View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently December 26th, 2014, 10:23 pm

Reply to topic  [ 252 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
 Hall of Shame : The NFL's Bad Boys 
Color Commentator - John Madden

Cowboys | A. Jones gets in fight with bodyguard
Wed, 8 Oct 2008 18:49:40 -0700

ESPN.com reports Dallas Cowboys CB Adam Jones got into a fight with one of his security guards at a Dallas hotel Wednesday, Oct. 8, according to several media outlets. Dallas' CBS affiliate, Channel 11, reported Jones was involved in an altercation and damaged a bathroom. Dallas deputy chief Vince Golbeck told the Dallas Morning News police were called to the scene at 1:30 a.m. Golbeck told the newspaper he thought Jones was staying at the hotel and might have been drinking. No police report was filed. A source told ESPN that NFL security has been notified and is investigating.

It was just a matter of time until "Pac-Man" came out to play again.

October 8th, 2008, 10:06 pm
RIP Killer

KFFL wrote:

ESPN.com reports Dallas Cowboys CB Adam Jones got into a fight with one of his security guards at a Dallas hotel Wednesday, Oct. 8, according to several media outlets. Dallas' CBS affiliate, Channel 11, reported Jones was involved in an altercation and damaged a bathroom. Dallas deputy chief Vince Golbeck told the Dallas Morning News police were called to the scene at 1:30 a.m. Golbeck told the newspaper he thought Jones was staying at the hotel and might have been drinking. No police report was filed. A source told ESPN that NFL security has been notified and is investigating.

How in the Hell does someone get into a fight with someone paid to protect them?? Isn't Pac-man supposed to stay away from alcohol?

And why does this douche bag have a body guard anyways? Does any other player in the NFL find it necessary to retain their own personal body guard?

Man, the commish is gonna have a FIELD DAY with this one. Jerry Jones must be kicking himself right now.

October 9th, 2008, 3:09 pm
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

CMWSR wrote:
KFFL wrote:

How in the Hell does someone get into a fight with someone paid to protect them?? Isn't Pac-man supposed to stay away from alcohol?

And why does this douche bag have a body guard anyways? Does any other player in the NFL find it necessary to retain their own personal body guard?

Man, the commish is gonna have a FIELD DAY with this one. Jerry Jones must be kicking himself right now.

From what I understand Jerry Jones has hired a three or four man security detail full time to baby sit Pac Man. Talk about a premium cost to having this player on your team. My guess is that the security guy gave Pac Man the booze, he either wanted more or he decided to roar and the altercation took place.

October 9th, 2008, 3:51 pm
Hall of Fame Player

Post Pac-Man = Loser
grgrundge wrote:
m2karateman wrote:
CMWSR wrote:
KFFL wrote:

From what I understand Jerry Jones has hired a three or four man security detail full time to baby sit Pac Man. Talk about a premium cost to having this player on your team. My guess is that the security guy gave Pac Man the booze, he either wanted more or he decided to roar and the altercation took place.

That is the point here M2K!! And I agree with you both.

Jones is such a wild card that he'll turn against anybody at any time. This is a person who has no ability to control himself whatsoever. His off field antics give professional sports athletes a bad name and FAR overshadows his play making ability on the field.

It's really a shame.

ESPN.com wrote:
NFL review of Pacman's scuffle expected sometime next week

ESPN.com news services

Updated: October 11, 2008, 3:18 AM ET

IRVING, Texas -- The NFL's review of Adam "Pacman" Jones' scuffle with his bodyguard won't be completed until next week, ESPN has learned.

The Dallas Cowboys had already said they won't discipline Jones, so that means the cornerback will play Sunday at Arizona.

NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said in an e-mail Friday that the league's review won't be completed until next week. He didn't provide a specific time.

It is unclear if the league will take any punitive action against Jones, who six weeks ago was reinstated by NFL commissioner Roger Goodell from a 17-month suspension, including the entire 2007 season, that followed a series of off-field problems.

