I can't imagine Bill Cowher is going to like this news.

I'll admit that I wasn't there.. but if I had to bet dimes to dollars I would put my money on Holmes story being the truthful one... IMO it's effin' BULLSHIT that cops can fabricate lies and be total authoritative assholes and make up stories, and be "right" in the court room, just on the account of who they are... IMO ALL cops should have cameras mounted in their cars, and perhaps even on their lapels to see what they see... Personally, I've just seen too many instances where they lie and someone gets screwed by it... It's wrong in the most disgusting sense...

May 28th, 2006, 3:10 am
Hall of Fame Player

LionFan57 wrote:
KFFL wrote:

I'll admit that I wasn't there.. but if I had to bet dimes to dollars I would put my money on Holmes story being the truthful one... IMO it's effin' BULLSHIT that cops can fabricate lies and be total authoritative assholes and make up stories, and be "right" in the court room, just on the account of who they are... IMO ALL cops should have cameras mounted in their cars, and perhaps even on their lapels to see what they see... Personally, I've just seen too many instances where they lie and someone gets screwed by it... It's wrong in the most disgusting sense...

I don't know what happened there either but this is how a top notch professional team deals with it...

KFFL wrote:
Steelers | Veteran players seem OK with Holmes' arrest
Tue, 30 May 2006 19:46:20 -0700

KDKA.com reports Pittsburgh Steelers veteran players appear to be OK with the recent arrest of Steelers' rookie WR Santonio Holmes. The players generally viewed Holmes' disorderly conduct arrest as a young man's learning experience. "He got himself in a situation that hopefully in the future he'll be smart enough to keep himself out of," said OC Jeff Hartings. "If he's not, his checkbook it going to start showing it." NFL rules won't allow Holmes to join the team until training camp begins in Latrobe, but the players expect there will be conversations about the Miami incident before he reports.

Publicly they don't make a big deal, but privately "there will be conversations" about it with him!

May 31st, 2006, 7:46 am
Profile WWW
Hall of Fame Player

Redskins | Police and courts: Taylor will accept plea deal
Wed, 31 May 2006 20:57:30 -0700

Amy Shipley, of the Washington Post, reports Washington Redskins FS Sean Taylor has reached a plea deal in his felony assault case that ensures he will not spend a day in jail and the felony charges against him will be dismissed, according to one of Taylor's attorneys. The agreement will require the approval of Judge Leonard Glick and will be presented during a hearing Thursday, June 1, in Miami-Dade County Circuit Court. Taylor's attorney, Larry R. Handfield, said Taylor would plead no contest to one misdemeanor battery charge and on misdemeanor assault charge. Taylor agreed to visit 10 schools in the inner city and provide $1,000 to each school.

WHAT A CROCK OF CRAP!!

I'd visit 10 schools and donate a grand to each one to get out of a multiple FELONY gun charges too! Who wouldn't.

How do you get from felony assault with a firearm to misdemeanor battery?

The judge is an idiot if he goes for this.

June 1st, 2006, 6:49 am
Profile WWW
Rookie Player of the Year

Even if he signs off on this deal I'd still put my money on Taylor doing something stupid. I'm sure there are stipulations that he has to keep his nose clean for at least a year or two and that probably won't happen.

June 1st, 2006, 7:01 am
Div 1 - Starter

KFFL wrote:

Amy Shipley, of the Washington Post, reports Washington Redskins FS Sean Taylor has reached a plea deal in his felony assault case that ensures he will not spend a day in jail and the felony charges against him will be dismissed, according to one of Taylor's attorneys. The agreement will require the approval of Judge Leonard Glick and will be presented during a hearing Thursday, June 1, in Miami-Dade County Circuit Court. Taylor's attorney, Larry R. Handfield, said Taylor would plead no contest to one misdemeanor battery charge and on misdemeanor assault charge. Taylor agreed to visit 10 schools in the inner city and provide $1,000 to each school.

WHAT A CROCK OF CRAP!!

I'd visit 10 schools and donate a grand to each one to get out of a multiple FELONY gun charges too! Who wouldn't.

They're being shrewdly political, is my guess. The judge is probably elected, and I can just hear the campaign ads: "As a judge, ____ ruled against a case that would have brought thousands of dollars to our children's schools..."

That's why the judge might go for it.

June 1st, 2006, 9:53 am
RIP Killer

KFFL wrote:

WHAT A CROCK OF CRAP!!

How do you get there? You make sure you're a professional athlete playing for a very wealthy club owner who LOVES to throw money around, including at a very corrupt Dade County prosecutor to allow the charges to diminish substantially over time until the penalty is something similar to that of someone arrested for spitting on the sidewalk.