Jones got into a scuffle at an upscale downtown Dallas hotel late Tuesday night with one of members of a security detail provided by the team to be with the cornerback at all times.

Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said the player broke no team rules, but said he was disappointed about the incident.

Adam Jones has started all five games for the Cowboys, and likely will start Sunday.

Of course Jerry Jones is a weasel too (I wonder if there's any relation between them) and I hope the NFL finds something to punish Adam Jones over.

October 11th, 2008, 6:30 am
Profile WWW
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

Pacman suspended at least 4 games for violating conduct policy
ESPN.com news services

Updated: October 14, 2008, 3:12 PM ET

ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. -- Dallas Cowboys cornerback Adam "Pacman" Jones has been suspended for at least four games for his most recent violation of the league's personal conduct policy, the NFL announced Tuesday.

The league said Jones was involved in an alcohol-related incident at a Dallas hotel on Oct. 8. Previous reports indicated Jones was involved in an alcohol-related scuffle with a bodyguard assigned to him by the Cowboys, and that hotel employees called the police.

Jones will not be paid during the suspension. Commissioner Roger Goodell will determine the ultimate length of Jones' suspension after Dallas' Week 11 game against Washington on Nov. 16.

In his letter to Jones informing the player of his latest suspension, Goodell said Jones' "disturbing pattern of behavior was clearly inconsistent with the conditions I set for your continued participation in the NFL."

League and law enforcement sources told ESPN senior NFL analyst Chris Mortensen that Goodell was expected to weigh whether Jones was in potential violation of his probation, in which he was prohibited from alcohol-related incidents.

When Goodell reinstated Jones from suspension before the regular season began, sources said one of the commissioner's conditions for Jones to remain an active player was that he remain in compliance with all aspects of his three-year probation from when he pleaded no contest last February to a felony in Fayette County, Ga.

Police reported that Jones might have been drinking when he was involved in the scuffle with a Cowboys-assigned bodyguard last week in Dallas. But Cowboys owner Jerry Jones has refuted many of the allegations and speculation. Even though police were called to the scene, no arrests were made or charges filed.

Jones began his time in Dallas under close scrutiny by the league after he was suspended for the entire 2007 season for multiple violations of the conduct policy while he was a member of the Tennessee Titans. The Cowboys traded for Jones before his suspension was over and he was reinstated by Goodell on Aug. 28.

Goodell also said his decision on whether Jones can return to play will be based on Jones' strict compliance with the NFL and the Cowboys in relation to treatment plans and evaluations by clinical experts.

Good. I hope the turd never plays a down in the NFL ever again.

October 14th, 2008, 3:22 pm
RIP Killer

Good. I hope the turd never plays a down in the NFL ever again.

the word I'm hearing is "indefinitely" as far as his suspension goes.

October 14th, 2008, 3:47 pm
Profile WWW
Team MVP

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=a ... &type=lgns

Looks like PacMan is back.

November 19th, 2008, 8:52 pm
Hall of Fame Player

Post Plaxico Burress - How do you not laugh?
This Plaxico Burress story might be deserving of it's own thread but I put it here so it can live in infamy.

PFT wrote:
BLOOMBERG WANTS BURRESS BEHIND BARS
Posted by Mike Florio on December 1, 2008, 4:14 p.m.

In 2007, when New York City launched an extensive campaign aimed at making folks aware of the consequences of illegal firearms possession, Mayor Michael Bloomberg was unequivocal.

“If you are convicted,” Bloomberg said, “you will serve a minimum of 3-1/2 years behind bars – no exceptions.”

Bloomberg displayed similar clarity on Monday, calling for the law to be applied as written to Giants receiver Plaxico Burress.

Described as “fuming” in media accounts, Bloomberg said Monday that Burress should be prosecuted ”to the fullest extent of the law.”

“It’s pretty hard to argue the guy didn’t have a gun and that it wasn’t loaded,” Burress Bloomberg said. “You’ve got bullet holes in and out to show that it was there.”

As to the crystal-clear contents of the relevant statute, Bloomberg said, “[Y]ou go automatically to three-and-a-half years in the slammer. And I don’t think that anybody should be exempt from that. And I think it would be an outrage if we don’t prosecute to the fullest extent of the law.

“Our children are getting killed with guns on the street. Our police officers are getting killed with guns in the hands of criminals.”

As we pointed out earlier in the day, Plaxico’s profile could make him a target for aggressive prosecution. The stream of news accounts arising from the court proceedings will do more to deter New Yorkers from taking loaded guns into public places than any amount of public service announcements.

Bloomberg addressed the role of Burress’ notoriety in the case, saying that ”people who live in the public domain” should be held responsible for their conduct because “they are the role models for our kids.” Not prosecuting those who “make their living because of their visibility” would, in Bloomberg’s opinion, make “a sham, a mockery of the law.”

Bloomberg also had choice words for the hospital that failed to alert police that the victim of a gunshot wound was receiving treatment.

“It’s a misdemeanor, it’s a chargeable offense, and I think that the district attorney should certainly go after the management of this hospital,” Bloomberg said. “This is a world-class hospital in a city where we all know what goes on in the streets of our city and where all should be working to get guns off the street.”

And despite prior reports that the Giants had alerted police to the shooting, Bloomberg said that authorities learned of it only through the media, and that the team didn’t report the incident.

“The hospital didn’t call and the Giants didn’t call,” Bloomberg said. “And the Giants should have picked up the phone right away as good corporate citizens. I don’t care whether [there is] the legal responsibility for them to do it.”

Man, a politican who doesn’t mince words and tells it like he sees it. That’s roughly as rare as seeing a polar bear sunbathing in South Florida.

What an idiot!! #-o

Oh, Wait there's more...

PFT wrote:
“HARRIS SMITH” TURNS HIMSELF IN
Posted by Mike Florio on December 1, 2008, 9:46 a.m.

There’s a new alias in the world of NFL players. The infamous moniker of “Ron Mexico” has been replaced by a far less tough-sounding alternative.

Per the New York Post, Giants receiver Plaxico Burress sought treatment for his accidental self-inflicted gunshot wound on Friday night under that name: “Harris Smith.”

The Post also reports that Burress spent 90 minutes after the shooting making calls in an effort to find a hospital where the emergency care would be provided in a discreet manner.

He settled on New York-Cornell, where he gave the phony name and said the incident had occurred at an Applebee’s. Hospital workers recognized that the patient was actually Plaxico Burress, and the hospital failed to report the gunshot wound, despite the clear requirements of New York Penal Law Section 265.25.

Per Section 265.25, ”Every case of a bullet wound, gunshot wound, powder burn or any other injury arising from or caused by the discharge of a gun or firearm . . . shall be reported at once to the police authorities of the city, town or village where the person reporting is located by . . . the physician attending or treating the case; or . . . the manager, superintendent or other person in charge, whenever such case is treated in a hospital, sanitarium or other institution. Failure to make such report is a class A misdemeanor.”

So, basically, the doctor who treated Burress and/or the manager in charge of the facility at the time Burress arrived could end up being Plaxico’s cellmate.

Meanwhile, Burress a/k/a Harris Smith has surrendered to authorities on Monday regarding the shooting. He did not speak to the media as he walked into the police precinct, and he was not visibly limping less than three full days after putting a bullet through his own thigh.

The charges are expected to be felony possession of a firearm and felony reckless endangerment.

But to the extent that Burress is feeling sad about his current situation, he didn’t show it on Sunday night. According to the New York Daily News, Burress was “laughing” about the state of affairs on Sunday night.

“He called me laughing and grinning,” Giants running back Brandon Jacobs said. “He is doing fine. He is feeling good. I called him and made a few jokes about the situation and he laughed — which is what I wanted to hear.”