Isn't it wonderful how, if I use my gun to defend my home I could get sued by the person committing a crime, or in fact be put on trial for unlawful discharge of a firearm and wreckless endangerment if it was deemed that I used 'unnecessary force' to defend my family, but that an a$$hole like this guy can wave a gun around at someone posing no threat to him and get away with nothing more than a firm 'bad boy' finger shake from a judge.

June 1st, 2006, 10:32 am
WOW... what a lucky rectum cupcake deal this kid got....

Quote:
Redskins safety Taylor to avoid jail in assault charge deal

By CURT ANDERSON, Associated Press Writer

MIAMI (AP) -- Washington Redskins safety Sean Taylor reached an agreement with prosecutors to drop felony charges against him and pleaded no contest Thursday to two misdemeanors in an assault case, avoiding any jail time that might have derailed his NFL career.

I guess he was right not to plead guilty to a reduced felony charge and aviod jail time... Once again the US judicial system providing the justice that someone could afford...

June 2nd, 2006, 2:38 am
Rookie Player of the Year

Green Bay rookie wide receiver Cory Rodgers, a fourth-round draft choice whose big-play potential impressed Packers in spring practices, has reached a plea agreement with Tarrant County (Texas) prosecutors on gun-related charges spawned by a May incident outside a Forth Worth nightclub.

Under the deferred adjudication agreement, Rodgers was sentenced to 15 months of probation for unlawfully carrying a firearm. He also received a $500 fine and must perform 80 hours of community service.

Provided that Rodgers completes the terms of his probation without further incident, the case will be dismissed and the conviction expunged from his record.

The agreement was first reported by the Fort Worth Star-Telegram.

But by pleading guilty to lesser charges -- prosecutors agreed not to pursue a more serious charge of firing a weapon when Rodgers pleaded to the misdemeanor charge of carrying a firearm -- the speedy wideout could still be subject to NFL discipline. The league's personal conduct policy stipulates that, even when a player pleads to a lesser charge, he can be sanctioned.

Although Rodgers, who played collegiately at TCU, has not yet signed his first NFL contract, he still comes under the purview of the personal conduct policy.

Rodgers, 23, was arrested May 26, less than a month after the draft, when it was alleged he fired two shots into the air in the parking lot of a nightclub. A brawl had broken out and police said as many as 50-60 people were involved, some wielding pool cues and swinging beer and liquor bottles. As police attempted to restore order, they said they heard two shots fired from Rodgers' car.

Rodgers' attorney conceded his client had fired the gun, but said he was not part of the fight and that he was only attempting to frighten off a group of men who had surrounded his car and threatened his safety. Prosecutor Kurt Stallings indicated that there was evidence Rodgers was trying to protect himself and that acknowledgement played some part in the plea agreement.

As part of the agreement, Rodgers will not have to report regularly to a probation officer if he earns a spot on the Green Bay roster. He must, however, return to Fort Worth after the season to complete his community service responsibility, which principally consists of working with at-risk youths.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2509122

"Today, a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration – that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively. There's no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we're the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the weather." -Bill Hicks

July 4th, 2006, 3:10 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Cowboys | Owens blames media for being portrayed as selfish
Mon, 17 Jul 2006 18:40:54 -0700

The Associated Press reports Dallas Cowboys WR Terrell Owens blames the media for portraying him as a selfish player. He did admit a tendency of saying things about others that he wouldn't want said about himself. During an interview on HBO's "Real Sports with Bryant Gumbel," Owens acknowledged dishing out more criticism that he is willing to take. He also believes reporters are using him "to gain viewers' attention." He believes that he is "misunderstood," but recognizes that other players have been portrayed that way as well. However, Owens feels that he has been "one of the main guys who've been vilified." Owens added, "Why me? ... At some point it does get to me. And I can't say it enough. Dude, I'm human and that's what I'm trying to get people to understand."

This guy is in a world of denial. Rag out your QB, offensive coach, head coach, teammate........but he's not selfish. Bitch about not getting the ball enough in SF..........but he's not selfish. Tell a friend (Ray Lewis) you are coming to play in Baltimore......force a trade out of SF.......they make the trade to Baltimore, but you decide you want to go to Philly instead........stamp your feet and pout until you get your way.........but you're not selfish. Sign a $49 million contract........and less than 12 months later complain that it's not enough..........but you're not selfish. Tell anyone who will listen that your QB got tired during the Super Bowl......but conveniently leave out the part about him having just gotten over the flu.........but you're not selfish. Hold a press conference.............have your agent field questions..............make sure he just keeps saying "Next question" and not give any answers...........but you're not selfish. Force your way out of Philly and six more years on a contract..........but you're not selfish.

No, Terrell. You're not selfish.

You're just an A$$HOLE!

July 18th, 2006, 9:05 am
Reply to topic   [ 252 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 17  Next