Remorse and contrition might be better emotions to project at a time when the facts and the law seem to be stacked against Plaxico. His primary audience at this point is the prosecutor who’ll decide whether to throw the book at Burress or cut a deal that lets him walk away with a slap on the wrist to go along with the scar on his thigh.

Though some of our readers think that Burress will skate because of his fame, we think there’s a chance that his fame could do him in. Really, what better way is there to ensure that the citizens of New York realize the consequences of illegally possessing a firearm than to prosecute a high-profile defendant on such charges to the full extent of the law?

The widespread deterrent effect that flows from a criminal trial against a celebrity is extremely valuable to law enforcement. Martha Stewart’s case showed us all that lying to the cops is not tolerated. Barry Bonds’ case demonstrates that perjury isn’t a standard practice whenever someone wants to avoid the consequences of cheating in sports, or any other misconduct they’d prefer to conceal. Scooter Libby’s prosecution proved that the concept of “all’s fair” doesn’t apply to politics. And Mike Vick a/k/a Ron Mexico’s case undoubtedly resulted in the abandonment of dogfighting operations in multiple jurisdictions.

If New York genuinely wants to keep guns from being carried into public places by persons who lack the appropriate permission to do so — and likewise to ensure that the guns don’t go off and injure or kill innocent bystanders — the best way to make it happen might be to make an example out of Plaxico Burress.

This is so stupid it's funny!

December 2nd, 2008, 7:42 am
Profile WWW
The Burress story is shocking to say the least. Why these multi-millionares feel the need to carry their own weapons to protect themselves is beyond me. Really? Burress can't afford to pay ONE BODY GUARD with a legitimate CCW to stay sober and protect him for a night? What would that cost? $1000 at the most??? What did it cost him? Perhaps his career and most of what he owns.

What else I think is funny... If he would have simply said that this incident happened at home it would have had a 100% better chance of going away. Having an unregistered weapon is a felony OUTSIDE of your home. Saying the incident happened at Apple Bees helped him little if at all. He should have gone back home, discharged the weapon into the ground or some safe place and called 911 or gone to the nearest hospital.

Oh well... looks like he'll get what he deserves in the end...

December 2nd, 2008, 11:33 am
Afghan Allstar

What else I think is funny... If he would have simply said that this incident happened at home it would have had a 100% better chance of going away. Having an unregistered weapon is a felony OUTSIDE of your home. Saying the incident happened at Apple Bees helped him little if at all. He should have gone back home, discharged the weapon into the ground or some safe place and called 911 or gone to the nearest hospital.

The article I read about is said there was a witness that saw the gun with blood on it fall out of his pants leg at the club.

December 2nd, 2008, 11:38 am
wjb21ndtown wrote:

The article I read about is said there was a witness that saw the gun with blood on it fall out of his pants leg at the club.

I understand that... And there probably would have been 10 more. But 1) would that witness have shown up at trial? 2) Would he have testified against Burress (which makes you automatically the town jackazz... not rightfully so, but that's how it works)? 3) Could he not have been bought for a relatively reasonable fee (say $10,000... again, not "right" but it happens!)? 4) Would the owner or workers of the club covered for him (he likely goes there once in a while and has a sizeable tab... it's not unlikely that they want to keep his business)? and 5) Would none of Burress' boys have vouched for his whereabouts?

It's about building a case or building information against a case. Just like this guy or group of people would have said that they saw Burress at the night club, he could have had one or more people to say that he was at home. That is why you discharge the gun at home, and not just lie about it... Get that flash powder in the air and on your belongings, maybe get a neighbor or two to hear it, get people to say that they heard a gun shot at X time. Build a case that it could have happened at home, and you have reasonable doubt and a soild defense. As it stands it doesn't appear that he even has his one good leg left to stand on.

December 2nd, 2008, 12:12 pm
Hall of Fame Player

Post most lawyers are idiots
wjb21ndtown wrote:
buell17 wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:

I understand that... And there probably would have been 10 more. But 1) would that witness have shown up at trial? 2) Would he have testified against Burress (which makes you automatically the town jackazz... not rightfully so, but that's how it works)? 3) Could he not have been bought for a relatively reasonable fee (say $10,000... again, not "right" but it happens!)? 4) Would the owner or workers of the club covered for him (he likely goes there once in a while and has a sizeable tab... it's not unlikely that they want to keep his business)? and 5) Would none of Burress' boys have vouched for his whereabouts?

It's about building a case or building information against a case. Just like this guy or group of people would have said that they saw Burress at the night club, he could have had one or more people to say that he was at home. That is why you discharge the gun at home, and not just lie about it... Get that flash powder in the air and on your belongings, maybe get a neighbor or two to hear it, get people to say that they heard a gun shot at X time. Build a case that it could have happened at home, and you have reasonable doubt and a soild defense. As it stands it doesn't appear that he even has his one good leg left to stand on.

WOW! Your law school teacher should be applauded for teaching you all the tricks of the trade. A little fraud and some witness tampering to go with perjury; all in the process of winning a case that gets the stupid idiot, rich criminal off the hook. Congratulations! You'll turn out to be a typical lawyer that everybody can find a reason to despise.

I have a better idea; what if Burress shoots his attorney then himself, both in the head? That will cause the least amount of damage.

"It's about building a case..." Give me a break! Lying douchebag lawyers make me puke! You're worse than the fricken criminals!

December 2nd, 2008, 12:34 pm
Profile WWW
Post Re: most lawyers are idiots
LionFan57 wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
buell17 wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:

WOW! Your law school teacher should be applauded for teaching you all the tricks of the trade. A little fraud and some witness tampering to go with perjury; all in the process of winning a case that gets the stupid idiot, rich criminal off the hook. Congratulations! You'll turn out to be a typical lawyer that everybody can find a reason to despise.

I have a better idea; what if Burress shoots his attorney then himself, both in the head? That will cause the least amount of damage.

"It's about building a case..." Give me a break! Lying douchebag lawyers make me puke! You're worse than the fricken criminals!

LoL... That's not what I would advise someone to do. In fact, its illegal for me to advise someone in that regard. It's just what he SHOULD have done to keep himself out of trouble (or not have gotten into it in the first place!)...

December 2nd, 2008, 12:47 pm
Hall of Fame Player

Post Re: most lawyers are idiots
wjb21ndtown wrote:
LionFan57 wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
buell17 wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:

LoL... That's not what I would advise someone to do. In fact, its illegal for me to advise someone in that regard. It's just what he SHOULD have done to keep himself out of trouble (or not have gotten into it in the first place!)...

Oh yeah... Right :roll:

December 2nd, 2008, 7:14 pm
Profile WWW
Hall of Fame Player

Post ANOTHER DUI FOR REGGIE ROGERS
PFT wrote:
ANOTHER DUI FOR REGGIE ROGERS
Posted by Mike Florio on December 4, 2008, 9:18 a.m.

Former Lions defensive end Reggie Rogers, who once killed three teenagers while driving drunk in the days before anyone cared much about NFL players killing people while driving drunk, has been arrested.

For driving drunk. And for hit-and-run.

It’s reportedly the fifth DUI for Rogers, 44.

This time around, he got belligerent with state troopers and called one of them “Coach James,” which apparently was a reference to former University of Washington coach Don James.

Rogers also pulled a Broadway Joe and at one point, telling one officer that Rogers wanted to “give him a hug and kiss him.” (Maybe, in Rogers’ defense, the officer looked a lot like Suzy Kolber.)

Rogers is being held on $10,000 bond.

Rogers was the seventh overall pick in the 1987 draft. He spent two years with the Lions, and then resurfaced with the Bills in 1991 and Bucs in 1992 after spending a year in prison for ending the lives of those three teenagers.

What a waste! Rogers could have been awesome. Instead he's just using up good oxygen.

December 4th, 2008, 2:39 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 252 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next